celticwoodsman 
Posted: 15-Sep-2004, 10:23 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: NY, USA

male

yes the quote was from crooktooth, and I did not mean "civil" rights, but that is another pseudophilisophical discussion. I just meant that in spirituality of all sorts there is a correct view shared by most if not all...the do no harm, or "dont be an *" as I have taught it in a meeting or two. Aye some may drum, some may dance, some may do nothing, but in most if not all forms or spirituality enlightenment is not sough through acts ofmalice, but rather for lack of a better word some type of love.

--------------------
You will not go hungry until I starve, you shall not go thirsty as I have drink, you shall have my bed and be warm, you shall sit on my right as we feast in the great halls of our ancestors, and for when we die, and go to the great battle of valhalla....we shall stand together and fight ....at the end we shall look upon each other strewn with the blood of OUR enemies, and then....I shall call you FRIEND
PMEmail Poster                
Shadows 
Posted: 21-Sep-2004, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Twice today I have been called "master" by 2 different folks and twice today I have replied... " Do not call me master!" I am a student and a teacher just like anyone else, we all learn from what knowledge each of us holds and shares. None of us is master over another yet we all can learn from each other if we are willing to share what we know! Do not even out of respect bow to another as "master" for to do so lessons your stature in your own mind as well as theirs and makes you open to manipulation. Look at yourself as master over yourself; and others as teachers or guides.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
celticwoodsman 
Posted: 22-Sep-2004, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

Realm: NY, USA

male

to stay on topic in the views of spirituality it is my experience and my belief that we are all given different gifts to be used by the mind's eye through our inner spirit and our body to influence the world and to influence others. In Native terms the gifts of a totem:

One who is a coyote is a trickster-teacher, wolves are teachers as well, bears are warriors (hard driven individuals), hawks have a lil more insite into the will of the Great Spirit...etc. I know what i am and have a good track record of knowing what the gifts that others have (if you believe or not that is a different topic)

Also to appologize to shadows I was one who refered to him as master. As I explained to him and I state now the term master as I say in my symantics or my definition is a person who has a lil more of one of the above gifts that I have a lil less of, and I recognize their thoughts and insights as a good teaching. If I learn something from you I will treat you with that respect. I dont expect people on this "grove" to want me to refer to any of them as master, for it might inflate their ego.

I would also like to expand in this forum a topic perhaps later: the fact of what are the teachings with your totem that you would like to share with others...or feelings of animals in the concept of spirituality.
PMEmail Poster                
freekenny 
Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (celticwoodsman @ 15-Sep-2004, 08:20 AM)
I have a problem with this statement, and perhaps shadows could perhaps elaborate in more words...lol. There is a "right for everyone...

We all have a right to live, and in that right we are privilaged to pray in what we believe in. This may or may not be the exact way theat our neighbor believes, but to the fact of the matter we may not have the same rite, but we all have the same right. Though I speak only on the topic of spirituality so it be noted I do not refer to religion or theocracy...specifically and yet to be plain, we do not all have the same belief, nor may we see that our neighbor believes in what is right versus our rite, BUT we have the right to believe in our own rite.

O'siyo,
~ While reading this post I had a thought..imagine that eh? lol.gif
~~ Neither of us had any control over being conceived therefore, and again, tis my opinion only, I believe life is a privelage and not a right whistling.gif How one chooses to live their life is their right and having the freedom to do so again, in my opinion, is a privelage wine.gif
~~ Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 11-Dec-2007, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Okay now I am confused! we have a "Native American" blonde haired lass posting in a Celtic Website! Next we will have a "Celtic" Redheaded Bearded male taking charge of the American Indian Movement! It seems Ironic to me that in her profile she posts her interests in Native American things but not a word about Celtic Connection. I too have a wee bit of Native American blood but I do not find myself following that path I am Scottish to the Kilt! I am not saying the lass does not have a right to post here I am just wondering why? Have the Native Americans shunned her so she sought us out here? Is she perhaps aware of the meaning of Celtic Wisdom? Again I am not arguing as she has a right to post just as I have the right to question why!

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]