ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
3,367,177 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

Has any one else tried the Guinness 250? I find it pretty tasty and will be sad when it's gone. It's only suppose to be around for a total of 6 months.
user posted image

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
gcw57 
  Posted: 06-Jul-2009, 05:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

Dang, I better find me a few of them then! tongue.gif

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
togo 
Posted: 19-Jul-2009, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Massachusetts

male

I've had it and I think it's outstanding. I think anyone who may not like a regular Guinness, may like these.
Here's a little blurb:

"Guinness is a company that relies on tradition. That's only to be expected from a brewer that is only 250 years into a 9,000-year-lease of its flagship brewery at St. James's Gate in Dublin.

However, in honor of that 250 years, the maker of the world's top-selling stout has come up with a new stout beer for the U.S. market, a maltier, fizzier version of its older, creamier beer that also has 5% alcohol compared to the 4.2% level in Guinness Draught.

"This is more about refreshment and zing," said Fergal Murray, the Guinness master brewer who created the new carbonated brew.

The limited-edition Guinness 250 Anniversary Stout is scheduled to be available in U.S. bars and selected stores on Friday, April 24, the first new stout Guinness has exported to the U.S. since it began selling Guinness Draught here in the mid 1960s."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 19-Jul-2009, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

I have never been able to develop a taste for beer. I wish that I could because that is so much less expensive than the Kahlua that I do drink. I have heard that there are fruit beers out there. Has anyone tried them? What do you think of them?

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Perkeo 
  Posted: 20-Jul-2009, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
3,367,177 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

If you don't like beer/ales then you probably won't really like the fruity ones either. But if you are inclined to try them there are a large variety of them. Most are seasonal like the Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Cranberry Lambic.

Here is a link that might help you: Beer Advocate
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 21-Jul-2009, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

Thank, I will check that out. I am usually willing to try many things. I just try keep the alcohol consumption to when I am at home. I have seen too much happen when people try to drive with just one or two drinks....YUCK!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Patriot1776 
Posted: 20-Oct-2009, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

Just finished having myself a Budweiser Select, and now having an O'Doul's before bed. Don't cane me for drinking such commercial stuff! I'm a beginning drinker and intend to stay a light drinker. As such, the big commercial lagers are what I'm getting used to.

A few weeks ago I did get myself nice and tipsy for the first time. It was Family Weekend at App. St. and dad and I had driven up to Boone for the game to watch with bro and his roommate. It sadly down-poured all day and we left before halftime. We later went to the Sagebrush Steakhouse and besides my food, I ordered two HUGE mugs of original Budweiser. I was really feeling it after the first one, and after the second one, my sense of balance and coordination was really deteriorating, but not my eyesight thankfully. I did manage to make it to the car without falling over. A little bit later than that, while still feeling it a lot, I was in brother's Jeep and he put on some music that I tried to sing to, but brother stopped me saying I now sounded like garbage trying to sing while under the influence. I of course did not drive ANY the rest of the day.

EDIT - After doing some checking, I figure I had around 50 oz. of beer that night. Still light I know to probably more than a few on here, but as heavy as I think I'll probably go in one sitting.

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]