celticwoodsman 
Posted: 24-Sep-2004, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: NY, USA

male

Some if not most of us have stories of totem animals, or spirit guides. I just want to have another forum for us where we can share some stories, such as what is your spirit animal? What gifts do you share with your spirit animal/totem, or do you have any cool stories reguarding you and non-domesticated animals that put a spiritual spin on your life?

--------------------
You will not go hungry until I starve, you shall not go thirsty as I have drink, you shall have my bed and be warm, you shall sit on my right as we feast in the great halls of our ancestors, and for when we die, and go to the great battle of valhalla....we shall stand together and fight ....at the end we shall look upon each other strewn with the blood of OUR enemies, and then....I shall call you FRIEND
PMEmail Poster                
celticwoodsman 
Posted: 01-Oct-2004, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

male

Coyote: symbol of Cunning, Cleverness, negotiating difficult situations
There are many stories about the Coyote as being a trickster. Don't let that fool you, because Coyote protects the home and the people in it from foolishness. Living in hills or underground dens, Coyotes always make sure the family is fully protected. He helps to keep the family close.

Learn from coyote in negotiating a difficult situations. He can help you to discover a trap that you are caught in, or show you you how you might be fooling yourself. If you are in a relationship where you think you may be fooling yourself, use the coyote to help see the truth of the matter and release yourself from the trap.
PMEmail Poster                
Balachasen 
Posted: 01-Oct-2004, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

Maideann mhath Celticwoodsman..........

saru wa hane ga nai kedo tobu, Hebi wa ashi ga nai kedo aruku...........

This is a Japanese proverb meaning monkeys have no wings but they fly,
snakes have no legs but they walk.

The idea being that all have different strengths and weaknesses, sometimes surprising strengths from unexpected places.

Slainte mhath,

Balachasen
PMEmail Poster               
celticwoodsman 
Posted: 06-Oct-2004, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

male

I understand that there is even a tarot of spirit animals out there somewhere, although the concept seems odd to me, I am sure that this can be a good resource for those who are looking for a liberal list of totems or spirit animals. I understand that even in the native lands the different totem animals are dependant on the area... As well as I am sure that a person who lives on a different land mass may be different. For example, it would be a lil odd for a person from Italy, or Florida USA to say that they have a reindeer totem, but not as odd for a Scandanavian to say such. What are some odd examples of spirit animals, or a totem that others have that too some may never have heard of or now the "power/gifts" of?

PMEmail Poster                
freekenny 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 02:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
~ Being of Native American culture my responses/beliefs may differ from others when it comes to defintion/application of 'words' rolleyes.gif
~ My totem animals are many but, my Animal Spirit/Guide is the owl~ 'Strong and powerful medicine..drawn to 'strong women', 'magic' women', tremendous psychic ability, healer'..The owl is also a messenger~ In my culture, animal spirits used for personal spirituality/growth/development don't come to you in spirit form..they are drawn/sensitive to your magnetic field, drawn to you for a specific reason here on Mother Earth, real form~ If a Animal Guide comes to you in spirit form they are strictly there to give you assistance or a warning/message~ The owl 'assists' me in every day life, part of me so to speak~ wink.gif
~ My Animal Totems- dolphin (awareness), turtle (patience), bear (natural healer/helper), hawk (sight)..Totem Animals are known as Power Animals throughout various Native American tribes..these animals 'make-up' your characteristics/traits..who you are~To give 'thanks'/to 'bond' with your Totem/Power Animals, ceremonies were held where 'shape-shifting' took place~
~Native Americans believe the first animal you 'saw' or 'interacted' with and continued to 'visit' you is and will always be your most important Guide~ wink.gif We believe if an animal comes to you in a 'dream' and is angry or bared its teeth/fangs this is not your Guide~
~Gift that I share with my totems? 'Keen insight'..compassion...
~Developing 'communication' with Animal Guides/Spirits takes time, dedication, meditation, patience..new attitudes and behaviours are required in order for your intuition to be 'finely tuned' wink.gif The only way one will ever 'realize' and develop all their Power Animals is by showing respect to all living things, their 'ways', their sacredness and the connection to you~ One must have the knowledge of their own existence as a divine being in order to communicate with other divine beings such as the Power Animals~ fox.gif
~~ My beliefs..thoughts..ways of life.... sleep.gif
~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

That was very interesting for me to read, freekenny.
I have an eagle "visiting" me. In my dreams I sometimes fly with him and often during the day I can hear his scream.
He seems to appear when I am in need of something...and it is giving me comfort, strength or a warning as well. It seems to be the same scream, the same feeling and knowledge of presence but I can tell apart if it is meant e.g. as a warning or as an encouragement though.
I'm listening and learning each time.
Don't mind that I still have some problems to put things in right words.. I'm quite new to this path ... well, I'd better say I have been running away from it for a long, long time. Now, that I'm following it I've found peace, shelter and most of all ...freedom. I'm complete in a way...

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
celticwoodsman 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

male

freekenny:
I also follow the path of the people, I was adopted into the seneca nation and have learned much in the way of tradition, as well as gained much insight into the realms of nature. I am glad that you mentioned the baring of teeth, for I was taught that if you have a "dream" where a spirit visits you with an aggressive behavior you have done somethin to deserve it. Meaning there is something in your life that you have to change.
Now be it that every animal has something to teach all of us, and that is why I hope that this discussion bridges the gap of the culture of the people, and celtic pagan culture in the fact that we all have some affinity to animal spirits, and this may be a good way to discuss the effects of them, and the effect of the message in our lives.
PMEmail Poster                
Shadows 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

My spiritual roots follow the Lenape and Shawnee...

My teachers always told me that these guides and totems where as individual and private as each human being. The messages they teach are for consumption one on one and to divulge the messages they bring was a sure way to an end to them speaking to you.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
freekenny 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (celticwoodsman @ 11-Oct-2004, 09:30 AM)
freekenny:
I also follow the path of the people, I was adopted into the seneca nation and have learned much in the way of tradition, as well as gained much insight into the realms of nature. I am glad that you mentioned the baring of teeth, for I was taught that if you have a "dream" where a spirit visits you with an aggressive behavior you have done somethin to deserve it. Meaning there is something in your life that you have to change.
Now be it that every animal has something to teach all of us, and that is why I hope that this discussion bridges the gap of the culture of the people, and celtic pagan culture in the fact that we all have some affinity to animal spirits, and this may be a good way to discuss the effects of them, and the effect of the message in our lives.

O'siyo celticwoodsman,
~ Ni Ya We for sharing..very interesting~
~Even having the 'same culture' of sorts, shows us the beauty of observation and interpretation happy.gif The fact that everything 'works, aids and means' something individual for each~ I find that beautiful and so peaceful~
~ I am intrigued with your observation and 'definition' of the baring of teeth~ That makes perfect sense~ I was taught, but, not limited to believing 'my way' is the 'right' way sleep.gif that an animal baring teeth or in an aggitated state is a warning that something is about to occur that will not be the 'right' choice for you~ Or if you had a 'choice' to make that was weighing heavy on your mind, if an animal comes baring teeth go against that decision..means 'avoidance'..not necessarily 'change', so I enjoy 'learning' of others interpretations and observations~
~ In my opinion it doesn't matter what your culture is, animals teach us all many, many lessons if we just observe~ wink.gif
~~Sty-U and may you enjoy all that Mother Earth has to offer~ red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (Shadows @ 11-Oct-2004, 11:30 AM)
My spiritual roots follow the Lenape and Shawnee...

My teachers always told me that these guides and totems where as individual and private as each human being. The messages they teach are for consumption one on one and to divulge the messages they bring was a sure way to an end to them speaking to you.

O'siyo Shadow,
~ Interesting indeed~ I have never been 'taught' that sharing/divulging a message would end that 'line of communication' with your Animal Guide~ tongue.gif That's the beauty of a culture, inside the 'main' culture are many smaller 'cultures' that make up the whole of the people but, interpret and observe the aspects of that culture in an individual way~
~Aye, I do believe that one's Totems and Guides are as individual as that person~ It assists in creating the personality/characteristics of a person~ My opinion anyway wink.gif
~ Always good to read what you post biggrin.gif
~~Sty-U, have a blessed and peaceful eve red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

If sharing the message is to be, the guide will let you know... but most is on a personal level... or so I have been taught. Diversity is what makes life grand!
celticwoodsman 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

male

i have to agree with master tongue.gif shadows in a way, I was taught that we can not divulge the intimate messages given to us in the realm of the dreams. For those messages passed on to us are a private conversation. There is no way that even if I tried to explain what the coyote has said to me in a dream that I could actually put it to words here. My woman has had been given messages by the badger, and she knows nothing of badgers or the interpretation in the dreams so I said to her what the holy man had said to me, "What do you think she is trying to say to you?" I enlighten her with stories of the badger, and what they are well known for, but for the private message she must turn inword to interpret.
I would never devulge a personnal revelation from a spirit to anyone, But this in a way, is a way for those who are confused to ask, and for those brothers and sisters to share.
PMEmail Poster                
Shadows 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (celticwoodsman @ 11-Oct-2004, 04:30 PM)
i have to agree with master tongue.gif shadows ...

Again you refer to me as master... I am no more a master then you... again I say "bow down to no one" we are all students and teachers! Learn what you can from each other , but never , ever put one above the other!
urian 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

Wolf:Intuition, Learning, Spirit

This totem brings faithfulness, inner strength
and intuition when he enters our lives.
But he also brings learning to live with one's self.
The wolf teaches us to learn about our inner self
and to find our inner power and strength.
But to achieve this, we must take risks
and face our deepest fears.
A wolf totem demands sincerity.

This totem demands a lot of us
but gives us much in return;
a spirit helper that is always there to help
and gives us extraordinary powers of endurance.
He reminds us to listen to our inner thoughts
and trust our insights.

crow:Keeper of the Sacred Law

Crows are the keepers of the Sacred Law
and to have a Crow totem is very powerful.

Personal Integrity are your watchwords
and your guide in Life.
If you have a Crow totem, your prime path
is to be mindful of your opinions and actions.
You must be willing to walk your talk,
to speak your truth and to know your life's mission.

Crow is a omen of Change.
Crow lives in the void and has no sense of time,
therefore, it sees past, present and future simultaneously.
Crow merges both light and dark, both inner and outer.
It is the totem of the Great Spirit
and must be respected as such.

They are symbols of creation and spiritual strength.
Look for opportunities to create and manifest the magic of life.
Crows are messengers calling to us
about the creation and magic that is alive in the world today
and available to us.

Dragon:
Protector
Exists between thoughts
Ability to move between worlds
Connection to the birth of the Universe
Transformation
Though Celtic tradition gives specific qualities for dragons of the elements of earth, fire, water, and air, in general terms, Dragon's power is that of shedding its skin and emerging as a new, transformed being.

Dragon: longevity, infinity, wisdom, movement through space

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (Shadows @ 11-Oct-2004, 04:48 PM)
Again you refer to me as master... I am no more a master then you... again I say "bow down to no one" we are all students and teachers! Learn what you can from each other , but never , ever put one above the other!

O'siyo,
~ I don't know about the bowing and such but, to me and tis my opinion only, a Master is someone who expells expertise on a particular issue/craft/gift... wink.gif One who has excellent knowledge first hand (experience), 'picks' a protege' and shares this knowledge while passing down His 'gift'...A true Master would never expect a person to 'bow down' before Him but, would graciously accept the gesture as one of the upmost respect sleep.gif Most of all, again tis my opinion only, a True Master would never put anyone, especially Himself above another, be it human, animal or plant~
~~ Just my 'two-cents' wine.gif
~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]