Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I'm Back, Kinda, Couldn't resist the Heather Dale album..
Annabelle 
Posted: 01-May-2004, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Do you feel better now Silver?

Get some rest a couple of beers and all will be well again!
Take Care

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
silverdragon 
Posted: 01-May-2004, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

Will do, Annabelle. I'm already feeling better, or I couldn't have done a Genesis parody. tongue.gif What I would have said yesterday... well, MacFive wouldn't have permitted it. Meanwhile, Mari Linville, my production assistant, has sent me these production stills. Check 'em out!

"Enroute to Agincourt" Production Stills

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-May-2004, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Whoa! silverdragon! What a day and so forth! I would imagine it would be very stressful behind the scenes on a film project. I think it is all very exciting but sure wouldn't want all that stress. But the rewards must be more than worth it when you see the final project on screen! I always think of Peter Jackson when he had Gandalf and Aragorn do one scene over and over about 20 or so times until they got it to where he was happy! He wanted just the right expression to go with the line! Awesome! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
silverdragon 
Posted: 02-May-2004, 12:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ May 1 2004, 08:13 PM)
Whoa! silverdragon! What a day and so forth! I would imagine it would be very stressful behind the scenes on a film project. I think it is all very exciting but sure wouldn't want all that stress. But the rewards must be more than worth it when you see the final project on screen!  I always think of Peter Jackson when he had Gandalf and Aragorn do one scene over and over about 20 or so times until they got it to where he was happy! He wanted just the right expression to go with the line! Awesome!  thumbs_up.gif

Well, it IS stressful. But long ago I was told that stress is excitement if one only looks at it correctly. It's also way cool. Yes, I was totally in charge, the buck stopped with me. I went to a real Hollywood costume house and rented my armor. I bought film and editing supplies. Vendors treated me with total respect, because even though I'm a student, I'm In The Industry. All I want is SOMEONE ELSE to whom to delegate the &*()& film, or alternatively, a video camera. My video project last semester was also stressful, but nowhere near the risk level just loading the camera!

Now, the luxury of ordering 20 takes, that would be nice. "Andrew, this time would you please be just a bit more threatening? And Mike, add just a bit of contempt to that astonishment. All right, gentlemen, let's try again." I could really get into that...

I've been told that there are two kinds of directors: the cinematography kind, who are into composition and photography, and the actor kind who enjoy working with the story and the actors. I am definitely type two.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-May-2004, 12:42 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

REally? So there are the two kinds, eh? I always just assumed they all went with #2. Shows you how much I know! A lot more challenge to have to deal with people, I tell you! Or you could tell me! biggrin.gif
silverdragon 
Posted: 02-May-2004, 12:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

offtopic.gif CelticRose, has your avatar been changing rapidly lately? I like the Galadriel look...
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-May-2004, 01:22 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (silverdragon @ May 2 2004, 01:45 AM)
offtopic.gif CelticRose, has your avatar been changing rapidly lately? I like the Galadriel look...

Yes, I am going through an identity crisis! laugh.gif I want to be Galadriel so bad, even though I look nothing like her. But she is my very favorite character of LOTR! And I LOVED this photo of her. this small avatar does not do justice at all! I like the Galadriel look too! Thanks!
silverdragon 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ May 1 2004, 10:42 PM)
REally? So there are the two kinds, eh? I always just assumed they all went with #2. Shows you how much I know!  A lot more challenge to have to deal with people, I tell you! Or you could tell me!  biggrin.gif

Depends on what you like. A LOT of directors/filmmakers are into the composition/visual art aspects of movies (exCUSE me, cinema biggrin.gif ) and talk a lot about framing, contrast, mise en scene, and other stuff that you could do with mannequins... many of my classmates are focused that way. They want to become cinematographers or editors and then move into directing, which is one of the traditional career paths. The other path is via writing/producing which is where the more story-oriented folks come from.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Went to see The Alamo yesterday! Wish you could have been there with me to talk about the inner makings of the film, the actor's techniques, etc., I love that kind of stuff. However, you are not allowed to say anything bad about Jason Patric as he is my favorite actor...... laugh.gif
silverdragon 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Well, not about Jason Patric in particular, but about actors in general: they complain about their shoes. When the director has just chewed them out, they will say, "It's these shoes! I'm in agony here! How could anyone give a decent performance in these shoes?" So the wardrobe person will take the shoes away, do NOTHING, and return them sometime later. The actor will put them on and say, "Oh yes, that's much better! Thank you!" And the wardrobe person will go away and snicker about actors...
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (silverdragon @ May 3 2004, 06:06 PM)
Well, not about Jason Patric in particular, but about actors in general: they complain about their shoes. When the director has just chewed them out, they will say, "It's these shoes! I'm in agony here! How could anyone give a decent performance in these shoes?" So the wardrobe person will take the shoes away, do NOTHING, and return them sometime later. The actor will put them on and say, "Oh yes, that's much better! Thank you!" And the wardrobe person will go away and snicker about actors...

Shoes?! eek.gif well I heard Billy Bob Thornton say that in the making of this Alamo film that he felt bad that he was sitting in a director's chair with a capachino while the extras, all re-enactors, were all camping out! It is an amazing film....I though!

did I tell you I will be at the Kodak theatre in August to see The Corrs in concert? My sister and I are going to go. Wish we could do more but mother is already complaining about what is going to happen to her when we are gone for that evening! Sheesh! There is so much I wish my sister and I could do while in Hollywood! Been years since I have been there and I am sure it has changed a lot.
silverdragon 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Amazing what people will do to be involved with movies... camp out, stand on ladders in bushes, deal with unexposed film, blame problems on shoes, put up with people who blame problems on shoes.. wink2.gif
PMEmail Poster                
silverdragon 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ May 3 2004, 03:15 PM)
did I tell you I will be at the Kodak theatre in August to see The Corrs in concert? My sister and I are going to go. Wish we could do more but mother is already complaining about what is going to happen to her when we are gone for that evening! Sheesh! There is so much I wish my sister and I could do while in Hollywood! Been years since I have been there and I am sure it has changed a lot.

The Corrs, eh? I'm planning on being down in Long Beach that day, listening to Wolfstone, Wicked Tinkers, and Gaelic Storm....
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh Silverdragon! I believe the concert is August 14th for The Corrs in Hollywood! I am going to see The Wicked Tinkers in concert on July 17th up in Flagstaff, Arizona. I have since purchased Wolfstone's very latest CD.

What a great concert you are going to have seeing all those folks! Wowee! thumbs_up.gif
Annabelle 
  Posted: 03-May-2004, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Wow you both have some great music to go to this year. I am pure jealous of you both. I hope you have a terrific time and let us all know how it went afterwards if you don't mind. We'd love to hear your opinion of those concerts.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]