Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,656 Gold!

user posted image

There's a new scam going around that would terrify most people if it ever landed in their inbox. Please all members of Celtic Radio if you receive such an email then it is highly likely that this is the reason why. Read the article to find out more details:

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-email-s...-bitcoin-2018-7

The emails are slightly different depending on who's being attacked, but they all have a few similar features:
  • The subject line includes a password that you probably have used at some point.
  • The sender says they have used that password to hack your computer, install malware, and record video of you through your webcam.
  • They say they will reveal your adult-website habits and send video of you to your contacts unless you send them bitcoin, usually $1,200 or $1,600 worth.

In reality, they're taking a password from a database that's available online (not Celtic Radio), sending it to you, and hoping you're scared enough to believe their story and send them bitcoin.

Some scammers have even made over $50,000 from the blackmail scheme, based on an analysis of bitcoin wallets, Bleeping Computer reported.

So if you receive such an email, don't freak out. The best thing you can do is just change your passwords and identify the email as spam or junk.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]