Posted: 06-Jun-2006, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

So I was wondering how many of you were taking a slightly skeptical edge to today and how many are rubbing the lucky rabbit's foot and steering clear of ladders?

For me...well, it's a tuesday, and just another day of the week so far. Nothing otherworldly has occured to my knowledge except for maybe the fact that Mike in the next cubicle has finally shut his yap and is actually working...but that's only cuz the boss came and put the screws to him today.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 06-Jun-2006, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Oh, please. The devil is either in the details, which I firmly suspect, or it's in the only species that experiences shame and knows very well how to blush, but doesn't do it nearly often enough.

If it's any comfort to anyone, 6+6+6 adds up to 18, the number constitued by the Hebrew letters Chet Yud, or "chai", which means "life", and it's been considered extraordinarily lucky for a lot longer than the book of Revelation has been in existence.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 06-Jun-2006, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

I don't buy into it...but I think it's kinda fun to chit chat about. I find it amusing all the thigns people are doing to protect themselves today. I know people who don't want to write the date out. There are also women who have been inducing labor or scheduling c-sections around today.

However, as much as I don't believe, in the back of my mind I wonder. And I wouldn't want a child of mine born today either. Just in case.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
ShadowDarkFyre 
Posted: 06-Jun-2006, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

ur-Lord of the Domain and Realms

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Caer RivenMyst, Fantasia I.D.

male

Personally, I donnae' care...

--------------------
user posted image

There's magick in believing...

The Domain and Realms
http://www.thedomainandrealms.com
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 06-Jun-2006, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

female

I don't care either...just thinking it would be amusing to hear of some of the things that people are going through just to avoid the date is all... tongue.gif There's one of the ladies here in the office that is avoiding writing the date and answering the phones every hour and 6 minutes. Thinking that if she writes the date or answers the phone 6 min after the hour that she's going to get bad news. Some people are just simpletons...
PMEmail Poster               
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 06-Jun-2006, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

I'm not falling for any of it... but I DO applaud Hollywood for remaking "The Omen" and holding it for release today. That's pretty cool! cool.gif

The only people that believe that stuff are the same ignats that fret over everything... like stepping on cracks, walking under ladders, breaking mirrors, or only drinking Guinness after 4:00pm. That last one just plain scares me!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
dundee 
Posted: 06-Jun-2006, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

hey senara

i bet mike in the next cubicle.... believes in it laugh.gif

sometimes we blame our own folly on "the forces" being against us... note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Senara 
Posted: 07-Jun-2006, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

female

just when you thought the day had ended this happens. Granted I don't believe in the whole "organized religion" thing but I've performed several concerts at this beautiful (and newly renovated) cathedral and to see such blatent disrespect really pisses me off!

http://www.620wtmj.com/_content/news/story_2981.asp

Vandals Strike Holy Hill

Jun 7, 12:00 PM CDT

Staff members at one of southeastern Wisconsin's most recognizable landmarks arrived Wednesday morning to find that someone had vandalized it late Tuesday night, in an incident apparently timed to coincide with the date 06-06-06.

Satanic words and symbols, and vulgar terms, were spray painted throughout the complex at the Holy Hill National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians, in the Town of Erin, according to Shrine Director Fr. Cyril Guise.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 07-Jun-2006, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

There's no end of eejits that will take advantage of any occasion to do the primary mischief of vandalism. This is sad. I'm sorry to say it's predictable.

Now then -- the movie is beautifully artistically conceived and shot, and decently well acted -- the screenplay, however, is not very good, and the story, as always, is ridiculous. Liev Schreiber isn't very well cast as Thorne, but no one will ever replace Gregory Peck in any role he ever did, so what was the guy to do? The kid was creep city, very good. If you like sudden frights, they're pretty good. If you like big hairy attack dogs that are interchangeable with insane attack nannies for mania value, you've got it all.

I really would not bring the kids. Deaths are a mite too graphic.
PMEmail Poster               
jedibowers 
Posted: 07-Jun-2006, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Fishers, IN

male

I just used it to remember those who died on D-Day and during WWII. I was very disappointed that none of the media or local newspapers said anything about it being the anniversary of D-Day.
PMEmail Poster                
Annabelle 
Posted: 07-Jun-2006, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Although it's just another day I felt 6-6-6 yesterday to be an ominious one. I didn't do anything in particular to "protect" myself but I didn't go looking for trouble either...

I don't think by being alarmed is any more "ignorant" than not being so. It comes down to personal beliefs.

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 08-Jun-2006, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

It can be argued that the Gregorian calendar is off by 4 years, and that the day of the beast passed without notice on June 6, 2002. wink.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
IMHO, the real importance of June 6 is what happened on the beaches of Normandy in 1944.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
ronw1 
Posted: 08-Jun-2006, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: tulsa ok

male

could not agree more even if I am a day or to late in reading this, My father was in Italy
Jan 1944 so he was before D-Day he servived the war. But died just after I was born in 59, So everyone needs to Thank the Vets that are left (dieing at the rate of 1100 a day)
These people made all of us free.

Salute to all the Armed Forces from that time Thanks thumbs_up.gif beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ImmortalAvalon 
Posted: 10-Jun-2006, 04:41 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina

female

An ordinary Tuesday? Not in my house. It was my mother's birthday! Other than that, it was just another day.
PMEmail Poster               
Sonee 
Posted: 10-Jun-2006, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

I have to throw my hat in with Senara. I think it is fascinating to see how people react to days like this and Friday the 13ths. I also think that it is just another day and actually forgot about the date unless I had to write it or heard it said.

Of course, if any of you read the politics thread you know my views on the bible and Christianity but I think fear of this day, or even mild concern and watchfullness, is Christian paranoia attempting to "control the masses". If even one bad thing happens on that day than the believers are vindicated: "see, I told you it was bad". Never mind the millions of bad things that happen across the Earth on the other 364 days of the year, they mean nothing, just people being human. BUT, on THIS day it means they are evil and it's a sign of Satan moving among us.

Sorry, I don't buy it. I'm also concerned that this, mostly religios, observance takes away from real events that have already happened and should always be remembered and acknowledged. I, personally, didn't know that it was also the anniversary of D-day which I think is much more important than some thinly associated "day of evil".

It just goes to show you where the world is heading that they remember the words and numbers found in an ancient text and not the people who bravely fought for this country a scant fifty some years ago.

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]