flora 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Since Valentines Day is just around the corner and it is my 34th anniversary I was thinking of the day I met my husband. The French have a term - un coupe de foudre - a shock or blow - for falling in love. That was the way for me. I just knew. Did you know when you met your love? Or did it evolve? For those who have had more then one love, is it different?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

flors;

Please do not think I am boasting for nothing could be further from the truth, but I have loved many time (married once) after my Heart was broken for the 3rd time I got vaccinated against love but alas it does not work. I was convinced each time that this was it. I had found her that was to be mine forever. Not so for the Heart is a fickle beast and thinks only of the moment. Each time I fell was as though it was the first and I would not change a thing were I to start over. As I have often said to others "The Gods created no other Creature as Beautiful, Tantalizing, and Mysterious as Woman". The old adage is oh so true "Tis better to have Loved and lost. Than to have never Loved at all." L'amour,l'amour, tu jour L'Amour

Camac.

PS; If you wish see my poem "Loves of MY Life" love.gif

flora 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Camac, how old were you each time? I met my husband when I was 15. I had my first "love crush" just a year earlier. How it was so different!!

My daughter has had several relationships but nothing that has lasted. I remember when I first got married, I had a friend that was getting a divorce after 10 years of marriage. I thought "after 10 years" how can you not still be in love. I know - how little did I know.

Is your poem in the forum?

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

flora;

I was but 14 when I discovered the glorious ecstacy and heart wrenching agony of first love. My Dad tried to warn me but what young may in the throes of raging hormones listens to anyone. So he washed his hands of it and said "go ahead learn the hard way" My Mom on the other hand worried and fretted in the background and as all mother was there when my world came to a crashing end. Two weeks after that it started all over again and my Dad just laughed, Mom prayed a lot in those days damn near wore her Rosary out. The poem I think is on page 2 or 3 of Celtic Hearts.

Camac.

valpal59 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Flora,
I met my hubby 30 years ago on New Years Eve. I heard him laugh before I ever seen him and just had to meet the guy that belonged to the laugh. For me it was "love at first sight", but I also had to be determined. When I introduced myself he told me to go away because I was too young. Had to show him my drivers license to prove that I was 19. We have been together ever since. Later we found out that his mom and my dad had been trying to get us to go out with each other on a blind date but we had both said no. We will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in April.
We renewed our wedding vows 5 years ago on our 25th anniversary in Las Vegas.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
marti64 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

I have been blessed with true love twice in my life. Many of you know that I lost my first TRUE LOVE 3 and a half years ago.....
I met Dan in a bowling allwy of all places.....and yes, it was love at first sight!! wub.gif We were together 17 years and married for almost 7.
He was the love of my life, and I thought it was forever.....
Well. That is the first....and now the second.......I ment DEwayne on line in September.....we talked for 45 minutes in an IM chat room, and then met the same night............I am now in the process of moving 30 miles away from my current job and my family.........
After several failed relationships, since I chose NOT TO BE ALONE and a lonely widow at 42, I have found love the second time around!!!!!!! inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif inlove.gif
Marti

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
flora 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Camac, I did go and read your poem. Excellent! I do so admire someone that is not afraid of living.

Valpal, aren't you glad you were determined? Just what was it about the laugh? Do you think it was fate?

Marti, I am so glad you have found happiness. What was the connection that you could feel even from the chatroom?

So here's the next question. Do you think it is harder to find that special someone now then say 30 years ago? If so, what has changed?

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Flora,
Yes, I am glad that I was determined. As far as the laugh, I am not sure what it was but the instant I heard it my head snapped up. Yes I do think it was fate. Our parents had tried to get us together and we met without knowing it.

Marti,
I am really happy for you. I wish you the best.

Val
Camac
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Valpal59;

Remember L'amour, L,amour toujours L'amour. As to me, being 66, short, overweight, bald, and not so goodlooking any more I am out of the market. Now I seek quiet companionship but my memories will linger on. The intense passions I once felt are but a doused campfire now, of course there is still the odd spark but to be honest I seems that my get up and go, got up and went but there is still hope always there is hope.

Camac.

valpal59 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Camac,
You are a fine looking gentleman. (LOA's photo) Never give up hope.
Hubby and I are at the point in our lives where we are going through the changes in life that are not very nice, but we are hanging in there. Sometimes if I were him, I would jet me. tongue.gif

Val
flora 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I was reading your replies and this was on the gaelic translation blurp:
Is fhearr caitheamh na meirgeadh.
Better wear out than rust out. I thought - what timing! tongue.gif

Real beauty and attraction is inner self not outer exterior.

I should have express my thoughts better though because I was really thinking about the youth of today. Do you think they have a harder time finding real love?

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

flora

There is always WD40 to take care of rust. As to the youth of to-day, it is my personal and humble opinion that they haven't got a clue as to what real love is. There is to much flash and glitter surrounding it now-a-days.

Camac.

valpal59 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Flora,
Hubby & I never had children, but some of the nieces and nephews,their kids, and our friends kids do not have a clue.

Val
flora 
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I wonder if they will ever make an unscented WD40 like they did Balm BenGay? There is always masking tape but that might be getting a little kinky.

I guess you could call me a romantic. I wonder why I was so fortunate to meet my soulmate and others do not. Or do you think they might and do not act upon it?

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 24-Jan-2009, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Flora;

I thought I had found my soulmate when I married. I have always admired intelligent women and that was the first thing that struck me about my ex.
She started her working career as a Pedeatric O.R. Nurse, but had to give it up as it just wore her down, she then went back to University and got a degree in Accounting and became a Certified General Accountant. Along comes me a highschool dropout who eventually graduated and went to University for 2 1/2 years and dropped out from sheer boredom. It is true opposites attract she was the logical, mathematical, ambitious one and I was the romantic iconoclast who wanted to try anything and everything. Eventually the differences wore us both out and we drifted apart and the marriage ended. We are still friends and on fairly good terms. I take her to dinner on her Birthday and also on our Anniversary. One thing though she still has difficulty with is that I am not nor never was ambitious.
Must be a character flaw. Don't really care if I get ahead and I sure as H... don't care about money, never have. If I have it great if I don't well thats OK. As long as I have a roof over my head clothes on my back, food in my stomach and my bills are paid I'm as happy as a pig in a puddle.

Camac.

PS' and my books to read and pen and paper to write.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt