> So What Do You All Do..., ...when you have the blues
dundee 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

male

what do ya'll do when you get the blues so deep inside ya cant shake it?
you know the nothing is wrong but everything is wrong... cause i got it and i cant shake it.... huh.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Pray, surround myself with positive music and events, go and do whatever changes you mood. If you are not religious maybe a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4CG18FPCj0

or if you are:
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?view...63418003b47d7d5

but most of all don't let the buggers get you down!
Hope it helps

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Dundee!

I agree with Robert- positive things are a must. I like to think of the positive things in my life instead of the negative. I also find it a must do get exercise and really important is sunshine. Keep myself busy as possible.

Upbeat music always helps my mood. Get up and dance around...spin around in your desk chair..."make sure it secure though as I have crashed a couple of times" and know we've all been there one time or another and I want you to know I do care!

I also have a "Gods" box. I have an empty wooden box and when I have troubles I open it and put it in there and know the higher power will deal with it. And it relieves me. Kind of nuts but it works for me.

You let us know how things are going. Please...

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

If I find myself just kind of wandering through my days with no real direction, kind of in a daze almost, it's often because I'm low on creativity. I'm literally boring myself into a stupor. So, I'll go to the bookstore coffee shop and get a few magazines, a cup of some expensive fancy coffee, and sit in one of the comfy chairs. Then, I'll just listen to the conversations around me. I'll sometimes pick a comment that was said and write it down. Then I'll make up a story that goes with it. I find that sometimes I can snap out of my funk when my creative juices start flowing.

A couple of weeks ago, I did just that. And I overheard a lady tell one of the kids who worked in the cafe that she liked this particular travel mug but she thought it was too big to fit in her car. I wrote that down and just started laughing - I mean, how BIG would a mug have to be to not be able to fit in a car! It must have been HUGE!!! I told my daughter and she drew a picture of it for me. If nothing else, at least it got me laughing. tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 25-Jan-2008, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

dundee, I hope you shake those blues off as fast as you can before they get you down so low you feel like you don't want to get up. Sometimes a good old fashion talk to yourself is the best thing to get you out of those blues. You know the blessings of life...family, friends, roof over your head, food on the table, a table to eat on..sometimes I have to talk myself out of the blues with all the good things I am blessed with.
Get your music out and play!!! note.gif note.gif note.gif
BTW...the older I get the bossier I is!!! angel_not.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 25-Jan-2008, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Dundee, you're not alone. I'm feeling worthless and dejected right now myself. Wombat's post about the mug helped for a moment though.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Jan-2008, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Aaediwen I hope things are going better for you today. You also dundee....

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 27-Jan-2008, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Some time with friends and a 7N gig helped smile.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Jan-2008, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Wonderful!!! thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 27-Jan-2008, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

I want to see wombat's big mug. Do you think you can post your daughter's picture for us to see? I get down quite a bit and frustrated because there is so much I can't do. Sometimes family and children are not much help. I try to listen to good music, read a good book or find the rainbow in the day. We have rainbow catchers thoughout the house so some where we always have a rainbow. I like Robert's first movie. Hold fast to your dreams. Where there is Hope and dreams anything is possible.
Jean-Thomas taught me seek always for the beauty and the light. Even in the ugliest or darkest place there is always a bit of wonderful light or something beautiful for those who take the time to seek it. He once showed me the most beautiful tiny flower growing out of a garbage dump. Seek light and beauty in all places. Listen to Heaven's music. Hold fast always to your dreams. For with hope and dreams and love anything is possible.
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 28-Jan-2008, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
37,342 Gold!

Dundee and Aaediwen..I wish I could help you...when I'm done in the dumps, I usually listen to music. Usually one of my friends CDs. I know them and just hearing their voices most of the time cheers me up because I start thinking about all the good times we've had. Everyone is different...just think of something that used to put a smile on your face and go do it.
Nara 
  Posted: 28-Jan-2008, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

sorry y'all are feeling a bit blue. i agree with the others that great music and a good book helps. also, try some sort of needlepoint or crochet. sounds dorky, but it takes my mind off of things. one thing that helps me the most is making a list of all the good things i have in my life, all my blessings. when i can see all of them down on paper it makes whatever is bothering me a bit smaller and more manageable. hope you find something that helps and that you feel better soon.
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 04-Feb-2008, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

so lets just add to it all....

i wrapped my truck around a telephone poll friday... cry.gif
i love that truck!!!
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Feb-2008, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

OH...no dundee!!! Enough is enough huh? You weren't hurt were you? It's gotta get better for you. Hope you had insurance.

Big ((((HUGS)))) out to you and all of you feeling down...

Hey, it's almost spring!!!!!

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 04-Feb-2008, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

It really is closer to spring every day, once Groundhog Day comes.

Hate to sound like an alarmist -- but sometimes when you get "the blues" and you don't know why, and you can't shake it, it's depression. They call it the common cold of the mind . . . It doesn't hurt to get checked out with your family doctor, because, although it will pass eventually, it could linger around for weeks or months and it tends to drag down physical health and even disease resistance. It can also be a secondary symptom of something else, which is another reason it's worth getting checked out. It tends to be men more than women who just bear it in silence. Exercise, sunlight, being around children and animals, and a change to a lighter diet with a lot of fruits and veggies are simple "home cures." (Unfortunately alcohol, comforting as it may seem in the short run, makes it worse biochemically.)

I guess I don't have to say good celtic music is also excellent. smile.gif

Hope you're OK after the accident, and it's possible to put the truck you love in order again too.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]