Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,971 Gold!

This past weekend I was exchanging emails with a member of Clan An Drumma. Apparently a lot of people on the web are hearing about Clan An Drumma through the Highlander Radio website. Because of this they are going to send us their ?Tried & True? album for the broadcast and also their new album that will be released in February. He didn?t tell us too much about the album, so we will be looking forward to it! Also, some news about the group: Their website has been down now for almost 2 months. Not sure of the details why, but it seems their agent in the U.S. (who ran the website) is no longer their agent. Not sure if you all saw the website before it went down, but it had a strange message that all CD orders to the agent for Clan An Drumma would be refunded. Not sure what is up with that. But in any event, their website will be up in running in a few weeks, so we will be looking forward to their new site!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 13-Jan-2003, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

That is great news. With no agent in US, does that mean they won't be back to Michigan?
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Jan-2003, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,971 Gold!

Oh, I wouldn't think so. Well I can not speak for them, by all accounts it did not sound like they were not going on tour. We will know more when their new website is up, perhaps they might have a schedule posted then!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 14-Jan-2003, 05:50 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

I hope so! I missed them last year because of prire comitments. What could have been promised before Saline? I had been counting the days for months and months. Well the local fair chose that day for 4H 5 to 8 year old members, to be judged. Well that was all but one, of my clubs membership.  The club is called our gang, but we could just as easy call them the cousins, as they are cousins to 2 of the boys, but not to any of the others.
PMEmail Poster               
Tu-Bardh Wilson
  Posted: 24-Feb-2003, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Hello folks

YES!....we have our website up & running again....also our
Tribal Berserker Tour schedule will be up by next week!!!

Our CDs info etc is on the website!!!

www.clannandrumma.com

All the best for 2003 !!!!

PS...for Paul...be in touch soon Mate!...ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Health & Happiness
Slainte
 fae
Tu-Bardh for Clann An Drumma.............Keep It Tribal!

Cabbagehome 
Posted: 24-Feb-2003, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

OOOO!  Tu-Bardh for Clann An Drumma.............Keep It Tribal posted. I'm so excited; I'm getting all mushy inside.  OH, I love those guys.
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 11-Mar-2003, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

I do too.  They are coming to the Highland Games in GLasgow KY at the end of May and I will be there with belzon!

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 05-Jun-2004, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Éire (okay fine, it's really PA, USA but that's just boring.)

female

They played at the Faery faire here in May. Unfortunately, I was around the corner selling shirts while they played in a barn sorta beside. It was still cool to hear though, the green man was moshing, it was funny.

--------------------
If we could just stand here, without the words, would that be enough? ..Look at the sky now. What color is it? Or the way a hawk flies. Or you wake up and your ribs are bruised thinking so hard on somebody. What do you call that?

"Don't cross the street if you can't get out of the kitchen"
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Anybody love this band? Wow! I have been hearing them here and there on Highlander radio, but have recently been enjoying all their songs on their website and wow! I am in love! They are from Scotland and play a lot of traditional sound. Reminds me something like the ancient Picts of Scotland would have played. I love the mixture of the tribal drumming sound mixed with the pipes. Plus they have great voices too, although most of their songs are instrumentals. I would give anything to see this band LIVE, but they usually tour on the east coast of the states, you lucky dogs! tongue.gif If you like them too, what your favorite CD's or songs of theirs? I love "Tribal Eyes" CD and I love the song "Child of the Drum," but it sure would be difficult to choose as I love ALL their songs! Terrific musicians! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I saw them last year at the Culloden, GA games and I thought they were awesome
Rindy 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Of course I like Clann An Drumma! biggrin.gif Its about time someone brings them up again.. smile.gif note.gif Go with the Tribal Waves CD!!!

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Feb-2005, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Gwenlee! I know someone from this board who lives in GA and he saw them there too at the Culloden games last year! Wow! You two could have met each other! I hope he comes in here and finds this thread, in fact! Snuffy! Where are you? biggrin.gif

Rindy! I will probably end up buying all their CDs. I may get Tribal Eyes and Trival Waves to start off with though! Have you seen them LIVE?
HeathBarkley 
Posted: 21-Feb-2005, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

I've seen Clan An Drumma for the last two years at the games in Murfreesboro, TN.
The first year I bought "Keep it Tribal" and the second year I bought "Tribal Eyes". I love the energy and the rhythm. I just discovered Celtic Radio today and have had it playing all day. I look forward to hearing Clan An Drumma as a featured artist. I think they are coming up Wednesday.

Heath
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Feb-2005, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well welcome to CR, Heath! Good to have you here and glad to know another CAD fan. You have gotten to see them in the last two years? Then you have seen them when they had old and new members then. I bought Tribal Eyes and Tribal Waves CDs. I can't wait to get them. CAD is coming up as featured artist on Wednesday here?! ohmy.gif I didn't know that! I hope that is what you meant.

Have you seen their tour schedule yet? I am hoping they will come out to my area out west some time soon. They seem to hang out on the east side of the states. Gotta change that and I am working on it! wink.gif biggrin.gif
snuffy macsmiff 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 04:33 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: middle Georgia

male

Rose dear, you rang? Here ah be's...
Yer a-beginnin' ta sound just like a sheCAD fer sure (I warned ye, didn I?-LOL!) And if'n ye ever gets ta see 'em live-yer a goner! Just ask Gwen... you have got to get yer hiney over here and see 'em at least once(or twice!-LOL)

So Gwen, were you there by yerself or with someone else? Was that yer first CAD experience? I only wish I could have stayed for the jam session afterwards-I know I missed some great music-but I was so drained from the heat and all, ah wuz feelin' a bit prostrated-near 'bout heatstroked even. I've e-mailed the Culloden people to see if CAD'll be back this year-(I've even asked a CAD member too)-but gotten no response as of yet-(oh gawd please don' let it be so hot this year!!!) If they make it, I hope to see ya there!

Heath-from what I hear, all their albums are stunning. (is it possible to wear out CD's?) I've got Keep It Tribal, Tribal Eyes, and Tribal Waves(the live album). And I plan to aquire all the rest as soon as I make it to their very next gig...

Sweet Rindy is right-Tribal Waves, being a live show, is definitely one album to have. Have you seen 'em live? (love yer avatar too)

Sadly, Tu-bard and Davy have now left the group-it apparently happened shortly after Culloden. I tried to engage TB in conversation that day but he was in no mood. They shall both be missed-especially TB's oh-so-powerful visual presence. But from what I gather talkin' to their REALLY hard-core fans over on the forums at their website, the two new fellers(Aya and Kyle) have really taken up the slack. Or at least, they are very popular wid da lassies anyways...LOL!

As to this years shows, so far they have announced that they will be at Gatlinburg TN. May 20, 21, and 22. Glasgow KY on June 2, 3, 4, and 5. We're all hoping for them to make Loch Norman but it doesn't look like it'll happen. But, they will be at the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games July 7,8,9, and 10! woo-HOO!!!! From what I hear, this is THE SHOW and you best be there or be square... Other dates are pending-I would love to catch 'em at Murfreesboro too(if they make it). Seems their fame is growing by leaps and bounds-as well it should be.

I'm actually thinkin' of buyin' a tent and becoming a bona-fide CADhead-I wanna follow them around from show to show just like the Deadheads follow the Grateful Dead around. I only wish I could make a show or two in Scotland! I could die happy fer sure.

So anybody else wanna join me in this adventure?

--------------------
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite,
and furthermore always carry a small snake.
- W.C. Fields

In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man and brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. – Mark Twain

The state which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
- Thucydides
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]