Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Irish Gaelic Translation/Pronunciation/Fonts, Online resources for all of the above!
Caitrin 
  Posted: 25-Dec-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

I am assuming that if you're here, you either love being Celtic, or you love all things Celtic. (Seems like a safe assumption. biggrin.gif ) When I was looking to translate a quote for a tattoo I found this site Irish Gaelic Translation Forum The people have varying ranges of fluency, but they will check any translation you've gotten, or simply straight up translate something for you. It is only Irish Gaelic as far as I can tell, but they might be able to tell you where to find a Scots Gaelic translation site! If you have a quote or saying, and are wondering how to pronounce it you can go here and the site will actually read it out loud to you. (It does do it with an Ulster accent, if that matters to you.) Irish Reader
And, finally, if you would like to see how your Irish Gaelic quote would look in Gaelic script you can go here Irish Gaelic Script Writer and choose Bunchlo GC or Bunchlo Arsa GC to render it. (The site honestly only works spottily, on the Irish Gaelic Translation Forum there are links to downloading Gaelic fonts to use on your computer. Enjoy!
(I am not in any way commercially associated with any of these sites, I'm just another Celtophile who has been hunting down resources to design a very special tattoo.)

--------------------
Go n-ithe an cat thú, agus go n-ithe an diabhal an cat
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]