Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Chattanooga, TN

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
50,600 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

I thought it was great, the music and plot were both amazing and worked together. The quest seem to be a little less dynamic than the previews hinted at, but then it is a children's movie and needed to be kept fairly simple.

I didn't notice anything missing from the previews, but I didn't watch all of the ones that came out.

I was wondering if there was a reason triplets were used for brothers (I couldn't help thinking of the triplets in Shrek). I don't believe most women & children would have survived such a pregancy.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
camac 
Posted: 26-Jun-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Burlington. On.

male

I must be weird as I never could get excited by animated movies.
camac

--------------------
" I am so excited about Canada ruling the World" (John Diefenbaker)

"The Strength of Mankind Lies in its' Women"
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 28-Jun-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

There's a cute little something at the end of the credits. Nothing major but its a nice little chuckle at the end.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
MattPayton 
Posted: 30-Jun-2012, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Knoxville, TN

male

I saw Brave tonight at the drive-in and I thought it was a really good movie! I liked the story a lot and I loved the music! In my opinion it's one of the best kid's movies Disney has made in a long time. I miss all of the good, old kids movies! Like Mulan and The Lion King and Hercules and Anastasia. I am definitely going to buy Brave to go along with those! Haha.
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 30-Jun-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (MattPayton @ 30-Jun-2012, 03:04 AM)
I saw Brave tonight at the drive-in and I thought it was a really good movie!  I liked the story a lot and I loved the music!  In my opinion it's one of the best kid's movies Disney has made in a long time.  I miss all of the good, old kids movies!  Like Mulan and The Lion King and Hercules and Anastasia.  I am definitely going to buy Brave to go along with those!  Haha.

They still have Drive-ins in Tennessee? shocking.gif

The only Drive-in still standing in my area is now a Flea Market and in the town I went to High School that site now has a Walmart Super Center standing in its place.

PS: Even the indoor movie theater I worked in as a teenager (long-long ago) hasn't shown first run movies in years.

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
MattPayton 
Posted: 30-Jun-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Knoxville, TN

male

Haha, yeah they have atleast two that I know of! They're both owned by Blue Moon Theaters and Parkway Drive-in is in Maryville and Midtown Drive-in is in Harriman. I like them both a lot! It's a great deal for two and sometimes three movies for only $7! The concessions are like half of what they would be at a normal movie theater too! They only bad things are that it can get really really hot and sometimes it's hard to stay up until the end. Because the last movie usually ends at like 2 A.M. And for me there is still like a thirty to forty-five minute drive home. Haha. But all in all I really like the drive-in's!
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 30-Jun-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (MattPayton @ 30-Jun-2012, 10:43 AM)
Haha, yeah they have atleast two that I know of!  They're both owned by Blue Moon Theaters and Parkway Drive-in is in Maryville and Midtown Drive-in is in Harriman.  I like them both a lot!  It's a great deal for two and sometimes three movies for only $7!  The concessions are like half of what they would be at a normal movie theater too!  They only bad things are that it can get really really hot and sometimes it's hard to stay up until the end.  Because the last movie usually ends at like 2 A.M.  And for me there is still like a thirty to forty-five minute drive home.  Haha.  But all in all I really like the drive-in's!

I think the last Drive-in Movie I went to was in Millington Tennessee when I was going to Navy Tech School at NATTC Memphis in 1974. As I recall a bunch of buddies and I went to see the Jack Nicholson movie, "The Last Detail" (a good Navy "flick").

I also remember being at that drive-in when the Blue Angels flew in for an airshow the following day. Everyone there got to see most, if not all of their routine (the Drive-in was right outside the base) because they performed it before landing (it was at dust, just enough light for them and us to see).
coastman 
Posted: 05-Jul-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

I took two of my granddaughters age 5 & 11 to see Brave. We saw the 3-D version. I was pleasantly surprised. My wife and I enjoyed this movie. the granddaughters really enjoyed the movie especially the 3-D effects. I recommend it for all of the family.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 25-Jul-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I really liked the movie and managed to also pick up the soundtrack. Great songs on there. There are about five regular songs and the rest is all your basic soundtrack stuff-with a bit of Celtic thrown in. Artwork and stills from the pictures that are in the CD look great. Highly recommended. I'm a bit disappointed in the merchandising dept. There is almost nothing out there. In my town Kmart had two of the Merida dolls and that was it. Wal Mart had the poster. Can't even walk into Wally world without hitting Cars 2 toys. Is it too much trouble to see one "Brave" item? Notebook? Pens even? Target had the most stuff and the Disney store after that.
All well, hopefully that will change soon and there will be a Brave 2..
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 26-Jul-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

I preordered the Blue Ray/DVD from Amazon.com.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Jul-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,328 Gold!

Our review is in on Brave:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/news.php?item=1097

Highly recommended especially those that love to Scottish Culture on the big screen. Looking forward to Brave2? smile.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 29-Jul-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Some of the music from "Brave"

Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 31-Jul-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I've always enjoyed music that lifts the spirit. Right now Touch the Sky and Katy Perry's "Fireworks" are constantly being played in my CD player.
PMEmail Poster               
sarahmayespe 
Posted: 30-Jan-2013, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

female

I have yet to see this movie but it looked so cute by the previews! Listened to some of the music and it's pretty grand smile.gif gonna rent it this weekend and have a night in...

--------------------
~All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream~
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Feb-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I never like animated films!!! But ever since I have seen previews of this film and then it got a Golden Globe award, I have been wanting to see it!! Probably will buy the DVD, knowing me. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]