Patch 
Posted: 01-Jun-2008, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 01-Jun-2008, 10:19 AM)
They are good. You've got the eye, which isn't surprising seeing how good your pencil work is. I'm very taken with the fish lady -- it seems like such an ordinary, workaday picture, but she has a wonderful face! (That fresh filet looks mighty good to me too . . . smile.gif ) The fresh pink rose is lovely too, especially the contrast of texture with the serrated green leaf.

I agree. Both the photography and art are tops!! Both should sell no matter the state of the economy. If one is not selling for publication the "release" forms from human subjects are probably not necessary. We may know a famous artist and not realize it!

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Patch @ 30-May-2008, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (CelticRose @ 30-May-2008, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 30-May-2008, 01:37 PM)
Your pictures are excelent!  Who did the pencils and prints?

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Hey Patch! I did all the artwork (colored pencils and oils) as well. I had so many people wanting to see my artwork that I included it in my photo gallery. Guess I should be more specific about that in there.

Thanks!

Rindy and JP, thanks for your kind comments. smile.gif

You should look into organizing a show. You might be suprised what people would offer for your work. Be sure to copyright your pictures and sign your work. The South West would be great for your art work and photograpsh sell everywhere. With "people pictures" you need releases. All of the above is easy to accomplish

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Dearest Patch,

I mean no respect here as I know you meant more than well. What all you have suggested I have done for 8-1/2 years. I have traveled very far and spent way more time and than I would have liked in the marketing area of my work. It was so much work and draining that I got totally burned out and got to the point that I never wanted to draw again....which has lasted for the past past four years.

Been doing the photography for a year. Yep, I am not great, but I think I put out some decent photo shots now and then.

Finally, in the past couple weeks I got my art supplies out in hopes of doing drawings again.............just for myself and no one else. smile.gif

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Jun-2008, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I'm in the same boat as Celtic Rose; after years and years of art shows, art & craft festivals and solo/group exhibitions, the marketing part of being an artist has worn thin for me too. The reason we both became artists was because we love the creative process itself; that is where the joy is, isn't it Rose?!
I retired from the art show circuit in 2001 (used to do up to 12 festivals a year) and decided to let a couple of Georgia galleries sell my originals and prints for me. These days I'm much happier spending the majority of my time creating, not marketing. Sales are down, sure, but I don't spend so much on marketing, framing and making prints either so it balances out.

I know Celtic Rose is doing that too, just drawing for the joy of it. Hope to see some of your new work here, my friend!

Siobhan Blues

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
oldraven 
Posted: 19-Mar-2009, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Desertrose, the link no longer works. sad.gif I would love to see these photos, if you get a chance to fix the link.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Mar-2009, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey OR, ole buddy! Great to hear from you!!!!! Hope you and yours are doing well.

my online gallery is now

http://www.pbase.com/desertrose_images

It is also now on my signature.

I removed a lot of photos as I want new ones for this year...as I slowly get new pics from my photo events!

Thanks all for looking!
oldraven 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Thanks Rose. smile.gif

I like the Continental Soldiers. The two seem to be caught up in a sincere conversation. There's no air of display going on here, and so it's actually believable that this photo was taken by a time traveller. wink.gif Perfect focus and lighting too. Everything you need to be looking at is vivid and clear.

Your Scenery photos are great as well. I particularly like the Lone Tree, All Arms Up, and After the Rain, for their framing, and the reflection dividing line in the bird bath gives it visual punch. Parker Dam is one of those photos you can stare at for a very long time, picking out all of the details. That's an incredible landscape. thumbs_up.gif

The last animal photo I saw of yours, I think I mentioned backgrounds. You've aced it with all of these new portraits. Anything potentially distracting is so out of focus you don't risk drawing the eye.

Looking at the Musicians, Capital Lights 2 gets me because buddy's got my Bass! biggrin.gif It's a different colour altogether, but I could tell it was a Jazz from the thumbnail.

Other aces I see? Stargazer Lilies, Geraniums, Trichocerous desert blooms, and Address to Tucson.

It was a pleasure seeing these. Thanks for getting me that link.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Mar-2009, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello OR! Are you still in Novia Scotia? I bet you take amazing photos there.

I noticed that you are still with deviantart.com. I must check your gallery out as I have not seen your work in a very long time. I bet your doing tremendous work!

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my photos and your very kind comments. I had a whole lot more in the pbase gallery, but took out many to make room for new shots for this new year and I will definitely be adding more.

I did indeed take your advice in regards to the animal portraits. In fact, I reshot Nikki using my 50 mm 1.8 lens, using ambient light and blurring out the background. I cannot thank you enough for all your feedback, good or constructive criticism as I am looking for all the help I can get. I may never become as great as your photography, but I enjoy it greatly and just hope I will become better. It's weird now cause I love both photojournalism and nature photography, I find I see things very differently. Everything has become a photo op to me and I am driving all my non photo friends and family crazy..LOL I just still lack the technical skills...DOF still needs to be worked on for me...especially when I want to do a group of flowers.

I did get a new lens, the Canon 28-135 IS and I love this lens so very much! I just it for practically every shot.

Also, I did join a local meetup.com photography group and it is so wonderful. We take classes, have challenge assignments, critiques, workshops and seminars. Best of all? It is free because photog folks who are in the know are willing to share their knowlege. I hope to become better because of their generosity to share. I would highly recommend getting involved in a meetup.com photography group. I found out about them by accident or by intervention wink.gif (depending on how you look at things) and I have been greatly hooked!

I am also learning Adobe Photoshop....big shock, eh?! LOL

Many many thanks again, OR. I really appreciate your feedback greatly..it is more important to me than you could ever know!

take care!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 11-May-2009, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

from Rindy in Shadows' photos:

"DesertRose your pictures are amazing. Several took my breath away. I really loved the one of Riley with his kong toy. Makes me want a Sheltie again. Your doing fantastic with the camera. Cactus blooms can be so beautiful. Thank you for sharing all of these. I hope you will continue."

Slainte

Rindy, I didn't want to intrude on Shadows' photo thread, so I thought I would copy and paste your message in my thread and reply to you here.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my photos. It is always a work in progress, always the goal of becoming better and better. Many thanks again!
Shadows 
Posted: 15-May-2009, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Thank you Rose for moving this, it did not upset me where it was, but...thank you for moving it.

I have reviewed your recent photos and can only say your eye for beauty improves with every photo!

Keep on looking at the real world as many don't see it!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 15-May-2009, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

No problem, Shadows. I hope to see more of your terrific photos and certainly don't want to intrude in on your thread. Thank you for your kind comments. Now it is way too hot to photograph, but if I get out there early in the a.m., I can do some. How about you?
Shadows 
Posted: 15-May-2009, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

I have been spending most of my time looking for gainfull employment...
I have been on unemployment since Jan. 1st.
I have a few photos to post latter this week...

Keep your eye going, beautiful photos!

CelticRoz 
Posted: 11-Sep-2009, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Shadows, hope gainful employment has been granted you since the last time I wrote here.

I have many new photos uploaded in my gallery.

My recent embarkment has been model photography. Not something I was ever planning to do but was invited as a guest photog by a photographer who does only this genre. It was lots of fun and I learned lots. I will be doing two more model photo shoots the end of this month. Not sure if this is for me or not, but hey! Why not stretch myself and find out, eh?

Thanks for looking all!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Oct-2009, 03:55 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I have added some new photos to my website.

I have come to the realization that what I want to do is "beauty shots." Close ups of models aka headshots. I really love this area of work and hope to perfect it as time goes on.

I would appreciate you comments and critiques!

Many thanks!

** forgot to add the website link

http://www.desertrose-images.com/
Shadows 
Posted: 07-Oct-2009, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Rosemary you continue to amaze me!

Shadows
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-Oct-2009, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

still loving landscape

http://www.pbase.com/desertrose_images/lan...andscape&page=3

and architecture photography as well

http://www.pbase.com/desertrose_images/arc...itecture&page=3

http://www.pbase.com/desertrose_images/arc...itecture&page=4

a bunch of us photogs are going on a field trip of sorts next Saturday to shoot both landscape and models. Going to be a really relaxed time, but I hope to get some good shots out of the day. First I have to make the 2-1/2 drive up there early that a.m. yikes!
unsure.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]