> Introduction, Why interested in Celtic music
RoyceBallew 
Posted: 02-Sep-2006, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

male

I first became attracted to Celtic music when living in North Carolina and Fiona Riche was at the University of Nc at Charlotte (UNCC). She started a progam called "Thistle and Shamrock" over UNCC's classical music FM station. Sadly when I moved to Tyler, TX, I couldn't get Fiona's program. unsure.gif

Contacted the manager of Kilgore College's classical music station and asked them to pick up "Thistle and Shamrock." They said it was too expensive. I then Googled for Celtoc Music and found www.celticradio.com. rolleyes.gif

My musical background is interest in religious and classical music. Haven't enjoyed American pop music for about 30 years. However, I like Celtic and Israeli pop music. Don't understand Gaelic nor Hebrew, but like the tunes. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster               
LadyJeanetta 
Posted: 02-Sep-2006, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Vernon Hills, IL, USA

female

Hello and welcome Royce! biggrin.gif

I'm in Illinois, and it's hard to hear Celtic music around here too (except during festival season, of course)

CelticRadio's been a haven for me. And of course the people around here are so nice and friendly!

Hope you enjoy yourself here smile.gif

--------------------
~~Jenny~~

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea is asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace; we've got work to do!"--Doctor Who, "Survival"
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 02-Sep-2006, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hi there, Royce, from the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona! Glad you found this place. I am sure you will enjoy the music and all the good folks that inhabit the forums here. Make yourself at home.

Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
dfilpus 
Posted: 03-Sep-2006, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Chapel Hill NC

male

QUOTE (RoyceBallew @ 02-Sep-2006, 06:53 PM)
I first became attracted to Celtic music when living in North Carolina and Fiona Riche was at the University of Nc at Charlotte (UNCC).  She started a progam called "Thistle and Shamrock" over UNCC's classical music FM station.  Sadly when I moved to Tyler, TX, I couldn't get Fiona's program.  unsure.gif

Contacted the manager of Kilgore College's classical music station and asked them to pick up "Thistle and Shamrock."  They said it was too expensive.

Fiona now has moved permanently to Scotland and produces "Thistle and Shamrock" from there. On WUNC (PBS) radio fundraisers, sometimes they offer a chance to win a trip to Scotland to have tea with Fiona. That would be a marvelous experience.

--------------------
Näkemiin

Dave (SCA: Geoffrey Genour of Carney)
Protector of Bits and Bytes, Third cousin once removed to Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light

user posted image

Help out with the site! Win prizes!
Suggest videos at VideoCelt.com

Check out the outstanding video - Merchant Marine by Celtae
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
parkers1 

I'm away until 12/31/2014
  Posted: 03-Sep-2006, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacReed

Realm: Down Texas way - Round Rock, Tx

male

Aye tis a finebunch of folks and foletes......Welcome aboard mate

--------------------
Al down Texas way
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]