tallerlacuba 
  Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

male

Dear Ladies and Lords:

First I want to wish you a Happy and Productive New Year.

Then I want to explain the reason of the creation of this forum.

The last night I entered the game and worked on it, but this morning I saw something wrong, I lost what I have done yesterday, maybe a system crashdown; so I wanted to report that.

But I think it's better to start this topic to write this kind of things.

On the other hand I'd like to make a question, I still don't know if trebuchets are useful for defensive purposes, at least to destroy enemy trebuchets, if not, I think it should be that way.

Have a nice day.

tallerlacuba of Idealand

--------------------
Recte Faciendo Neminem Timeas
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (tallerlacuba @ 03-Jan-2009, 11:00 AM)
Dear Ladies and Lords:

First I want to wish you a Happy and Productive New Year.

Then I want to explain the reason of the creation of this forum.

The last night I entered the game and worked on it, but this morning I saw something wrong, I lost what I have done yesterday, maybe a system crashdown; so I wanted to report that.

But I think it's better to start this topic to write this kind of things.

On the other hand I'd like to make a question, I still don't know if trebuchets are useful for defensive purposes, at least to destroy enemy trebuchets, if not, I think it should be that way.

Have a nice day.

tallerlacuba of Idealand

Dear tallerlacuba,

A very warm and Happy New Year and may it be a Healthy and Prosperous one to you and yours.

As for what happened yesterday you might want to read in the "technical support" forum in the thread "Few Issues This Week" from Paul McArthur and also I would invite you to read my post where I encourage and invite members to upgrade their accounts to Founders to help maintain this great site alive and well.

Here's a titbit that I hope will be useful for you in understanding the role of the trebuchets and battering rams.

"Trebuchets and Battering Rams are purely for offensive purposes. Trebuchets destroy Guard Towers and Battering Rams destroy resource buildings in sequence. Battering Rams destroy all of the mines first, then farms and finally lumber camps."

Hope it'll help you.

LOA smile.gif

Join the Founders Club

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Thank you Dear Queen.

It is useful for me, I also want to become a founder as soon as I can.

I should have readed the other topics first.

Have a nice day.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 05-Jan-2009, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Is there any unit wich can be useful against trebuchets attack?
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 05-Jan-2009, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Lord tallerlacuba,

No, for trebuchets in medieval times were considered the ultimate destruction weapon as it was during the Roman era and the trebuchets were later replaced by cannons which was much more accurate and destructive in battle.
So therefore in the game the trebuchets is your ultimate destruction weapon since cannons don't exist yet in our world.

Here is bit of history on the trebuchets that you might find interesting.

Trebuchets were usually built on site where the battle was taking place because the weapon was to large and heavy to move from place to place. Engineers instructed soldiers on how to build the weapons. The people operating these siege machines were called gynours and these men often had a hard time building and operating the trebuchets due to constant bombardment from enemy arrows. Besides those few problems the trebuchet was a very effective weapon able to destroy most anything in its way. The enemy would always try to burn down the trebuchet by firing flame lit arrows during any reconnaissance trips.

Hope it helps you a bit.

LOA smile.gif

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 07-Jan-2009, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Thank you dear Queen.

Of course it helps me, but I find unfair that trebuchets are undestructible even for other trebuchets, because in my humble logic if I place a trebuchet near a building it should be able to defend the building against the attacker trebuchet.

Have a nice Day

tallerlacuba 
Posted: 07-Jan-2009, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

How many guard towers can a trebuchet destroy in a battle?
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 07-Jan-2009, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Someone knows how did a battering ram function?
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 07-Jan-2009, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Why you can not attack an enemy army?
hydroshok40 
Posted: 08-Jan-2009, 12:52 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Hermiston, OR

male

QUOTE (tallerlacuba @ 07-Jan-2009, 03:26 PM)
Someone knows how did a battering ram function?

I've seen three different types. The first is just you basic ram, carried by troops and manually swung against the castle gates. this was somewhat effective, but costly in manpower at the only protection they had agains the defenders was shield held over there heads. when one troop fell, someone would have to rush to take his place.
The second type is a long log mounted on wheels. the troops would pull it back aways then rush it forward to connect with the castle gates. this one is more powerful and has the advantage that a covering could be built over it for protection. the downfall to this one is that depending on the approach to the castle gates, you might not be able to get alot of momentum.
The third type is also the most powerful. it is a log hung between two a frames as a swinging ram. this one has the advantage that you could get alot of hits in rather quickly, did not take alot of troops to operate once in place, and could have a cover built over it. the problems with it is that it was rather difficult to get into place.

what was used depended largely on the approach to the castle gates, and the defenses present. you can go online and there are some good sites describing these weapons. this is one of my favorites.

http://www.medieval-spell.com/Medieval-Sie...ge-Weapons.html

HYDRO

PMEmail Poster               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 08-Jan-2009, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Thanks a lot Lord Hydro

It is very interesting and educational.

tallerlacuba
the5d2d11 
Posted: 18-Jan-2009, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

I wish that you could give the people starting out more resources each hour so we can get off to a better start.
PMEmail Poster               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 19-Jan-2009, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I think maybe the "Recruitment missions" should have a logical range according the invested resources, the player's scoreor something more predictable.

It's just an opinion.

Have a nice day

tallerlacuba
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]