Posted: 19-Jul-2004, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

I was trying to post a link. I will try again later. Sorry to disappoint.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 20-Jul-2004, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 19-Jul-2004, 06:09 PM)

I was trying to post a link. I will try again later. Sorry to disappoint.

Don't worry Brother Maisky. I'll hold a place at the table fer ya. We're serving catfish and brunswick stew.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
gtrplr 
Posted: 20-Jul-2004, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Nashville, TN

male

Mind if I join you? I love catfish. I'll bring the ice cream.

--------------------
Randal Smith alias Smitty the Kid
Wielder of the Six-String Claymore!

"We have enough Youth, how about a Fountain of Smart?"
"When the going gets tough, the smart go fishing!"

PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 20-Jul-2004, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (gtrplr @ 20-Jul-2004, 03:29 PM)
Mind if I join you? I love catfish. I'll bring the ice cream.

I'll bring the beer! biggrin.gif beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gtrplr 
Posted: 21-Jul-2004, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Nashville, TN

male

Just found this: Capitol Hill Blue Article

Researchers Tim Groseclose, of UCLA and Stanford, and Jeff Milyo of the University of Chicago did some work on media bias, and this article decribes their findings. One paragraph jumped out at me:

The authors say they expected to find that the mainstream media leaned to the left, but they were "astounded by the degree." So when people say, for example, that The New York Times may be tilted left, but people can compensate for that by watching Fox News, they don't take into account that the Times is much further from the center than Fox. "To gain a balanced perspective, one would need to spend twice as much time watching Special Report as he or she spends reading The New York Times."

Interesting.

PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Just a tidbit I noticed today:

This morning on NBC's "Perky Katie and Still-In-The-Closet Matt Show" (a.k.a. The Today Show) Katic Couric did a live interview with Ted Kennedy relating to the Democratic Convention in Boston and how the Kennedy family is from Boston.

In the background flashed images of elder Kennedys, certainly including JFK, although they didn't show any pictures of Ted's drowned mistresses. But the thing I noticed most is that during the ENTIRE interview Katie was constantly giving her trademake "cute/happy" smile. She was absolutely enjoying herself. She looked like a schoolgirl that had just gotten her first kiss.

I wonder if, during the Republican Convention, she will emote in the same way when interviewing someone like Cheney or Rumsfield?

The Mainstream media loves the Liberals.

PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

According to the Drudge Report (so take it as you will):

USAToday has comissioned the conservative Ann Coulter to write a column from the Democratic Convention.

USAToday has comissioned the liberal Michael Moore to write a column from the Republican Convention.

This ought to be quite tasty.

BUT...

Coulter filed her first report from Boston Sunday night, only to be told hours later that editors found it "unusable" and "not funny." Let's see if Tuesday's column is printed. Let's see if any of Moore's columns are spiked.

If this happened to Moore would he be crying "First Amendment!"?

Fair and balanced?

PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 26-Jul-2004, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

USAToday has comissioned the conservative Ann Coulter to write a column from the Democratic Convention.

USAToday has comissioned the liberal Michael Moore to write a column from the Republican Convention.

Hilarity should ensue for both conventions, but Coulter like so many conservatives is not known for her sense of humor just mostly for being a lovely but very bitter female lawyer.

I feel that is the one of the main failures of Conservatives they just aren't light hearted or very joyful, I mean name one, McCain a Rino (Republican in Name Only) and Powell (known for a recent performance amongst ambassadors portraying the construction worker and singing the YMCA; or being asked several years ago who is your favorite band, he answered ABBA, hell I got more soul than that and I'm just a GoB.

Just not funny Neo-Cons
Rumsfeld
Ridge
Cheney
Ashcroft
Rice (she is so not funny they named an Exxon tanker after her.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 28-Jul-2004, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

It should have been Dennis Miller at the Democratic convention. I like him (mostly).

Coulter is way too edgy to be in USAToday. Talk radio, conservative publications - OK. I enjoy her writing, but then I liked ABBA too. biggrin.gif If I am served more than 3 or 4 wee drams you MIGHT see me on the table singing "Take A Chance On Me".

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 28-Jul-2004, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I don't believe much of what Matt Drudge says. Most of his "news reports" are actually thinly veiled anti-liberal rants. I'll give you the conservative news story chain. It starts with Drudge and "American Spectator". It is then reported by Fox "News" Channel, the New York Post, and the Washington Times. From there, it ends up being repeated by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter on their syndicated radio shows, and in the case of O'Lielly and Coulter, their syndicated columns. Then, it finally ends up on the front page of the Wall Street Journal and the Chicago Tribune.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Shamalama 
Posted: 29-Jul-2004, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 28-Jul-2004, 08:09 PM)
I don't believe much of what Matt Drudge says. Most of his "news reports" are actually thinly veiled anti-liberal rants. I'll give you the conservative news story chain. It starts with Drudge and "American Spectator". It is then reported by Fox "News" Channel, the New York Post, and the Washington Times. From there, it ends up being repeated by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter on their syndicated radio shows, and in the case of O'Lielly and Coulter, their syndicated columns. Then, it finally ends up on the front page of the Wall Street Journal and the Chicago Tribune.

My, oh my.

The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy is a powerful, demonic beast, ain't it.

PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 29-Jul-2004, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Last night on CBS, Dan Rather once again proved why he was a shill for the left. Right after John Edwards got done speaking and Rather and Bob Schieffer were conversing on the air, Rather delivered this line: "We know that after considerable consideration, the Bush/Cheney campaign decided to send Vice President Cheney out this week as a kind of hitman for their side."

Hitman?

That's right - he called the Vice President of the United States a hitman.

Of course, this is just Rather being his usual Bush-hating self. But think for a moment and ask yourself: what if a Republican had called a sitting Democratic Vice President a hitman? It would be all over the headlines, with people demanding that person's apology or resignation. But not when it comes to demonizing Cheney - that's allowed.

Dan Rather has always been a big liberal. He just doesn't hide it anymore. He can't hide it anymore.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 29-Jul-2004, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 29-Jul-2004, 12:42 PM)
Last night on CBS, Dan Rather once again proved why he was a shill for the left. Right after John Edwards got done speaking and Rather and Bob Schieffer were conversing on the air, Rather delivered this line: "We know that after considerable consideration, the Bush/Cheney campaign decided to send Vice President Cheney out this week as a kind of hitman for their side."

Hitman?

That's right - he called the Vice President of the United States a hitman.

Of course, this is just Rather being his usual Bush-hating self. But think for a moment and ask yourself: what if a Republican had called a sitting Democratic Vice President a hitman? It would be all over the headlines, with people demanding that person's apology or resignation. But not when it comes to demonizing Cheney - that's allowed.

Dan Rather has always been a big liberal. He just doesn't hide it anymore. He can't hide it anymore.

What's the problem with calling a spade a spade? Cheney is NOT a hitman. He has other people who take care of that stuff. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 29-Jul-2004, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

This is from MoveOn.org. You can almost hear giant sucking sounds...

Dear MoveOn member,

Since Fox ?News? is unable to rebut the basic premise of ?Outfoxed,? its anchors have resorted to slamming the film?s technique. Fox News? convention correspondent Carl Cameron, who is portrayed in the movie sucking up to then-Governor Bush before an interview, complained ?It was an unfortunate piece of editing in the movie that gave a far worse impression than the reality.?

To counter this charge, director Robert Greenwald has released the entire footage of Cameron?s pre-interview moments with Bush, when he didn?t realize the tape was rolling. The full clip makes Cameron look even worse. He spends a full three minutes fawning over Bush. See this outrageous footage here:

http://www.moveon.org/r?539

All this bluster hides the serious fact that Fox ?News? allows political partisans like Cameron to do important journalistic interviews, even when there are blatant conflicts of interest.
This footage is a smoking gun?Fox ?News? is a Republican outlet, and the reporters make no bones about it. At most networks, even a perception of a conflict of interests is enough to reassign a reporter. In 2000, a CNN producer whose husband was a lawyer for Gore was told not to have anything to do with campaign coverage [1]. Last Thursday, the San Francisco Chronicle put its letters editor on leave for contributing $400 to the Kerry campaign [2]. Not so at Fox ?News?, where Cameron remained in charge of campaign coverage, including the exclusive interview with Bush, despite his wife?s involvement with the Bush campaign.

Do conflicts of interest really matter? Well, to take just one example, the head analyst of election results for Fox News in 2000 was John Ellis, Bush?s first cousin. On Mr. Ellis? advice, Fox News was the first to declare Bush the winner of Florida and the presidency. Ellis? call for Bush set off a cascade of similar calls by other networks, ultimately leading to the infamous Florida vote-counting controversy.

Blatant conflicts of interest like Cameron?s and Ellis? highlight an appalling lack of journalistic balance on the part of Fox ?News?. To permit such assignments is unprofessional and deceptive. It?s the sort of behavior that gives Fox News such a bad name.

Most news outlets would be embarrassed and apologetic. Fox News is smug and unrepentant. Worse, they are doing it again this election. Before we go any further, demand Fox ?News? reassign Carl Cameron from the conventions and choose a reporter without personal ties to one candidate:

Roger Ailes, CEO and Chairman
Fox ?News? Channel
(212) 301-3000

Of course, Fox ?News? is trying hard to deny its obvious partisanship. Both Cameron and Roger Ailes always cite a single story as proof that Fox ?News? doesn?t favor Republicans: the discovery of George W. Bush?s arrest for drunken driving in the final week of the 2000 election. Fox News takes credit for getting the scoop. Real journalists at Salon magazine, however, reveal that the story was discovered by a young reporter at a local Fox broadcast affiliate, WPXT-TV in Portland, Maine, not the team at Fox ?News? Channel. Fox ?News? recently affirmed it has ?no editorial oversight? of any Fox affiliate [4]. Read the Salon story at:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/07/...fox_dui_moveon/

P.S. Here?s the transcript of Cameron and Bush chatting:

CARL CAMERON: ?for Carl to say now ?Carl, you can?t tell this from the satellite feeds ?cause I know you?re in your desk in Washington, but, you know, Governor Bush does have a halo and wings, just take my word for it.? And how the hell would I know?
You having fun still?

GOV. GEORGE W. BUSH: Yeah, I?m doing great. I am.

CAMERON: You look like you?ve been dealing with Gore effectively, he?s, uh...

BUSH: Yeah, he?s punching a lot, you know.

CAMERON: But that gives you your chance to do your counter-punches.

BUSH: I think it does, it really does, I think I?m in pretty good shape. He?s evidently coming to state tomorrow to make a big thing.

CAMERON: I?m gonna ask you about it. San Antonio, talk about budget and health care and all that kind of stuff. It seems to me to be a total non-issue, I mean, you?ve got a surplus.

BUSH: We do have a surplus, and the comptroller, I don?t know if you know this.

CAMERON: I do.

BUSH: She coming out tomorrow again.

CAMERON: With...

BUSH: With a higher number.

CAMERON: Really. Are you prepared to talk about it?

BUSH: No, I don?t, I, uh uh.

CAMERON: Okay.

BUSH: I?m just giving you a heads up, so you?ll know.

CAMERON: My head is up.

BUSH: But I don?t know the number.

BUSH: And she won?t tell anybody the number. It?s kind of a tradition in Texas.
CAMERON: Is she appointed, elected, what?s the deal there?

BUSH: Elected by the people.

CAMERON: Republican or Democrat?

BUSH: Republican.

CAMERON: That helps.

BUSH: Well, she?s independently elected.

CAMERON: Understood.

BUSH: She?s got a job to do.

CAMERON: Absolutely.

BUSH: And she?s not gonna give out numbers that aren?t real.

BUSH: It?s not my, uh. Obviously if she were my accountant, it would take a little bit of credibility out of the process.

CAMERON: Sure, of course it would.

BUSH: Anyway, things are good. Your family?

CAMERON: Very well. My wife has been hanging out with your sister.

BUSH: Yeah, good, my county...

CAMERON: Doro?s been al over the state campaigning, and Pauline has been constantly with her. Umm.

BUSH: Doro is a good person.

CAMERON: Oh, and she?s been terrific. To hear Pauline tell it, when she first started campaigning for you, she was a little bit nervous.

BUSH: Yeah.

CAMERON: But now she?s up there.

BUSH: Getting her stride?

CAMERON: Doesn?t need notes, she?s going to crowds, and she?s got the whole riff down.

BUSH: She?s a good soul.

CAMERON: She?s having fun, too.

BUSH: She?s a really good soul.

CAMERON: Yesterday I ended up not working because my 10-year-old son went to basketball camp. First time he?s ever been away.

BUSH: And he did okay, I hope?

CAMERON: They put him in with 13-year-olds.

BUSH: Eww.

CAMERON: Who beat the hell out of him. So I had to take the day off.
BUSH: Physically?

CAMERON: Well, they didn?t like the snot nose 10-year-old.

BUSH: I mean, not beating.

CAMERON: Elbows.

BUSH: Yeah, that?s okay.

BUSH: But is he... Did he hold his own?

CAMERON: He wanted to quit at the end of Monday.

BUSH: Yeah.

CAMERON: So I had to go up there yesterday and sort of couch him off the tree. And have him say, look you know this is what it?s about. Think of Alan Iverson, think of Larry Bird.
BUSH: The fact that he?s there is amazing, though, for the 13-year-olds kids.
CAMERON: I played a lot in high school and college.

BUSH: Did you really?

CAMERON: Oh yeah.

BUSH: Did you have any moves?

CAMERON: I was, I was nominated for All-American.

BUSH: Oh come on!

CAMERON: Didn?t make it.

BUSH: Camerones! You were?

CAMERON: Absolutely.

BUSH: Fabulous! Hehe.

CAMERON: My high school coach was the, went on to be the assistant coach under Tommy Hineson for the Celtics.

BUSH: Really?

CAMERON: Yeah

BUSH: And where was this?

CAMERON: Melrose, Massachusetts. Just south of the New Hampshire border.

BUSH: Sure, I know Melrose.

CAMERON: So was...

BUSH: And you played college basketball?

CAMERON: Yeah.

BUSH: Did you really?

CAMERON: Well, well Division 2.

BUSH: That?s okay, but still.

CAMERON: Oh yeah, I was...

BUSH: Where was this?

CAMERON: Bates College.

BUSH: Sure, I know Bates.

CAMERON: I was uh, well, Lewiston, just north of Kennebunkport.

BUSH: Sure, I know Bates. Bates is a fabulous school. No, I know Bates. It?s a great school.

CAMERON: No, I was a hit man.

BUSH: You were the Tommy Hineson. Jim Luskatoff.

CAMERON: I was enforcer, that?s right. Exactly. Alright, you guys ready? Alright.

BUSH: That?s great.

CAMERON: Here we go, Governor. You see, the little things that get disclosed.

BUSH: I like that.

CAMERON: Thank you for joining us, sir.

BUSH: Yes, sir. Thanks, Carl. It?s good to see you again.

CAMERON: Just a few days away from the convention now, how important is it to you, what premium price do you put on a harmonious convention, and why?

BUSH: Well, this is an event, a big event in the course of a long campaign. You and I have been through several of them...

Sources:

[1]"Outfoxed", Dir. Robert Greenwald. Carolina Productions, 2004. http://www.outfoxed.org/
[2] http://www.freepress.net/news/4187
[3] http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp.as...RJ8OVF&b=122948
[4] http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,125437,00.html
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Shamalama 
Posted: 30-Jul-2004, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Funny y'all should use the word "hitman".

---

Officials: Democrats? Biggest Money Man Has Mob Connections

By Brian Ross
ABCNEWS.com

BOSTON, July 28, 2004 ? As Sens. John Kerry and John Edwards arrived in Boston today for the Democratic National Convention, so did the California man who is their single biggest contributor.

He is Stephen Bing, a wealthy film producer who, with little fanfare, has managed to steer a total of more than $16 million of his money to Democratic candidates and the supposedly independent groups that support them.

Bing is perhaps best known for sparking a tabloid frenzy when he publicly expressed doubt that he was the father of actress Elizabeth Hurley's baby. (A paternity test proved he was indeed the father.) He repeatedly has refused to say why he is funneling millions of dollars to the Democrats.

In fact, Democratic Party officials said they knew nothing about the man who law enforcement officials tell ABC News is Bing's friend and business partner ? Dominic Montemarano, a New York Mafia figure currently in federal prison on racketeering charges.

Montemarano has a long criminal record and is known to organized crime investigators by his street name, Donnie Shacks.

"Donnie Shacks' main activity was murder. No question about it. That was his main function for the Colombo family and for organized crime in general. He was one of the top hit men in the New York area," said Joe Coffey, a former NYPD investigator.

According to The Los Angeles Times, Bing paid Montemarano's legal fees after his most recent scrape with the law. Montemerano's lawyer said his client was an employee of Bing's.

After a recent private lunch with Democratic vice-presidential candidate Edwards, Bing also declined to answer questions about his relationship with Montemarano.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Politics/Vo...g_040728-1.html

---

Montemarano -> Stephen Bing -> John Kerry and John Edwards

I think I saw this episode on "Law & Order".

Vote for Kerry, or I'll dump your lifeless body in the Hudson River.

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]