LORD RHYS 
Posted: 01-Nov-2006, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: NEW PORT RICHEY FL

male

Been a long time and I miss it at times even though it ended my marriage at that time. Its was great fun at events and a good escape from the very mundane life. The Ex made great costumes she had a talent for that. As you can see I have used my SCA name here biggrin.gif I was ( am ) in the Kingdom of Trimaris all this was 20 plus years ago sad.gif . I would join again if I could interest my current wife in it and had more disposable funds tongue.gif Still might look inti it

--------------------
"True conformity to the dictates of nature requires reverence for the past and solicitude for the future. 'Nature' is not simply the sensation of the passing moment; it is eternal, though we evanescent men experience only a fragment of it. We have no right to imperil the happiness of posterity by impudently tinkering with the heritage of humanity."

"Every right is married to a duty, every freedom owns a corresponding responsibility. There cannot be genuine freedom unless there exists also genuine order in the moral realm and in the social realm."
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 01-Nov-2006, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

The SCA tends to do things like that. I've seen tons of relationships/marriages spring from the SCA, but *only* if both of the pair are into it. Then again I've seen it blow relationships wide open, particularly when they let society politics get in the middle of the marriage (which personally I think is silly, but...).

...excuse me a moment. My son's head is wedged under my chair and he'd like to be freed.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
LORD RHYS 
Posted: 02-Nov-2006, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: NEW PORT RICHEY FL

male

It was none of those.. SCA can be pretty free shall we say and I fell prey to some of that because she was busy in many areas I was left to my own devices and I saw that happen to others. I just enjoyed going having fun relaxing she was out to prove herself to herself and others a bit more driven than I.. TOO much free time led to bad choices and well it ended. She as I said is VERY talented at making garb VERY...In the end we where two different people she is happy out in the West Kingdom and I here.. Now enough of that what it like being so near Pennsics biggrin.gif I never made it but she and her boyfriend and my son did some years back he loved it , When I get back in wink.gif It will be a goal to get there and if we move to Cuba NY we will be closer biggrin.gif Will write more latter I am at work tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Tracee 
  Posted: 06-Nov-2006, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

female

My DH and are family are members of the sca for 7 years now and have seen many split ups though the years. And its very strange that in the 7 years we have seen some odd things.
Hubby and i are very together into it we support each other. He fences and throws wepons and i am a supportive wife and go watch and cheer him on! I enjoy watching him fence.
LOL its sexy and romantic!
I hope u can get back into it!
Were not as active as we would like to we try to go to are shire's events.
Were shire of Heronter!
upper new york state and northwestren pa and WV Kingdom of (spell wrong i know) Althelmarc!
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 15-Nov-2006, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello neighbor!

I'm in Aethelmearc as well, in the (newly made) Shire of Gryffyn's Keep. Have you been to many events lately?
LadyDeirdre 
Posted: 18-Dec-2006, 12:01 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Barony of Vatavia, Calontir

female

Greetings...

My husband and I met several years ago, in the SCA, right after I moved to Calontir. We finally got together a couple of years ago, and married last May. (an antebellum wedding - everyone was completely baffled over my choice!)
I've seen several 'mixed marriages' break up because one of the couple is in the SCA and the other is not. And I've seen good people lost to us, because the spouse is not into it at all. I can't see ever leaving the SCA for any reason - course I haven't dated outside the SCA since I joined in 1990. Standards, eh...

Good luck finding your way back!

LadyDeirdre tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Dec-2006, 12:39 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I have an SCA outfit at this time, but hoping to get a new one before our Renn fest starts the first of February. I don't pariculary like the outfit I have right now.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 28-Dec-2006, 12:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

LOL I keep forgetting you're out in the desert, Rose...I was like "huh? Faire in February?!" Then remembered where you lived. Must be nice, I have to wait till at least April here. wink.gif

CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Dec-2006, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I bet you have some nice ones out there, Sekhmet!

It can be a wee bit chilly for us here in February, at least what we call chilly! LOL But when you wear all those medieval clothes, it doesn't matter anymore! Well, I guess it depends what style of Renn fest clothing you wear. wink.gif
Blake ODwyer 
Posted: 30-Jul-2007, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

Realm: Califia, Caid

male

I personally love it. I've been involved in SCA for a few years now. I started out learning rapier. Now I'm learning combat archery on the heavies field. I dont even need to fight to have a good time. The night life is always something to see. Or just stroll'n through merchants row. The people you meet, the times you have... they cant be beat. tongue.gif

P.S. Blake O'Dwyer is also my SCA name. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Aug-2007, 02:47 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Blake! Hope you don't mind me using a shortcut to your name. I just have to say that I have not found more wonderful folks than fellow re-enactors. We all have the same goal, but all seem to be just great folks!
Sekhmet 
Posted: 07-Sep-2007, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

:blink.gif: Um...well...is there a reason why you can't join?
Sekhmet 
Posted: 07-Sep-2007, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey, Blake! Good to see you around...

I'm a combat archer too...in fact my master is the former Society officer (until last fall) for archery. My house brother is Aethelmearc's Archer General...I'm just the gimpy little sister. tongue.gif
rowanmcphist 
Posted: 03-Oct-2007, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

Hello all,
I was A fellow SCAdian at one time,I was A card carring member for about 2 yrs,
then moved to living history doing live steel.Now I am completely out,at least for now.I have met some good people through SCA as well as some bad.I am in the kingdom of Merides.I just enjoyed going and watching everything.And the parties.
I would say that I learned A few things,all in all.If I get back into the SCA I will be on my own,no more households for me.
I am using my SCA name of Rowan McPhierce beer_mug.gif cheers.gif

--------------------
Love and light,
Rowan
[CENTER][/CENTER]
Sekhmet 
Posted: 03-Oct-2007, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Welcome Rowan! I keep threatening to go to events down in Meridies, they seem to be a really cool bunch.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]