Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Oklahoma State Trooper Out Of Line, This is un believable!
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 23-Jun-2009, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

Look at the video if you havn't seen it and I like to hear what everyone thinks.

Should this trooper go unpunished? unsure.gif I say he should be fired! I'm posting this in as many places as I can so I can make as many aware as possible.

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkGs9EhDBSg

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
SCShamrock 
Posted: 23-Jun-2009, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Perhaps we are being groomed for Obama's Civilian National Security Force. Or maybe it is the cops who are being groomed. Hmmmmmm.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 23-Jun-2009, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

The guy should be the poster CHILD for all that is wrong with law enforcement today. A large tender ego driven by a small slow mind. The medical unit had a destination and a sensible person would have followed it to it's destination to finish the discussion. Also, The trooper appeared to be caucasian. Did racism raise it's ugly head? That is a definite possibility in oklahoma! (amongst other states)

From the media reports, another trooper arrived and sent the medical unit and it's occupants on it's way.

I suspect these are just a harbinger of things to come.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 24-Jun-2009, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

With the dash cam providing one side and the cell phone video providing another it appears that the trooper had an axe to grind. Not only did Martin pass the ambulance after a short delay of about 15 seconds, he had the presence of mind to make a comment about checking rear view mirrors, arrive at his destination, and then turn around to go after the ambulance.

White is not necessarily in the clear either. He would have helped he cause a little more by not interfering with a police investigation by jumping out the assert his authority over his driver and the rig. This stepped up the pissing match.

Overall, Martin should be fired and White needs a reprimand.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Leelee 
Posted: 24-Jun-2009, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Not impressed at all!!!! dry.gif These types of occurences & others that I've witnessed, makes me wonder if there are any decent Law Enforcement Members left in this society. I am not labelling all Law Enforcement, but I only know one decent Officer & he was my Hubby's Uncle at Large when he was a young lad; other than that, I have come across far and few between.

What about the poor patient in the back of the rig? I am certain that all the kerfuffle made her condition worse!!!!!!!!
PM               
Patch 
Posted: 24-Jun-2009, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I think the patient and his/her family should sue the officer state of Oklahoma. My state has been sued successfully for lesser occurances, and I really do not believe in civil suits in most situations. That is one of the few ways to get governments atrtention. Oklahoma is a "good old boy" state and that may have been the "axe", so to speak. I saw that you-tube had about 1.5M hits and there were other video's re: the incident (60). Watching those provided additional information.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
XenaWarrior 
Posted: 24-Jun-2009, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

female

I don`t know about that. I think there are a lot of good law enforcement officers out there. I personally know quite a few but then I think it depends on where you live and how large the city or town is you live in. There are bad apples in every barrel and I a firm believer in firm profiling of all law enforcement because I have known a few who were "loose cannons" and let their authority run wild.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 25-Jun-2009, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

In most professions the "loose cannons" are weeded out for the good of the profession. In law enforcement they protect them. In 40 years of working with law enforcement I have watched their attitudes change and not for the better! You are right in observing that there are some good ones but the bad exceeds the good many times over today. Even those retired from the profession share my opinion.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 25-Jun-2009, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

I know that there is a shortage of Law Enforcement Officers here, which adds to the stresses of the job at hand. I constantly view articles in the Newspapers and even on our local T.V. Stations for Officer recruitment. I would like to believe that the active force that is working truly want to make a difference in our City, but statistically we have less Police Officers than criminals.

Yes, they have Anger Mangement Programs etc., but the question is, when do they have the time to attend these sessions when they have to pull "double-duty" due to shortage of workers?
PM               
Patch 
Posted: 25-Jun-2009, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I hear the old story that they constantly put their lives in danger. It is not true. VERY few police die in the line of duty by firearms. The greatest cause of death for police officers is in vehicle accidents and most are not, as one would believe, while chasing criminals. They are as it appears the Oklahoma officer was doing initially, "recreational use of lights and sirens."

MANY more people are killed by police in questionable circumstances and the departments white wash the incidents.

You may be fortunate in Canada that it does not happen so often.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 26-Jun-2009, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (stevenpd @ 24-Jun-2009, 11:48 AM)
With the dash cam providing one side and the cell phone video providing another it appears that the trooper had an axe to grind. Not only did Martin pass the ambulance after a short delay of about 15 seconds, he had the presence of mind to make a comment about checking rear view mirrors, arrive at his destination, and then turn around to go after the ambulance.

White is not necessarily in the clear either. He would have helped he cause a little more by not interfering with a police investigation by jumping out the assert his authority over his driver and the rig. This stepped up the pissing match.

Overall, Martin should be fired and White needs a reprimand.

This is exactly how I feel and what I've been saying. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]