CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all,

I am far from being an expert or a great photog in any way, but hoped that all you photo buffs and enthusiasts wouldn't mind sharing what sites you like best to help give us the best photos.

I did buy myself a monopod, which I love.

I also purchased a Lambency light diffuser which terrifically helps in low conditions.

Now to reduce photos to share online and others is a program called "Thumbnails."

Just google it and you should find it. If not, let me know. I use this exclusively and love it as it is so easy and quick.

Hope all the above helps and hope you all will share trade secrets as well.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 02-Jun-2008, 01:33 PM)
Hello all,

I am far from being an expert or a great photog in any way, but hoped that all you photo buffs and enthusiasts wouldn't mind sharing what sites you like best to help give us the best photos.

I did buy myself a monopod, which I love.

I also purchased a Lambency light diffuser which terrifically helps in low conditions.

Now to reduce photos to share online and others is a program called "Thumbnails."

Just google it and you should find it. If not, let me know. I use this exclusively and love it as it is so easy and quick.

Hope all the above helps and hope you all will share trade secrets as well.

Your pictures are better than most at our local photography club. When working outside I like to use a reflecting board but that requires an assistant and you loose the spontaneity of the shot. When by myself, I like to shoot in the shade and use a slightly under exposed fill flash. When that isn't possible I try to capitalize on natural light patterns. I have resisted digital though I do have a digital back for my Minolta 9 35mm. With a digital camera and a professional photoshop program nearly anyone can become an Ansel Adams. It takes some practice and a little training in composition and posing. In 1999 the local camera shop got a "photo" laser printer that utilized a new "photo" quality ink.

Photography was going to be my post retirement activity as I had worked at it part time for 30 years. I was busy having fun for a while after retirement and when I was just beginning to develop a clientele I had a stroke. I have had nearly a complete recovery but there are some minor residual problems with coordination and a delayed eye-hand reaction time. That means my people shots are mostly luck. I like to see good work and to watch people improve.

Good artists' are usually good photographers. They have an eye for posing and composition. Keep practicing and you will be famous one day!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Patch! Thanks so very much for your advice. I appreciate it greatly.

I also agree with a lot of what you said. With all these photo programs anyone could accomplish whatever they want. I know only a wee bit of photoshop and believe me it is not much. So all my photos are shots I take on a whim, not always very good but learning as I go along. I took photo classes in the 70s and we were to do everything and I still manage to live by that...right or wrong for most pro photogs. Course, I am not a pro photog, although I have been paid for a few projects. Some of my photog friends says that that makes me a pro....I don't think so. Just because I happened upon a good photo now and then does not make me a pro, the way I see. I am an amateur who is desperately trying to learn how to be a pro, just for my own self.

Patch! It must have been very difficult for you to share. Thanks so much. If you don't mind, I believe in prayer and healing. I will be praying for complete healing for you. Not that you asked.

Thanks so much for your photo tips. I look forward to more!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]