Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Favored Deities, Who are you drawn to?
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Ah and a good two cents it was, but would you care to address the issue I brought up... "if they do but if they think it proper to do so then I would like them to invite more Pagan posts in the Christian sites and in fact I would love to see them support the right of the Pagans to post in their boards." I have posted on other boards questions and comments to Christians and been attacked for doing so. To me that is a double standard. I did not try to convert them but you may be assured they tried to force their faith on me. I have no problem with Christians posting but do wonder what it is in your faith that makes you come here instead of being among your own kind. There are Christian Boards here and I feel they should welcome one of your obvious intelllectual and spiritual in sites!

May the Blessings of the Yule Season be yours and your families. And may you have peace throughout the coming year!

So mote it be!

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
Nightchild 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

female

I think it important to not think of Christians as 'Christians' but as different people of Christian belief.
I do tend myself to talk about 'the Christians' at times.
Yet especially when talking about those coming into the grove and those chatting in the church corner of this board, I think you have to make differences.
Why?
Because I do think that those coming here and talking mostly are not those trying to force their belief on you when you enter their part of the Board. I can't prove this or anything, but I did meet many people online and offline and among those where christians who tried to convince me that their belief is the one and only and christians who were great to talk, to discuss and to argue with and who gave me many things to think about as well as vice versa.
On the other hand I've also met many pagans who tried to force their special kind of pagan belief on others.
That's what people are like, that's life. And we've gotto learn to live with that.

Still I'd say, let those post here, who want to talk, to discuss and to give and be given things to think about and to learn from. We don't have to have the same opinion on the topic, but we have to have the same opinion on how to discuss with each other.

And for the actual topic:
I'd say at the moment two of my favourite deities are Cerridwen and Hekate. But that does change a lot, I guess...

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster                
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Nightchild @ 13-Dec-2007, 10:35 AM)

And for the actual topic:
I'd say at the moment two of my favourite deities are Cerridwen and Hekate. But that does change a lot, I guess...

That was a wise and lovely-tempered reply, Nightchild. And thanks for bringing this back on point, too.

At this season, the Mother in any and all her faces, including Mary, pregnant with the light that will soon begin rising again. That image of waning and returning light is lying so deep in the human imagination that it recurs across centuries and across so many cultures: we will survive, everything is not lost in the dark. We could find ourselves together in it, if we tried, no matter what deity we feel called to acknowledge.
PMEmail Poster               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

In the book '"The Idiot's Guide to Celtic Wisdom" It has a Chapter about those that profess Christianity yet blend it with Pagan beliefs and practices, it refers to them as Christopagans. I guess that is what we have here so I am no longer at odds with the things they say as they have blended Christianity as it was in the first century and Paganism into their own religion, which in essence is the same as the modern Druids who have had to start at the ground up and become Druid Reconstructionist. My apologies to the Christopagans for not seeing what you are in truth and thinking you to be less than what you are. Blessed Be!
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Druid_of_Ark @ 13-Dec-2007, 12:51 PM)
In the book '"The Idiot's Guide to Celtic Wisdom" It has a Chapter about those that profess Christianity yet blend it with Pagan beliefs and practices, it refers to them as Christopagans. I guess that is what we have here so I am no longer at odds with the things they say as they have blended Christianity as it was in the first century and Paganism into their own religion, which in essence is the same as the modern Druids who have had to start at the ground up and become Druid Reconstructionist. My apologies to the Christopagans for not seeing what you are in truth and thinking you to be less than what you are. Blessed Be!

I'm not sure I respond to the category you seem to be placing me in, but I guess I'm happy if you're happy. smile.gif I'd be even happier if we could come around to Nightchild's strategy of skipping the categorizing and relating as individuals. No amount of categories can ever cover the extent of variation in this area, and it's inherently divisive to try.

Your discussion is going on in another thread ("First the Epicopalians," I believe) -- this thread has its own purpose. Please, let's sort the issues and post comments where they belong now.
PMEmail Poster               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

I was not placing you in a category, I was speaking in generality, sorry for the confusion! Blessed Be!
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

"The Grove" is here for anyone to share their thoughts on spirituality without worrying about labels and the pressure of being preached at!

That is the way I set this up and that is the way it will be.

Try to remember that in your postings here.

Thanks
Shadows

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.[SIZE=14][COLOR=blue] Truer words were never penned! Religion is not the key Spirituality is!
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (Druid_of_Ark @ 12-Dec-2007, 08:05 AM)
Ah and a good two cents it was, but would you care to address the issue I brought up... "if they do but if they think it proper to do so then I would like them to invite more Pagan posts in the Christian sites and in fact I would love to see them support the right of the Pagans to post in their boards." I have posted on other boards questions and comments to Christians and been attacked for doing so. To me that is a double standard. I did not try to convert them but you may be assured they tried to force their faith on me. I have no problem with Christians posting but do wonder what it is in your faith that makes you come here instead of being among your own kind. There are Christian Boards here and I feel they should welcome one of your obvious intelllectual and spiritual in sites!

May the Blessings of the Yule Season be yours and your families. And may you have peace throughout the coming year!

So mote it be!

This discussion is for another thread, not this one.

Blessings to you and your family. And may you have peace throughout the coming year!

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

You know I’ve been trying to sort out this discussion/polite argument, (an oxymoron maybe) and I have come to the conclusion that every thing, and everyone, is subject to being either categorized or labeled, (to one degree or another, or generally speaking) which would also includes Deities, as far as I concerned.

Anyway, to get back to the subject, I think Mother Nature is the man!

PS: Sorry if I sound like I’m preaching. Hey here’s an idea, maybe we should all take a vow of silence.

Be nice now,
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 11:31 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

male

Well put John/ Blessings to you and yours for Alban Artran
PMEmail Poster               
Sìmeag 
Posted: 27-Feb-2009, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Sassan

female

I favour the deities of the celtic/brythonic pantheon. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Tha mi'n dochas gu bheil an eadar theangachadh ceart!
PMEmail Poster               
marthien 
Posted: 28-Feb-2009, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

male

Kuan Yin is one who I am drawn too, because this deity gives me blessings in both male and female aspects of life! During the day I pray to the male form of Kuan Yin and at night it's the female form... Kuan Yin is both male and female in the Chinese Mythology.
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 28-Feb-2009, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

In my youth Dionysos now in later life Priapos. angel_not.gif naughty.gif w00t2.gif

Camac

WizardofOwls 
Posted: 20-Feb-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I follow Cernunnos

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]