Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Women's Issues, Guy's Don't want to go here! Women only!
Annabelle 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Hey girls, did you notice the views into this topic are almost 400 with only 60 posting?

We've got some nosey guys on here! They want to share their feminie sides.
That or they just want to be educated into "what women really want"!
Remember the movie?

Pass the advil!

A

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Jan 3 2004, 11:00 AM)
Hey girls, did you notice the views into this topic are almost 400 with only 60 posting?

We've got some nosey guys on here! They want to share their feminie sides.
That or they just want to be educated into "what women really want"!
Remember the movie?

Pass the advil!

A

No Sis A, it is not that we are nosey, we just want the facts to be straight when you are talking about us. There is a lot of talk about how a woman goes through changes but you almost never see anything when a man goes through changes too.

Why is that, is it that us men don't want to be pampered during this time period of our life and that we just want to be left alone to deal with it ourself?

Just Food for Thought.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Annabelle 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Men have their times too!
It's called Mental-pause for men! Here's the proof.

Girls, ever notice one day your husband comes thru the door and growls everything he says.

See it's his time of the month.

A

Richard you didn't think I'd let you get away with that did ya? I'm gonna tell mom on you.
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

See guys, Sis A is picking on me again. She is always telling mom everything on me. And I am such a good guy. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Well the boys always did get into trouble for crashing in on the girls' slumber parties. tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (Irish Stepper @ Jan 3 2004, 01:14 PM)
Well the boys always did get into trouble for crashing in on the girls' slumber parties. tongue.gif

That was when we were boys, that was expected of us and you girls loved it Right? wink.gif

I think we would get in trouble now if we were to try it. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Yeah, but now it would be a different kind of trouble. tongue.gif
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Richard, one thing I don't want to be and that is pampered. Just leave me in grief to dwell! wink.gif

Do any of you ladies that still have your menses get terribly hot right before your time? Usually that is when I get really moody and get in a really terrible mood. I should be ashamed, but I do believe my evil twin comes out. furious.gif I guess as you get older the PMS gets worst. It is so obvious that my daughters don't want to get around me. Of course, they can hightail it and run.

Gee Whiz, I'm have a century old, when does it stop? frusty.gif

gunsmilie.gif Let's Go Girls! bangin.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi all!

I'm going to attempt to catch up a bit here, so please bear with me.....

To start way back--I've found that using a pumice stone on my rough heels didn't quite do the trick. There's a super thing out there called Badger Healing Balm that works like a charm in about 3-4 days! It has Virgin Olive Oil, Natural Beeswax, Castor Oil, Aloe Vera, and a couple other things I can't remember. The company's out of New Hampshire,and their web site is www.badgerbalm.com.

As to that "wonderful" Change that's coming in life, well I'm nearly 47 (not yet, though!!) and am still waiting for that to start - yes, waiting, wondering,almost hoping it will be soon. I'm doing the 2 weeks "on", 2 weeks "off" routine now as it is, but my doctor says I haven't started into the pre-Men stuff yet. Still, sometimes it seems like a rollercoaster ride here with only two weeks for the moods to adjust, then back full swing again. I really do pity my family, and try to keep a steady head! angel_not.gif Still, I figure I've done my part (we have two wonderful, precious daughters), I'm not going to have any more Thank You!, and I'm so tired of the 2-week long mess and moods that I'd just as soon have done with it already!! (Feel free to slap me if I'm just being selfish.) My mom was done at this point in her life, my younger sister is done now, my youngest sis is at the same place I am and agrees with me. My husband, however, is praying it comes much later because all his friends at work have told him their wives lost all interest in "you-know-what!" after M set in. No assurances on my part will assuage his worries there!

And that leads me to...YES!! guys have their own Change they go through!! No question about it, no matter how vehemently some try to deny it!! My hubby and I are the same age, so I'm a bit nervous knowing there will be a time when we're *both* going through some rough stuff! Heaven help us!

Have I basically caught up yet?? biggrin.gif I'll try not to be absent so long again, promise!

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ Jan 3 2004, 03:22 PM)
Richard, one thing I don't want to be and that is pampered. Just leave me in grief to dwell! wink.gif

Do any of you ladies that still have your menses get terribly hot right before your time? Usually that is when I get really moody and get in a really terrible mood. I should be ashamed, but I do believe my evil twin comes out. furious.gif I guess as you get older the PMS gets worst. It is so obvious that my daughters don't want to get around me. Of course, they can hightail it and run.

Gee Whiz, I'm have a century old, when does it stop? frusty.gif

gunsmilie.gif Let's Go Girls! bangin.gif

maggiemahone1

Patti! I had that for years! The horrible PMS and the evil twin coming out during that time. My poor husband! Then when the menopause came, it was much worse! I thought I would go crazy. Sometimes I wanted to just run and go climb up a telephone pole! wacko.gif And boy! Did I ever and still need my space! Lots of it.....almost to the point of being a hermit....which my husband does call me, btw. laugh.gif

May I recommend a really good book for you all, women and men? It is called "The Wisdom of Menopause" by Kathrine Northrup, MD. It is an excellent book and prepares you for what to expect, affirms what you are going through and why and what you can do to try to help you. The book was a God send to me!

And also I think one of the hardest things for me to decide while going through all the menopause stuff was whether to choose the HRT or the natural herbs, vitamins and progesterone to try to get some relief. I kept my computer hot with doing all the research. I went through 10 years of hell! things are starting to finally calm down now. I still get warmer than others, but at least my emotions are far better in control.

Frankly, I think it is nice the guys are coming in here cause they can learn about what us women go through and can be informed and of sympathy to their wives and girlfriends. And I think the men should start a thread of their own so we can snoop and see what they go through! biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

I don't try to be sympathetic, all I am trying to do is stay out of the way. wink.gif

I didn't get all of my Wisdom Hairs for being dumb. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster                
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

Can't believe the men who keep coming in here and reading the "women's" stuff! Amazing! cool2.gif

Menopause is one of the worst things I've had to endure in my lifetime! The hot flashes are rotten. My students hate freezing in my classroom because I tell them I'm hot and turn on the air conditioning. They can bring a coat, right?!? evil.gif

I need space and my husband of 35 years has figured that out. I give him his space when he needs it. He'd take it even if I didn't give it to him. He's learned to cut a wide path around me when my face is red. Kind of funny when I think about it. fyou.gif

I hate the fact that my hair is thinning and everything has succumbed to gravity! What's up with that? furious.gif

How was that for a rant? Did I do a good job? I can go on if anyone would like lol.gif

I know the menopause is for the birds! Men think they have it tough..........no wonder women are the ones who have kids cuz men couldn't do it king.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Jan 3 2004, 04:03 PM)
I don't try to be sympathetic, all I am trying to do is stay out of the way. wink.gif

I didn't get all of my Wisdom Hairs for being dumb. tongue.gif

Richard, You truly are wise lol.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Jan 3 2004, 09:57 AM)
Shadow I knew you were a whimp! Sneaking in here and reading. I knew you'd probablly feel left out!  You'd better watch it these girls are talking "the big H" and you'd better hold on to your head.

A

Whimp? Don't think so! Sneaking, No to that to, I am a global moderator and it is part of what I do here.

I have a daughter that is almost twice your age young lady...and one who is your age...

She was the first natural birth at the hospital my wife and I went to, I was present at the birth and fought real hard with the nurses to leave the child with us so my wife could nurse her, that was unheard of at the time ( 1977 ) . I have also delivered one of my own kids at home ( this was my wifes choice !) I do have an understanding of what you go through ( my wife is now in menapause ) and respect woman, not all men do! And I am not looking for sympathy in my life changes. But am trying to understand more what women go through, we need each other in life through all its trials and tribulations. Make peace, not war!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Shadows! I appreciate all what you have to say and the input. You too Richard and oldraven! good to have male feedback, I say! beer_mug.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]