Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

Just a quick note that our free and paid email services for web based accounts is now back online and working properly.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
merle 
Posted: 23-Jul-2008, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Washington State

male

Thank you for fixing it.
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 24-Jul-2008, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

MacFive, my email isn't working. I click on Email & all I get is a white screen with "Done" in the left hand bottom corner of my screen. I copied the http address. I hope you can help me out, actually I don't believe my email worked from day one. unsure.gif I sent some email to it to test it out. Couldn't open it. Please see below:

http://www.celtichearts.com/mail/index.php?langid=

Thanks for looking into this, MacFive biggrin.gif
PM               
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Jul-2008, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I can't get my email to work either. It was a 404 error earlier now it's just a white page.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Mines working now. I love the different looks of the new email. Thanks Celtic Radio.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

My apologies. I thought I had deleted this message! Been spending the last week and a half working on this new email system. I'm afraid my first message was a little premature.

The new system is up and running now and would very much appreciate if people can try it out. Send emails to and from and let us know what your results are.

We are not expecting the same problems as our old system, but some good ol user testing would be appreciated! biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

I have been testing. The webcelt.com address isn't working for me so I signed up as well for the celtichearts.com address. Neither one is working. I can't receive any mail at either, the test emails I sent have bounced back from both accounts. The mail forwarding doesn't work so I cannot retrieve mail from yahoo.

And I don't see a way to force checking for email. Is there one and I don't see it?

And my socketmail won't sign me in to either account...

Well? You wanted testers! laugh.gif

I'd rather keep the celtichearts.com if you have to delete one, though I realize that means my wiki and my website will have to change to reflect the celtichearts rather than the webcelt so if that's a PITA, don't worry about it.

*sigh* I suppose I screwed everything up now, didn't I?

Sorry... oops.gif

But you know, I really do make a great tester, because if there's a way to screw something up, I'm the one who can do it!

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I can send email fine. I sent mail to myself from another email and it still hasn't came in. Will let you know if it comes in. Also if I go into my control panel and click on the inbox it takes me to the old mail. If I click the email icon at the top of the page it takes me to the new email. Neither has my message that I sent.
No hurry just thought I'd let you know. Thank you.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 26-Jul-2008, 04:32 PM)
I have been testing. The webcelt.com address isn't working for me so I signed up as well for the celtichearts.com address. Neither one is working. I can't receive any mail at either, the test emails I sent have bounced back from both accounts. The mail forwarding doesn't work so I cannot retrieve mail from yahoo.

Ok, let me try and answer each question you have:

1. Please forward to me your bounce emails. I will send you my email address in a private message so I can examine both. Both webcelt.com and celtichearts.com are working properly. Something tells me your email is not even making it out of your own computer or system. We are not bouncing any emails, so the bounce message you are receiving is not from our email system. In order for me to help you I will need to see the bounce messages.

2. Emails are updated every 15 minutes. If you send an email to one of your accounts, you will not receive it immediately. It will arrive at the hour, 15 past, 30 past or 45 past as our email system updates all emails at this time.

3. We use spamhaus, spamcop and AVG (virus protection) to check all emails coming and going. If any email domains are blacklisted by these organizations, then emails will not be sent or received. We are using very high security to prevent any spam from arriving or being sent from the email system. We also block a number of countries from sending and receiving email.

4. To get the desktop agent to work on any non-celtichearts.com, please right click the little red envelope on your task bar, click show config, user info: then type in your email address, password and check save information; click apply and then ok. Your desktop agent will now function properly.

5. Finally, I updated your password to match the one originally provided to us. This way you can automatically log into the system. This might have been why your desktop agent was not working.

Just to let you know, we have tested the system with gmail, msn, hotmail, yahoo mail and a few others and all results worked as expected.

The only other possibility is your internet provider is blocking all email accounts other than the most common ones as a way to prevent spam. Hope this all helps you out.

CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

QUOTE (Rindy @ 26-Jul-2008, 08:45 PM)
I can send email fine. I sent mail to myself from another email and it still hasn't came in. Will let you know if it comes in. Also if I go into my control panel and click on the inbox it takes me to the old mail. If I click the email icon at the top of the page it takes me to the new email. Neither has my message that I sent.
No hurry just thought I'd let you know. Thank you.

Slainte

Rindy,

That inbox is for your private messages on this website. That part of our site has not changed and we will continue to support private messages.

Also, emails are updated 4 times an hour every 15 minutes. Try reviewing your account a little later for the emails.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Thanks so much, CR, for getting back with me.

Both bounced emails came back as unknown user. When I enabled the MailGuard option, the email went that far and I did get notified that I needed to authorize the the email, then it went through to my account at celtichearts.com but I didn't try the webcelt.com address.

I don't have trouble signing in online, but no matter what I do, including uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop client, that doesn't work.

I'm not so worried about that though as being able to get my email. I can send it. Just don't get it. sad.gif

And it's not something you need to do right this minute so please, just whenever you have time! I'm not here to be a big pest... (just a tiny one wink.gif )

PMEmail Poster                
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 26-Jul-2008, 11:16 PM)
Thanks so much, CR, for getting back with me.

Both bounced emails came back as unknown user. When I enabled the MailGuard option, the email went that far and I did get notified that I needed to authorize the the email, then it went through to my account at celtichearts.com but I didn't try the webcelt.com address.

I don't have trouble signing in online, but no matter what I do, including uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop client, that doesn't work.

I'm not so worried about that though as being able to get my email. I can send it. Just don't get it. sad.gif

And it's not something you need to do right this minute so please, just whenever you have time! I'm not here to be a big pest... (just a tiny one wink.gif )

The desktop agent will work, but remember your username needs to be the whole email address and you need to use the config option from the desktop agent.

If you have the bounce emails send them to me along with the email addresses you are using and I am sure we can figure it out.

Email system is functioning 100% now! smile.gif
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 27-Jul-2008, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Hi Paul,

I checked mine and it is working just fine.

Thanks you very much,
LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 27-Jul-2008, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,976 Gold!

Yes, we have finally got the email system right. The only problem that people might run into is using email addresses that have been blacklisted by spamhaus and spamcop.

I did have a little trouble getting the desktop agent running for the first time. Just go to the little envelope in your taskbar, right click and then config. Go to user information and make sure you put in the username as your full email address. Apply, Save and restart and it will work fine.
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Jul-2008, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

It's working now. Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]