Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

We are excited to announce that IFC Films has contacted Highlander Radio about a brand new film that is opening on March 16th, 2007! The Wind that Shakes the Barley (directed by Ken Loach and starring Cillian Murphy) takes us back to Ireland in 1920 when workers from all over Ireland unite and form guerrilla armies to face the ruthless "Black and Tan" squads that are being shipping from Britian to block Ireland's bid for independence.

Visit the movie site to see a preview of this powerful film and also our CelticRadio.net logo:

http://www.ifcfilms.com/barley

Winner of the Best Film at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival, The Wind That Shakes the Barley is a "Masterful and Staggerly Powerful" film that tells the story of two brothers who find themselves in opposing camps and have to decide if their ideals are more important that their own flesh and blood.

10 FREE TICKETS TO THE IFC CENTER IN NEW YORK CITY!

http://www.ifccenter.com/index

If you are interested in seeing this movie during the opening week of March 16th, 2007 at the Independent Film Channel's state of the art movie theater in New York City then please email us ASAP. We have 10 tickets to give away and we will provide these on a first come first serve basis.

We will have more information about "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" in our March Newsletter.

user posted image

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Senara 
Posted: 21-Feb-2007, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

drat...Wish I could go...but I'm seeing GBS here in Milwaukee the night before... sad.gif Hope someone gets a chance to snatch up these tickets...sounds like an awesome way to see the film. I'm hoping to find it playing around here sometime this spring.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chir drn a thoirt an aghaidh pig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 22-Feb-2007, 05:27 AM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Ok, we have some more details about the free tickets. They are good starting on March 19th. Again, only at the IFC theater in New York City.

Just send to us your email/name and we will pass on to the IFC folks to reserve your seats. We have 10 available. Passes are good for 1 person and a guest.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
birddog20002001 
Posted: 01-Mar-2007, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

No Dude, It's the Isle of Dude, Dude.
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

it is too bad that I am going to NY the week before the show it sounds interesting. sad.gif I hope someone gets the tickets and enjoys the show.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
garfieldpurrs 
Posted: 12-Mar-2007, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Scotland

male

I have actually seen this film, don't ask how, not sure myself, but it it is a definite "must", great film, sad in what it depicts but well worth seeing!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Mar-2007, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

We still have tickets available for the week of March 19th. Please, if you or if you know someone that will be in New York City, we can set them up with a pass for them and a guest!

Also, on St. Patrick's Day we will be given away 3 full length posters from this movie - just like the ones you see at the theater. These are great for rooms and could even be framed!
stoirmeil 
Posted: 17-Mar-2007, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Well. I've e-mailed for the pair of passes, even though I was down at the IFC for the 11:00 AM showing, first of the day yesterday, and almost a private showing (about 9 people in the audience -- it was a gruesome mix of sleet and rain and you name it, no one was out) -- I want to see it again so I can write a good review (and I'll be sure to put SPOILER on it, don't worry). It's one of the best things I've ever seen, beautiful and harrowing and heartbreaking.
PMEmail Poster               
Barbar 
Posted: 05-Apr-2007, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Valley of Green Silences & Summer Wine

female

Look forward to seeing the movie, as I'm currently reading 1921 by Morgan Llywelyn. The title of the movie is reminicent of an old song, "The Wind That Shakes the Corn". Cheers... beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 09-Apr-2007, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

It's the same song. There are a few different tunes used for it. It is beautifuuly sung in the movie to a really old traditional tune. Do go see the film!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 09-Apr-2007, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

We are waiting to hear back from Rainbow Media when this might be available on DVD for those that don't frequent the movie threater that much. Will let everyone know.
Emmet 
Posted: 10-Apr-2007, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

It's available on DVD through Sinn Fin ($33.43), but it's in European format; you'll need a multi-region DVD player to play it.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 10-Apr-2007, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (Emmet @ 10-Apr-2007, 04:07 PM)
It's available on DVD through Sinn Fin ($33.43), but it's in European format; you'll need a multi-region DVD player to play it.

Thanks Emmet! I should have just asked the question here. I got a quicker response! smile.gif

I continue to be amazed by the depth and knowledge of this community. Thankyou!
stoirmeil 
Posted: 10-Apr-2007, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Macfive @ 10-Apr-2007, 06:54 PM)
Thanks Emmet! I should have just asked the question here. I got a quicker response! smile.gif

I continue to be amazed by the depth and knowledge of this community. Thankyou!

Either way it will be good to know. The lady I dealt with at Rainbow Media about the tickets was really a peach -- it's a nice contact for you and the site. I'll be happy to hear when the DVD will be available in American format (if that's what it is).
Thanks!
PMEmail Poster               
Emmet 
Posted: 11-Apr-2007, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

I'll be happy to hear when the DVD will be available in American format

Check your DVD player's documentation; if it's "multi-regional" or will specifically play discs from region 1 (USA) and 2 (Europe), it should work.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt