Posted: 27-Apr-2005, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I actually grew up in Guysborough Co., and heck, I'm still a loyalist. tongue.gif

As for the move home, that has been postponed until next March. sad.gif Yes, I am quite upset about it. But what can you do?

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 25-Aug-2005, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

I've been across most of Canada three times already by train, plane and automobile...and am currently residing in Vancouver. I was born in Ottawa and from there moved on to Chiliwack and Vedder's Crossing B.C.at the tender age of two, then off to the island in Victoria for a breather, stayed there for 7yrs. Happy times! Then more moving back and forth...I have family on both coasts. While I don't have many memories of the east coast, I'm still young and plan to visit soon.
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 09-Mar-2006, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

this is a good thread and i've enjoyed reading it

keltic

your about 1 1/2hrs away from me,you ever been to the maxville games????

pei many be the smallest island in atlantic canada, but it has the largest irish population....you should read the article in march saltscapes (a mag from the atlantic)

my hubbie and i go to the island every 2nd year it started with our honeymoon and just grew from there!!!we have a house(literally the family farm house)that w've been restoring for the last 15 years (when back home) and it's a short hop (3 hours) to the island......all the atlantic is god's country in my humble opinion rolleyes.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 09-Mar-2006, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (sisterknight @ 09-Mar-2006, 08:40 AM)
......all the atlantic is god's country in my humble opinion rolleyes.gif

Can't say I argue with you on that. wink.gif But why should I?

Well, we're moving at the end of the month. unsure.gif There is still a lot to be done, though. Ange and Coira will be heading home March 30th, and I'll be bringing up the rear at the end of April. I'm doing the honourable thing, and staying to keep the engineering dept. running while the other guy I work with (yes, just the two of us) is off to Thailand with his wife for three weeks. I could have taken off with the girls, but I couldn't in good conscience do that to the guy. Destroy a holiday he's been planning for years. It'll be hard, but the reunion a month later will be all that much more sweet. I just hope Coira waits for me before starting to walk.
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 09-Mar-2006, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

QUOTE (sisterknight @ 09-Mar-2006, 11:40 AM)
this is a good thread and i've enjoyed reading it

keltic

your about 1 1/2hrs away from me,you ever been to the maxville games????

pei many be the smallest island in atlantic canada, but it has the largest irish population....you should read the article in march saltscapes (a mag from the atlantic)

my hubbie and i go to the island every 2nd year it started with our honeymoon and just grew from there!!!we have a house(literally the family farm house)that w've been restoring for the last 15 years (when back home) and it's a short hop (3 hours) to the island......all the atlantic is god's country in my humble opinion rolleyes.gif

Last year was the first year in the last ten that I didn't have a stand set up at Maxville (Glengarry Highland Games). I used to also set up at the Fergus Highland Games and the Montreal Highland Games to name a few. We're taking a hiatus from the games for a few years while I do some designing and hope to take the show on the road to a couple of the larger U.S. festivals.

...noone can argue about the beauty of the maritimes (ex-Haligonian here). I still can't get used to being land-locked here in Ontario.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 10-Mar-2006, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

keltic

let me know when you decide to head to montreal(pierrefonds actually)to do the games again...we can visit then...hubbie and i are headed to ottawa tomorrow to do the museum gawking for the day!!!!
horrid not having water around,eh?
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 24-Jul-2006, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

Well the wife my daughter and myself are off to Nova Scotia at the end of August till mid September. Can't wait for the long deserved rest.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 31-Jul-2006, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I heard it was beautiful country up there! I can only hope to go to Canada one day as I so want to go so badly. With this current heat in Arizona, I could only hope to stay up there for eternity! wink.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 31-Jul-2006, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 31-Jul-2006, 06:53 AM)
I heard it was beautiful country up there! I can only hope to go to Canada one day as I so want to go so badly. With this current heat in Arizona, I could only hope to stay up there for eternity! wink.gif

You'd love it I'm sure.
PMEmail Poster                
Annabelle 
Posted: 31-Jul-2006, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Actually Canada is beautiful! I was there for 4th of July week and the temperature was lovely and the weather wonderful! I even had a custom guard let me bring in a case of canadian beer when I didn't merit the time requirement.

Beginning Dec 31, 2007 you must have a passport to go into Canada. I already have one so there was no problemo there but the beer is quiet nice.

I did stop at the duty free store which was a rip off! You can get the same prices here in the U S as the duty free store offers things....so don't bother stoping.

Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 31-Jul-2006, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Forgot to tell you about the Canadian guards!!! They were very impolite! Acted like I was a terrorists or something!! Now tell me when was the last time you saw a redheaded scottish lass with a turbin on?

A

PS: Happy Now Mr.?
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 31-Jul-2006, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 31-Jul-2006, 07:26 PM)
Forgot to tell you about the Canadian guards!!! They were very impolite! Acted like I was a terrorists or something!! Now tell me when was the last time you saw a redheaded scottish lass with a turbin on?

A

PS: Happy Now Mr.?

Well my sister-in-law is a natural red head and is full blooded Arab! Not a Muslim, she's a youth pastor actully but it just comes to show, you never know. I've crossed the border many times and it's rare they are rude but everyone has a bad day I guess and they take it out on others.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 31-Jul-2006, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

I could only hope to stay up there for eternity!
I get that feeling when I'm there as well. I've deep roots there but I have a problem with Canadian laws and their healthcare, although it's free and it does help, I know too many people who have suffered rathered then benefit from socialized medicine. Also I'm a Gun advocate and a conceled weapons holder and I personally think Canadas gun laws SUCK! I shoot with a Canadian down here in Florida. I got him into shooting and even he agrees. He took advantage of the right to carry permit. Other then that if it stayed summer there year around, I definatly find it hard not to live there. I think Nova Scotia is a touch of Heaven.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Aug-2006, 03:35 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

About three weeks ago, I had the pleasure of having two eastern Canadian friends come to Arizona to visit me. I can't tell you how delightful, polite, gracious and wonderful gals they were. I hope to get to Canada one day myself. Every Canadian I have ever met....and I have met many......appear to be really wonderful people. I know that things are very strict crossing the border right now........and you know what? I am very thankful in this day and age. wish we had more strict controls over our borders in Mexico! unsure.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
zelan 
Posted: 10-Dec-2006, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: abbotsford, B.C

male

Ciamar a Tha Thu?

Im not sure if this is the thread to post an intro...and Ive actually been signed up here for a while now.
But here it is.

Hi all, My name is Eric, and Ive lived all my life in B.C so far.
My origins are Scot...found that out like 3 years ago.
I love going to festivals, Its gotta be the highlight of my summers.
Ive played music for a long time now..10+ years and have written a number of songs.
btw...I play guitar, cello, bass and piano + I can sing a bit too.

A friend of mine asked me to record some stuff, not like high production, for sale or anything. Just something of a memoir, so people can hear it later.

I've been plugging away at learning Gaelic for a little while now, not spending that much time with it...time constraints you know?

Well thats a little on me then.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]