ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
844,401 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Lord loxinthe of Thera,

Nice job of being the first player to go over 100K (101,481 to be exact).

How much money did you have to spend to get 9000 workers though?

Enjoy the crown while you have it! king.gif

-Chieftain McRoach

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 24-Dec-2008, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Lord McRoach,

Lord loxinthe was at rank 38 or 39 with a score of a bit over 10k.
I think it's more then likely that it's a computer glitch again...

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
tallerlacuba 
Posted: 24-Dec-2008, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

male

I agree with Lady of Avalon.

I use to see the ammounts of gold of each player in the page of "Members" in the MK ranking ladder and the low score player with more millions of gold was Kallista of Wimpy.

Who knows what should have happened.

Maybe he won a lottery...

--------------------
Recte Faciendo Neminem Timeas
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 24-Dec-2008, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

There is definitely a glitch with recruiting workers here for I tried a test for it is a second time that someone recruits workers and ends-up with a huge amount of them for no reason...I tried as a test here for the last time it took over ten times to even get 2 workers...now the first shot and I end up with 791...hmmm! computer is freaking out...too many workers not enough food income???? rolleyes.gif

LOA unsure.gif
McRoach 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
844,401 Gold!

Glitch or no, Lord loxinthe still got up to 100K 1st and had the crown, that is until someone went in to take 1000 or so workers away I see. Nothing lasts forever I suppose.

Good thing workers don't require food from the kingdoms resources or starvation would be worse than the plage to some players.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (McRoach @ 26-Dec-2008, 01:50 PM)
Glitch or no, Lord loxinthe still got up to 100K 1st

Nobody is arguing that point my Lord...it was just a statement that I made about the fact that it could be tricky to try and get workers for the system is freaking out sometimes and one is not sure with what he/she'll end up with and can find oneself in trouble like Lord Loxinthe did....

For now someone took great pleasure in destroying him just to acquire free workers...too cheap to spend the gold...it was easier to pick on a new and lone player and destroy what little he had.

LOA smile.gif
subhuman 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

that is until someone went in to take 1000 or so workers away I see

746 to be exact.

For now someone took great pleasure in destroying him just to acquire free workers...too cheap to spend the gold...it was easier to pick on a new and lone player and destroy what little he had.

Hell yeah! I can train workers for about 51,000 gold each, or get them from him for the cost of a slaver. The latter is a heck of a lot cheaper.

To paraphrase what I was told by many people when I was a lone player being attacked multiple times per day by the combined forces of Clan Wolf:
suck it up, it's part of the game.

Face it, being king paints a big bullseye on your back.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (subhuman @ 26-Dec-2008, 05:32 PM)
To paraphrase what I was told by many people when I was a lone player being attacked multiple times per day by the combined forces of Clan Wolf:
suck it up, it's part of the game.

In my eyes it makes you as bad as they were...

Face it, being king paints a big bullseye on your back.

So I gather by your statement here that this is what I am to you a future target with a big painted bulleye on my back!!!

That's good to know for I know where I stand with you now my lord.

Lady of Avalon

subhuman 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

In my eyes it makes you as bad as they were...

Really? This is the first I've heard of you thinking they or their behavior was "bad." In fact, the only thing I can find from when I was being attacked was you saying this:
"I cannot agree more. For if some people take it at heart when it's only a game meant for fun...well that's their problems."
http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...pic=12264&st=15

So, well, if it bothers you- based on your own statement, that's your problem.

So I gather by your statement here that this is what I am to you a future target with a big painted bulleye on my back!!!

In one sense, yes you are. It's rare that anyone remains in first place for very long; there's always someone else aiming for that position. I think I can safely say that most, if not all, of the players here would like to be in first place. That is the goal people are shooting for, so yes- the King is a target.

However, what I was referring to was that I had been in first place "back in the good 'ol days" when Wolf was making repeated "visits" to my kingdom. When I unassigned all but 3 of my workers, thus lowering my score (and ranking), the attacks stopped.
Which leads me to the conclusion that being in first place paints a bulls-eye on one's back.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (subhuman @ 26-Dec-2008, 07:52 PM)
Really? This is the first I've heard of you thinking they or their behavior was "bad." In fact, the only thing I can find from when I was being attacked was you saying this:
"I cannot agree more. For if some people take it at heart when it's only a game meant for fun...well that's their problems."
http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...pic=12264&st=15

So, well, if it bothers you- based on your own statement, that's your problem.

In one sense, yes you are. It's rare that anyone remains in first place for very long; there's always someone else aiming for that position. I think I can safely say that most, if not all, of the players here would like to be in first place. That is the goal people are shooting for, so yes- the King is a target.

However, what I was referring to was that I had been in first place "back in the good 'ol days" when Wolf was making repeated "visits" to my kingdom. When I unassigned all but 3 of my workers, thus lowering my score (and ranking), the attacks stopped.
Which leads me to the conclusion that being in first place paints a bulls-eye on one's back.

I'm just playing a game here sir and try to enjoy it but I won't waste my time with someone that looks into someone else's replies that was address to Paul and not to you personally and post it here just to do what exactly...I don't know and I don't care.And no it doesn't bother me one bit...

I am just playing a role here in the game thank you very much.

LOA smile.gif
subhuman 
Posted: 26-Dec-2008, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

I quoted it to point out that's the only thing you ever posted when Clan Wolf was attacking me three months ago.
Today you say that in your eyes, I am "as bad as them." During that entire debacle one- only ONE- person ever posted that they agreed with me, and it wasn't you.

I also have to point out that YOU got to your current ranking by attacking people and taking their workers- why is it "bad" when I do the same?

I am extremely limited in my combat options at this point; I have treaties with clans Bruce and MacInnes, so I am honor-bound to not attack them. Game mechanics do not allow me to attack anyone else. He's the first viable target I have had in months.
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 27-Dec-2008, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I am extremely limited in my combat options at this point; I have treaties with clans Bruce and MacInnes, so I am honor-bound to not attack them. Game mechanics do not allow me to attack anyone else. He's the first viable target I have had in months.

apparently your "honor" is CRAP since you HAVE launched an attack against Clan MacInnes! I do not think you will like the outcome of this.

TEAR HIM UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
McRoach 
Posted: 27-Dec-2008, 01:25 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
844,401 Gold!

QUOTE (subhuman @ 26-Dec-2008, 08:53 PM)

I guess that lamb walked into the wrong lions den huh? I didn't realize how blood starved you were subhuman. vampire.gif twisted.gif wink.gif
loxinthe 
Posted: 27-Dec-2008, 03:49 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

For the record, I do not see this as a glitch at all. I was very deliberate in my attempts to gain so many workers so quickly, and I spent more than 3,000,000 gold to do it. As for the unprovoked attacks on me, they are nothing but despicable and dishonorable. I decided that I need to get a large mass of workers that I could assign to tasks little by little.

I hope for future "targets" I have allowed subhuman and olorin to overcome their bloodlusts and craving for violence. Nevertheless, they destroyed everything in my kingdom: all armies and all buildings. What I have left is my citizens ready to work to rebuild Thera, and we will.

I trusted in my Queen and the other Lords and Ladies of Avalon to aid me in protection. Never will Thera be to provoker, nor succumb to the temptations of freely absconding with some weaker kingdom's resources.

Thank you for the congratulations, and my actions to increase both my score and my workforce were very deliberate. I have heard tale of the cutthroat tactics of many from clan wolf here, and will admit I wondered if subhuman was part of that escapade. Never have two wrongs made a right, but Thera will not be destroyed forever and never will my people be satisfied with being slaves to a kingdom with no honor.

Lord Loxinthe Avshtar
Governor of Communications
Land of Avalon
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
  Posted: 27-Dec-2008, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (subhuman @ 26-Dec-2008, 09:53 PM)
I quoted it to point out that's the only thing you ever posted when Clan Wolf was attacking me three months ago.
Today you say that in your eyes, I am "as bad as them."  During that entire debacle one- only ONE- person ever posted that they agreed with me, and it wasn't you.

I also have to point out that YOU got to your current ranking by attacking people and taking their workers- why is it "bad" when I do the same?

I am extremely limited in my combat options at this point; I have treaties with clans Bruce and MacInnes, so I am honor-bound to not attack them.  Game mechanics do not allow me to attack anyone else.  He's the first viable target I have had in months.

Oh! Is that so? And how come you know so much about MY actions sir? I will let you know that I've worked my way up by yes attacks upon others but by hard work and building slowly my kingdom NOT by attacking smaller inexperience players just to feed my greed which I'm not by the way. But by general votes and plans by the clan council and our Laird...NOT by myself alone. And then brag about it. No sir I even encourage another to start anew and build a stronger clan and even aid in recruiting new members. But since you seemed to know so much about me how come you did not know about that???

And if you want that Crown so much my Lord Subhuman I will give it to you freely for all I care. It doesn't make any difference to me. Like I said I'm not a greedy person neither in real life nor in a game.So, as soon as will be able to log in I will lower my workers just so will wear the Crown and then it'll be your turn to have a painted backside.

And as your other accusation that I did not "agreed" with you let me point out sir that my interests is NOT only here in MK forums...contrary to you and some others and that is fine every one is allowed to their choices... I do read and reply to the real peoples stories and opinions in the CR forums, so by doing so I don't have my face glued to the screen 24/7 to read all the posts and complaints of everyone in the game and also was not as an active player then then I am now for I was working, now I have more time for myself at home for the moment so I'm sorry that by not "agreeing" with you then I became a "kind of vendetta I will throw your past statements in your face" target to you to prove your point is right sir.For in your reply you stress out a lot on the "YOU" in capital letters.

Respectfully yours,

Lady of Avalon
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]