Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
240,834 Gold!

We are going to try something new and different for our Highlander Radio broadcast for the next few weeks.

All regularly scheduled shows and programs have been canceled and we will be playing non-stop Celtic music from a brand new weighted rotational script that takes into consideration song rating and weighting by our listeners!

Best of all, requests have now been opened up all day for ALL members! And we are increasing the daily maximum requests for all members to 25 songs per day. Request a song now!

So let the requests begin and give a listen to this new format for the next few weeks. Let us know what you think in this thread!

Listen to Highlander Radio now! thumbs_up.gif walkman.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
dundee 
Posted: 07-Sep-2007, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

male

yaaaahhoooo

cant tell how many times i have requested and when my songs were coming up the program changed and i didnt get to hear them.... very good news thanks...... thumbs_up.gif beer_mug.gif note.gif

ps off to make some requests now...........................

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyJeanetta 
Posted: 07-Sep-2007, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Vernon Hills, IL, USA

female

I've been listening for a few hours now and am really enjoying the variety of requests! I love hearing what other Celtic music listeners like (and, of course, it's great being able to request music whenever I desire).

Thanks!

--------------------
~~Jenny~~

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea is asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace; we've got work to do!"--Doctor Who, "Survival"
PMEmail Poster               
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 07-Sep-2007, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Cincinnati, OHIO

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
214,426 Gold!

Must say I like the new schedule. Thanks for the addtitional request options.

--------------------
GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Sep-2007, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
240,834 Gold!

Thanks for your comments. Please keep posting them so we can decide if we should make permanent changes to Highlander Radio. We will keep an eye on our listeners numbers and see if there is any change in the patterns.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
PiperJR 
Posted: 11-Sep-2007, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Kudos on the new schedule. I welcome the changes.
PMEmail Poster               
aorr 
Posted: 13-Sep-2007, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Chicago, IL

male

I love this idea for a few weeks. Especially since I have limited hours of listening and sometimes hearing the same program each day at that hour isn't quite exactly what I'm hoping to hear.

Maybe if you can have a combination of both after this few weeks of a trial period. Fewer specific programs and more of the request/weighted rating songs.

I love the rating system for songs, too. It's great to be able to have an influence on the music being played!

Thanks for the change. :-)

-Andy
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View My Space Profile.
stevedixon 
  Posted: 13-Sep-2007, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Marysville, Washington

male

The problem with the new schedule I'm finding is that listening from 2:00-10:30 pm on the west coast (Seattle, WA) the requests are always disabled now when I check them. sad.gif

--------------------
Steve Dixon
aka Amergin the Bard
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
djam1023 
Posted: 14-Sep-2007, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Pacific Northwest -- but out in the Desert Sun

male

O.K. -- so I like the new format -- almost. Ever since I was a wee lad, I have loved the bagpipes (even tried to learn to play them, but that is another story). I loved the Bagpipe Hour, and the 7:00 - 8:00 am West Coast time was a perfect way to start my day music.gif on Mon-Wed-Fri (in fact my Outlook reminder just went off). I can always request bagpipe tunes, but who knows when they will make it into the mix -- probably when I am off in a meeting (sigh).

Bring back the Bagpipe Hour!!! thumbs_up.gif

Royal05.gif tomcat.gif Royal05.gif

--------------------
Slàinte, sonas agus beartas!
DJAM
PMEmail Poster               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 14-Sep-2007, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

The new schedule is nice and we love the music. But please leave story time alone. Me and the wee'uns love story time and try to listen every night just before they go off to bed.
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
aorr 
Posted: 14-Sep-2007, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Chicago, IL

male

I concur with the Bagpipe hours. :-) That's a major hit for me, too. :-)

-Andy
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View My Space Profile.
TMcAdams 
Posted: 14-Sep-2007, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: California native, now living in Strathroy, Ontario

male

Bring back the bagpipe hour! I don't care for the new schedule thumbs_down.gif sad.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Royal is my Race
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 15-Sep-2007, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
240,834 Gold!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on our schedule for the past week. We definitely saw some increased listenership and everyone loved the ability to make requests all the time.

At the same time, we have also heard that many people missed some of the specialty programs including bagpipes and childrens time.

So, we have brought back the regular schedule only with some adjustments to maximize request time. I think everyone will be happy with the expanded times for requests. Listen for Rebecca to announce when requests are enabled or disabled. We have also limited our feature music, artists, new music and celtic gold programs to allow more request time.

The Bagpipe hours will remain the same so you can now tune in at the same time as before. That goes for Childrens Story too and we have added a special 7:00 AM EST Story time for Children for more Wee'uns! smile.gif

Again thanks for everyone's feedback! Oh and by the way, look for a new channel coming up focused on Appalachian Celtic Music!
stevenpd 
Posted: 15-Sep-2007, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 15-Sep-2007, 06:04 AM)
The Bagpipe hours will remain the same so you can now tune in at the same time as before. That goes for Childrens Story too and we have added a special 7:00 AM EST Story time for Children for more Wee'uns! smile.gif

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 15-Sep-2007, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Great stuff, Paul! The only other show I miss is No Celtic Boundaries. I think Charles and Gemma do a good job. I won't be brokenhearted if it doesn't come back, but if there was a place for it, that would be nice.

Looking forward to the Appalachian channel! Don't think anyone who likes the Michigan Wolverines will be listening, though wink.gif .

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]