Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Fàilte Athdara! I'm so glad you found us here! Come on in and chat with us for a while! There's lots of great music and some of the nicest people you'll find anywhere on the net! So kick off your shoes and get comfy with us!

Welcome home my friend! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

I'd like to add my welcome to all three of you...Archangel 4, Ukkiltedguy and Athdara. So happy to meet you.

Achangel... Are you looking to change your profession or adding new skills to a present one? The thought of returning to school is a scary one for me. I keep thinking that I would like to take a few classes on computers or digital photography but I haven't done anything about it yet! rolleyes.gif

Ukkiltedguy..Three daughters??? blink.gif Hubby and I only had one and my husband used to say that he would rather raise 12 boys than one daughter. Of course our daughter is just like her dad.....what does that tell you? biggrin.gif (She is a mother herself now and such a joy to us!)

Athdara..You will find that there are several members here who have very unique pups. smile.gif I think that is one of the reasons we are all so wonderful here....we love our furry friends!! We even have a forum on our animals. Check it out when you get a chance. I have never been to Nova Scotia, however, my parents lived there when they were first married and it is on my "to go" places. When you open your pub, I will join you for a root beer! wink.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 25-Apr-2005, 09:59 AM)
Welcome Archangel!

(you know, someone is bound to smack your avatar with a rolled up newspaper sooner or later!!!    wacko.gif )

That someone would be ME... I hate spiders really hate them. But I am glad you are here Archangel4. I used to live in Minneapolis...I was back to visit last summer, still growing. Love the Mall of America.. I make sure I see it everytime I go back.. Any way welcome to you!

Athdara welcome to you. I hope you enjoy the music and the people here on the forum.
ukkiltedguy. welcome to the forum. Sounds like your hands are full....enjoy the music. The people here are wonderful.

I will be looking forward to learning more about all of you..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Cormak 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 03:24 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

Hello to all!!!
I'm italian and my English is bad!
You have patience tongue.gif
Bye!! cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Archangel4 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

male

Hello to Everyone!

In reply to Rindy: I'm sorry you feel that way about spiders; however, it is understandable. I appreciate them mainly for their predatorial aspects, i.e., they get rid of the other pests. Not that my house is full of spiders, now! biggrin.gif

And thank you for your welcome Blue Grass Lady. We just had a musical treat at the college where I work in the form of Monroe Crossing, a bluegrass group. And to answer your question about my career aspirations, I am a mid-life career changer. I am going to school so I can get into the field of Archival Science, which is somewhat similar to a librarian. That's the short answer, anyway. I am, what you might call, an information geek, and must have my daily fix you know. nerd.gif

I am not a native Minnesotan, but hail from Texas, though Arizona is my emotional home.

--------------------
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Carl Jung
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Welcome, Cormack. So glad you have found our happy site! Hope you post often. It will be a pleasure to get to chat with you. Enjoy yourself! smile.gif

Archangel....Archival Science. Mmmmm...please go into more detail. It sounds like it could be about ancient books and writings. Very intriguing!! wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Apr-2005, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Cormak welcome to Celtic Radio!!! I will be patient... smile.gif

Archangel- you sound so knowledgeable is that a word? LOL no really you sound like you have a wonderful job..I hope I didn't offend you in anyway with the spiders..

Enjoy the music and the forums here..
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Welcome to all the new members! Hope you all enjoy it here and hope to see you in the different forums.

Archangel4, I live in Arizona and when I lived away from here, it was always my emotional home. So glad to be back here. Have you lived or been here before? I am battling scorpions right now! Eeek! Hope you like those if you ever want to live here. biggrin.gif

WizardofOwls 
Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello Cormak! Welcome to CelticRadio! I'm so glad you found us! The music is wonderful here, and some of the nicest people anywhere on the net come here to chat with us! I look forward to getting to know you!

Welcome to the family, my friend! smile.gif
Cormak 
Posted: 02-May-2005, 05:12 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

Thanks to all! smile.gif smile.gif
The radio is beautiful..I often listen!!
PMEmail Poster               
Archangel4 
Posted: 02-May-2005, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

male

To CelticRose:

Yes, I have lived in Flagstaff and Page; I graduated high school in Page, Class of '75. I would like to relocate to Flagstaff someday. yes.gif Whereabouts do you hale from in the Sunshine State (Or is that Florida? I can never keep that straight?)?
PMEmail Poster               
Archangel4 
Posted: 02-May-2005, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

male

To BluegrassLady:

Mmmmm..yes, archives can be very intriguing! In fact, they can be downright stimulating!

dribble.gif

To put it simply, archivists establish and maintain control over records which have recognized enduring value. This control often takes the form of intellectual and physical control. (It really IS about control! flex.gif ). There is always the issue of assemblage and the further description of said records in accordance with accepted practices of course. The amount of material is normally small by definition since what is being maintained has been esteemed of significant historical value, enough to be preserved over a long, long period of time.

Enough blather! Thanks for inquiring!
PMEmail Poster               
Archangel4 
Posted: 02-May-2005, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

male

To Rindy1202:

Me, knowledgeable? lol.gif Thanks. But I wonder what made you say that? And no, I wasn't the least offended. I am equipped with the finest of thick rhino hide.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]