Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Store Orders 30 Tons Of Jumbo Jelly Beans, That's alotta Jelly Beans....
dragonboy3611 
  Posted: 19-Jan-2005, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

Indiana Store Orders 30 Tons of Jumbo Jelly Beans for Festival
The Associated Press

WAKARUSA, Ind. Jan 18, 2005 ? Thirty tons of jumbo jelly beans would be enough to satisfy even the sweetest tooth. That's exactly what the owners of The Dime Store in northern Indiana are hoping.

The Wakarusa store ordered the tonnage for its 35th bean season far more than the 5 tons of the 1 1/2-inch candies it ordered in 1998.

The store in the town about 25 miles southeast of South Bend began selling jumbo jelly beans in conjunction with the Wakarusa Maple Syrup Festival 35 years ago. That first year, the store ordered 100 pounds and sold them all.

"When we first started selling jelly beans by the ton, people probably thought we had rocks in our head," store co-owner Deb McNally told The Truth of Elkhart for a Tuesday story.

Search Still on for Missing N.C. Children
Clarification: Breast Milk Report
Lenny Kravitz Kicks Off 'GMA' Concert Series
And now with a half-ton of new stone-shaped beans called Jelly Stones, McNally said she guesses they're out to prove it.

"It's a jelly bean that looks like a rock," said her husband and co-owner Mac McNally.

The uniqueness of this year's sweet treat stands above even the store's chocolate covered cherry beans they introduced a few years ago, he said.

The new multicolored stones come in six colors and flavors: blue, wintergreen; brown, cinnamon; yellow, pineapple; white, citrus; reddish, cherry; and black, licorice.

Just thought this was quite amazing, oh I wish I could come to this festival!

URL HERE

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
ErikDeckers 
Posted: 15-Feb-2005, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacOak

Realm: Orlando, FL

male

QUOTE (dragonboy3611 @ 19-Jan-2005, 01:23 PM)
Indiana Store Orders 30 Tons of Jumbo Jelly Beans for Festival
The Associated Press

WAKARUSA, Ind. Jan 18, 2005 ? Thirty tons of jumbo jelly beans would be enough to satisfy even the sweetest tooth. That's exactly what the owners of The Dime Store in northern Indiana are hoping.

The Wakarusa store ordered the tonnage for its 35th bean season far more than the 5 tons of the 1 1/2-inch candies it ordered in 1998.

The store in the town about 25 miles southeast of South Bend began selling jumbo jelly beans in conjunction with the Wakarusa Maple Syrup Festival 35 years ago. That first year, the store ordered 100 pounds and sold them all.

"When we first started selling jelly beans by the ton, people probably thought we had rocks in our head," store co-owner Deb McNally told The Truth of Elkhart for a Tuesday story.

I have been a humor columnist for the Wakarusa Tribune for nearly 10 years. In fact, I just wrote my 500th column last month for them. They gave me my start in humor column writing.

But for as long as I've been writing for them -- and even though I only live 30 minutes away from them -- I have never ever been to the Maple Syrup festival.

But trust me, they'll go through every one of those jelly beans.

Erik Deckers

--------------------
[color=blue][b]Erik Deckers
Visit my weekly humor blog
Laughing Stalk[COLOR=blue]
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]