Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Save Net Radio Coalition, Help Save Internet Radio!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,706 Gold!

The Chairman of the House Commerce Committee has summoned representatives from the webcasting and recording industries.

Within the hour, the group will meet in attempt to broker a settlement that would relieve webcasters from the devastating royalty rates set to go into effect on Sunday.

Will keep you informed of any breakin updates as we receive them. We are definitely on a roller-coaster ride.

Everyone must continue to call their Congressperson. Keep calling and you can call more than once to tell them to put this to a vote on the floor of congress.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I'm not going to let myself get started on a rant!

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Dear gods. Start prayin' kids....looks like we need it.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I have contacted my representative at least 4 times and did so again tonight. He will have it first thing in the morning. I doubt this started in the community of Celtic musicians but all will have to suffer. GOOD LUCK with the negotiations.

Slaìnte   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
LadyJeanetta 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Librarian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Vernon Hills, IL, USA

female

Saying a prayer and phoning my reps... Don't know what good it'll do, but I'm certainly not going to go quietly.

--------------------
~~Jenny~~

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea is asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace; we've got work to do!"--Doctor Who, "Survival"
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,706 Gold!

The realization about it all finally hit me today. I have been putting off coming to terms with the magnitude of the royalty increase. Certainly Live365 will need to increase their broadcast fees to something that is complete outrageous and out of our small budget.

Please have your friends, family call and focus on Congress. That is what we are being told to focus our efforts on.

Like I said, I threw away the script and told them about Celtic Radio. The hundreds of artists, the music that is not heard on local stations, the economics of us spending money on hardware, postage, shirts, software and graphics - we do contribute to the economy!

They seemed extremely interested in the fact of "Single Owned" webcasters like myself. If you do call, please stress to them that Celtic Radio is a small webcaster and needs the protection of the Internet Radio Equality Act.

As always I thank each and everyone one of your for your support!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,706 Gold!

Congressman Inslee Goes to the Floor for Internet Radio

Internet Radio Equality Act Original Cosponsor Speaks on Behalf of Legislation and
Webcasters Everywhere

WASHINGTON D.C. – Last night, Congressman Jay Inslee (WA-01), original cosponsor of the Internet Radio Equality Act, spoke on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives in support of his bill. He called on Congress to “fix this problem” and pledged to keep working toward a viable and fair solution.

Read the Full Text of Congressman Jay Inslee's speech:

http://www.savenetradio.org/press_room/pre...0711-inslee.pdf
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,706 Gold!

Please see other posts below - we are not out of the woods yet

I have just been informed that SOUNDEXCHANGE WILL NOT ENFORCE THE NEW ROYALTY RATES!!! This is the message that I am hearing about the special meeting today at Congress.

This is unbelievable news - the Copyright Board has been completely cut out of the picture.

This is a DIRECT RESULT OF YOUR CALLS! Thankyou all!

A complete reversal of what SoundExchange was stating at 5:00 today:
http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/07/breaki...ing-news-o.html

But don't stop, we still have to keep calling and expressing our views to Congresspeople. We have to have the Internet Radio Equalty Act passed so we never have to do this again.

I think the shipwreck of July15th has been avoided - but I will wait until I hear the full details.

Look at that, and people say the American people don't get politically involve and make a difference. Heck, we are all making a difference with each and every letter and call.

Just think what other issues we could effect with this type of political activness!!
haynes9 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Great news, Paul, and great going everyone! Let's not slack up now. Good stuff!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
rhatcher1313 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: United States

male

Excellent News !!! Don't forget, keep calling & writing to your congressmen, We have to have The Internet Radio Equality act passed. I have sent numerous letters & calls, will keep doing same... clap.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,706 Gold!

I agree - we need to keep calling - the Internet Radio Equality Act needs to be passed. This will allow Celtic Radio to grow in the future. At 7.5% of profit it opens the door to many opportunities for us.

But let me be clear - we must tell our congresspeople that this is for small webcasters - they should focus their efforts on small webcasters and not medium to large webcaster such as Yahoo, AOL or MSN.

Here is the first news article I have found that you might be interested in reading. There are alot of response to this article. Scroll down to see them!

http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/07/breaki...ing-news-o.html

thumbs_up.gif

beer_mug.gif
Sekhmet 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 09:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

I'm uncorking the chablis. Hot damn!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
merle 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Washington State

male

Holy Jesus! laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Too late at night to call now but I'll get tomorrow for sure-again. Remember this is Michigan reps are pretty slow on things.
Breaking out the mead anyway!

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Jul-2007, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

This is just FANTASTIC!!!! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders..I can't imagine how you feel Celtic Radio.....YES... I can't believe it...WOO HOO! thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]