Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Favorite Place To Shop For Clothes At?

Where do you do your shopping?
High end department stores (Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Regular department stores (Sears, Kohl's, JC Penney) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Major discount stores (Wal-Mart, K Mart, Target) [ 7 ]  [58.33%]
Plus-sized mens'/womens' stores (Casual Male, Lane Bryant) [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
Specialty/boutique stores (too many to name) [ 3 ]  [25.00%]
Locally-owned mens'/womens' stores [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
MDF3530 
  Posted on 30-Jun-2003, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Just wondering...

Being a somewhat large man, I'm between the department stores and the big & tall mens' stores. I need to seriously work on losing my gut. Until then, I'll say the plus-sized stores.

Just the other day, I had to buy a pair of shoes for the first time at Casual Male. I have purchased several pairs of pants and a shirt from them. I tried several places (including four different Kohl's-they're usually pretty good about keeping big shoes in stock), but nobody had anything that looked good to fit my size 13EEEE feet.

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 30-Jun-2003, 02:22 PM

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 01-Jul-2003, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

Being the wee goth I am I usually shop in the net or in those wee wee shops with medieval clothing etc.. I found a class A shop in Glasgow with Antiques and Victorian Style clothing I like alot, too.
And I like all those leather shops.. once in an attack of spending money I got them making a leather corsage for me smile.gif I love that thing

Also I shop alot of stuff in the side-stands of Metal Festivals...
I got no real shopping routine tho... when I'm out and I see something I like and I have enough money with me I just buy it =)

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted on 01-Jul-2003, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

I shop any place thatg has nice/cool stuff... I wear pretty much anything and everything... from Sweaters, to stretch vinyl, and anything in between... to many years of playing in heavy metal/goth bands I guess... I guess I don't really have any defining style.... just depends on my mood,and what club/pub I'm going to.... LOL!

not to mention the T-shirt collection.... Bands, comicbook, celtic, you name it, I probobly have a t shirt for it.... laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by barddas on 01-Jul-2003, 08:17 AM

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
RavenWing 
Posted on 01-Jul-2003, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

I am a full figured gal, so I tend to shop at Lane Bryant, but I have been dissatisfied with them lately. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit my personaity, so I am trying to learn how to sew my own. I have gone form the total grunge look to the goth look (which I still hold onto somewhat) to the country look to the gauzy indian dresses. I like so much stuff that I can't make up my mind. I will say one thing, I have never been condsidered "hip". dry.gif

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted on 01-Jul-2003, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

I HATE SHOPPING!!!!! When we are set up at a festival and I start getting a wee bit ripe, I reach into the bins and pull out another t-shirt. Therefore, I have a lot of t-shirts but they are nearly all the same. Pants all come from the factory outlets. I know what I want and head in and out in record time. Could say that I'm a typical male!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted on 01-Jul-2003, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

I look at what others are wearing on the street to determine what I truly like. If I see something that I like, I'll politely walk-up to the person on the street, inquire as to where they got the article, and then kill them and take their clothes.
biggrin.gif

Okay... I really shop wherever. Here in Philly, there are a TON of outlets for the "big name" stores, with pricing like the discounts. Since there are so many knitting mills around, we get clothes pretty cheap. Therefore, I get mine all over the place.
cool.gif

I don't know what category you want to put the manufacturers in... but that's my "final answer, Regis".

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted on 02-Jul-2003, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (Keltic @ Jul 1 2003, 04:24 PM)
I HATE SHOPPING!!!!! When we are set up at a festival and I start getting a wee bit ripe, I reach into the bins and pull out another t-shirt. Therefore, I have a lot of t-shirts but they are nearly all the same. Pants all come from the factory outlets. I know what I want and head in and out in record time. Could say that I'm a typical male!

Typical male thing, I agree! I love shopping, especially clothes, shoes handbags, jewelry, make-up and those little silky unmentionables! wink.gif I do like Levi jeans.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
brettzky42 
Posted on 02-Jul-2003, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacWillow

male

Okay, this is shameless, but....I DO ALL OF MY CLOTHES SHOPPING AT USAKILTS!!!!!!!

--------------------
Brett
"I drink whiskey with me whiskey, and water with me water."

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted on 02-Jul-2003, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

I'm no slave to twenty-first century fashion. My work clothes are purchased mail-order from Galls in Kentucky (they specialize in law-enforcement / security / EMS stuff). During summer T-shirts and jeans are good enough. During winter I gravitate toward Pendleton's shirts and pants, 'cause I love to play in the snow, but don't necessarily like to get cold in the process.

In my hobby as a living historian, I am a bit slavish toward eighteenth century fashion. I'm a passable tailor and make nearly all my own historical stuff.

Here's a pic:

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted on 03-Jul-2003, 01:46 AM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

Alright Swanny! Looking quite the fashion statement. Did you say that was your High School reunion?
biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Written WITHOUT a self picture of my rapidly graying head!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
free2Bme 
Posted on 03-Jul-2003, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Well, given my crappy job that I do, I don't dare wear anything nice or new - they will just be ruined anyways. So I buy all of my stuff at yard sales and thrift stores. Where other people wear "Tommy" and "Gucci" labels, mine all say Goodwill! biggrin.gif

You know you are a re-enactor however, when your historical clothing closet has more clothes than your regular closet, and they are way nicer and of much higher quality than your every day stuff! I do medieval events (SCA not Renfairre), and have accumulated some very pretty gowns, corsets, and jewelry...

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted on 03-Jul-2003, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

QUOTE (free2Bme @ Jul 3 2003, 05:03 AM)
You know you are a re-enactor however, when your historical clothing closet has more clothes than your regular closet, and they are way nicer and of much higher quality than your every day stuff! I

Ain't that the truth.
PMEmail Poster               
pawnman 
Posted on 03-Jul-2003, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Dayton, OH

I tend to do my clothes shopping at Meijer, Walmart, etc...That way I don't have to make a separate trip for Mt.Dew, Fritos, etc. For me, shopping for clothes is like shopping for anything else. I usually go for jeans and t-shirts. I do have a couple of suits for job interviews, and some nicer "business" clothes, but I try to wear jeans whenever possible.

--------------------

RPG: pseudonymn: Kent
Real name: Jonathon? (maybe, maybe not...I'm not gonna give it away in my siggy!!)
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted on 03-Jul-2003, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

Lane Bryant is getting too expensive for the quality, so I have ended up at Wal-Mart, Meijer and Target here lately myself. The problem is most of the stuff is either "too old" or "too young" there is no in between. I have been gettinng some Lands End catalogues here lately and I like what I see, so I may be getting a good chunk of my clothes from thee once the ones I have wear out. I never realize how much I have until it's time to do laundry. biggrin.gif I am going to have to adopt the "quality over quantity" additude.
PMEmail Poster               
Madweasel 
Posted on 03-Jul-2003, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

female

I'm like Swanny and Free2B... My closet is, for the majority, living in the 19th century. U.S. Civil War reenactor here. (BTW, looking snazzy there Swanny!) There are times I wish I was a guy - it's easier to explain wool pants and button-on braces in the wintertime, than it is to explain the corset and the stripey flannel petticoat!

A couple of years ago I gained some weight, the result of being cooped up for two months following knee surgery. Nothing to do but eat, work at the computer and no vigorous exercise will tend to do that. rolleyes.gif Anyway, I'm *still* trying to lose the weight. Meantime, I'm at an odd size. Borderline "regular" and "plus" size. To make matters worse, the Gap stopped making the jeans I used to wear. I bought the same style, the No. 9s for close to 10 years. I have always hated shopping for jeans, so when I finally found a size/style that worked, I would always buy that. Recently my denim purgatory was lifted, and I managed to find a good fit. Ironically I got them at LLBean; I almost never shop catalogue (unless it's for computer stuff).

Since I'm self-employed (computer programmer) and do most of my work from my home office, I tend to dress like a slob most days. Jeans and T-shirts are my usual attire, except when I go to a client's site.

-Madweasel

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think."

--------------------
The Madweasel

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think. "
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]