Posted: 06-Aug-2008, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Thanks for your comments!

Sacred Heart is not a cathedral, just a regular church. I was reading a book I have called The Archdiocese of Chicago: A Journey of Faith, and it said that two of the stained glass windows (the ones of the Holy Family & of the Last Supper) were purchased by the parish from another church that had closed.

Rose, aren't some scorpion venoms fatal to humans? You were lucky to not get stung by one of them!

We had a double birthday celebration this past Sunday for my sister and niece. All of my BIL's immediate family were there, including his mother who has cancer. She seemed in good spirits. Also, my parents and I got to see the twin Russian babies my BIL's sister and her husband adopted. Jack and Owen are so cute (see my Flickr photostream for pics!). I sent some of them to my sister and had her forward them to her sister-in-law because I don't have their email address.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 07-Aug-2008, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Holy Cow! Scorpion bites now!! sad.gif
Be careful Rosie!!!

It's good you sold some artwork though.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Aug-2008, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Yeppers, scorpions! They are rampid ths time of year! One just has to learn how to deal with it, but this was my first time and I was a huge baby when one stung me! laugh.gif I was indeed stung by the infamous "bark scorpion" which is one of the most venomous of the lot. Plus it was small and the smaller in size, the most venomous.. sheesh! He hit me with full venom! I was in severe pain for 10-1/2 hours and it let up a wee bit but continued for 22 hours. Believe me, I counted it cause I was applying ice packs every 10 minutes! LOL

Mike, scorpions have not killed anyone in 40 years, but if you are allergic to them, they can be fatal. Poison control was on the phone with me to make sure I was not. In the meantime, thanks all for your feedback and concern!

My DH's birthday was last weekend and it was a big one. He had three birthday parties. He had a terrific time which is what we all wanted.

Football season has started and my hubby is in hog heaven right now. Plus, the summer olympic games! How high can a man go with all this?! laugh.gif

Talk to you all soon!

WallaceGal 
Posted: 10-Aug-2008, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

WOW! I missed a lot on vacation!

DR, I'm glad you're not allergic. At least the pain finally subsided and you're okay.

Summer Olympics...I was talking with friends and we decided the reason the women wear those skimpy, tiny suits playing volleyball is because TPTB are trying to make sure people actually watch it and what better way than to have the men interested in half naked women jumping up and down? laugh.gif

It certainly doesn't do anything for their ability to play at all!

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Aug-2008, 11:55 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hope this finds all doing well at this time.

My hubby finally got ourselves a wee bit of an iPod. It is the iPod shuffle and it is so cool. Both of us have our very own and we have both been walking around the house singing...to the other's none delight! bwahahahahha

j Padraig moore 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 10-Aug-2008, 08:47 AM)

Summer Olympics...I was talking with friends and we decided the reason the women wear those skimpy, tiny suits playing volleyball is because TPTB are trying to make sure people actually watch it and what better way than to have the men interested in half naked women jumping up and down?  laugh.gif

...and this is a problem how?

dribble.gif
PMEmail Poster               
WallaceGal 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 13-Aug-2008, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 10-Aug-2008, 08:47 AM)

Summer Olympics...I was talking with friends and we decided the reason the women wear those skimpy, tiny suits playing volleyball is because TPTB are trying to make sure people actually watch it and what better way than to have the men interested in half naked women jumping up and down?  laugh.gif

...and this is a problem how?

dribble.gif

Precisely my point! tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

My cousin Allistar in Dundee, his wife Lynda has an uncle who was a grounds keeper at Glamis for 40 odd years.

Camac.

WallaceGal 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

Camac,

Isn't that castle just so...cool? Someday I'll get there. I have one aunt left, the only family on my side. She lives in Dundee and I'd love to see here once more. I haven't seen her since I was a wee little girl so it's been a really, really long time!
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Wallacegal;

I visited Glamis last October and yeah its cool. I have some pictures but I can't download them to this site as they are to big.

Camac.

gwenlee 
Posted: 16-Aug-2008, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Well I have just spent the past four days in the hospital recovering from diverticulitis. I feel a whole lot better now. But I still have bouts of nausea and just plain feeling blah!!! I can't every remember feeling this bad.

Other than that life is good. I guess the good Lord was saying slow down.

DR: my kids got me an i-Pod shuffle and I like mine. I got a purple one. And then my hunny got me a digital photo thing to show off my pictures.

I guess I will go and try to sleep. I am having a hard time going to sleep because of my medication.

Have a good week everyone

WallaceGal 
Posted: 17-Aug-2008, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

Gwenlee, I'm glad to hear you're back home and recovering!! What an insidious thing to have. I understand. Take care of yourself and don't overdo!

Camac, can you post those photos to imageshack or photobucket? I'd love to see them!
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 17-Aug-2008, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (DesertRose @ 05-Aug-2008, 03:45 AM)
...I got stung by a bark scorpion  I believe he hit me with as much venom as he could cause I was in severe throbbing pain for 10-1/2 hours.  The pain itself did not go away for close to 22 hours.  I was in great misery..at least I thought I was!  I felt like such a baby! LOL

On a positive note, I sold three pieces of artwork in the past week!

Rose! Bless your heart, dealing with tiny monsters like that. Congrats on the art sales. I had one too... got $4.00 for the sale of a print at Tallulah Gallery. rolleyes.gif Oh well, summer is slow up there but business picks up at the Tallulah Gorge in autumn so the gallery sees more visitors and sales then too.

Gwen, I've heard diverticulitis is really painful - glad to hear you're feeling better.

This post has been edited by Siobhan Blues on 19-Aug-2008, 08:57 AM

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 17-Aug-2008, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 10-Aug-2008, 09:47 AM)
Summer Olympics...I was talking with friends and we decided the reason the women wear those skimpy, tiny suits playing volleyball is because TPTB are trying to make sure people actually watch it and what better way than to have the men interested in half naked women jumping up and down? laugh.gif

Oooh, I ranted about that - it seemed like every time I turned on the television during the Olympics, those stick-figure girls in bikinis were playing volleyball.

Then finally I caught a game with guys playing, and mad.gif what were they wearing??? Baggy shorts and tank tops! I jumped to my feet, swore angrily, and bellowed "Noooo, if I have to put up with chicks in bikinis, those boys have to wear SPEEDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

mad1.gif

wink.gif SB
PM               
MDF3530 
Posted: 18-Aug-2008, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (DesertRose @ 12-Aug-2008, 11:55 PM)
Hope this finds all doing well at this time.

My hubby finally got ourselves a wee bit of an iPod. It is the iPod shuffle and it is so cool. Both of us have our very own and we have both been walking around the house singing...to the other's none delight! bwahahahahha

Rose,

I hope you're enjoying your iPod shuffle. I listen to mine quite a bit, like right now at the library walkman.gif biggrin.gif ! I take it along when I go for a walk. It is small enough to conceal either in a pocket or with a shirttail, and I don't use the headphones that came with it, so it just looks like I'm listening to a Walkman or CD player.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]