Highlander 
Posted: 17-Nov-2003, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

What is happening here? We are under threat of attack from unknown intruders and the gates are being thrown wide open to anyone that approches them. Other than the Ranger and I, be there no one to guard the gates? We can protect from outside but nay from with-in... Where's that darn bladesmith? wacko.gif wacko.gif

--------------------
Highlander, 2004

"Fortune favors the Daring"
Neither draw me without cause, nor return me without honour
Clan MacKinnon
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 17-Nov-2003, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Perhaps you could say, I'm a good judge of Character. wink.gif Is there any reason I shouldn't trust you? Speak now, for I'd like to now.

I, as do most here at Highlander Castle, don't live my life for fear; rather for hospitality, and fellowship. Our enemies are few, if at all, and the best way to know who they are, is to have them right under your nose. Or should I say thumb? If you've got reason for hosility, stand before me and show it. That's what I say. If you lock the doors, they'll just come in the back way, where we won't see them coming.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 17-Nov-2003, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

I've been reading the Loch Innis Codex for a few days. If any of you have tried to read one of these things, you'd know just how confusing they can be. Not really a tale, not really a creed. It's more of a key to something most often forgotten about over the generations. This would be one of those forgotten codes.

I have to say that for the first few books, the pattern of the codex was fully hidden from me. It just seemed to be the random prattling of some scribe. It wasn't until I found myself whistling while I read that I saw the code. As I hummed my tune, it took on it's own melody, nothing that I had heard or sang before. Then the connection became clear. This isn't just a language codex, it's a bardic codex.

And not just a music book either. There doesn?t appear to be any real songs in here but for a few full pieces I noticed in the last section of the tome. No, it?s more a guide to writing or understanding the music. There?s more to this than meets the eye. Things are far from making much sense, but I am getting closer. I know there?s a reason for such an elaborate and extensive account of simple music making. It?ll take a while, but I?ll see the answer before long.

This tome has breathed new life into the tired man I?ve become. Perhaps the name itself is making me old.

PMEmail Poster               
MacErca 
Posted: 17-Nov-2003, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Highlander

A sword you want is it? I have just the thing, a real beauty, it?s a wonder it is to behold, 512 layers of an unearthly metal that this world has ner seen.

It started two winters ago I was returning from the southern regions traveling at night, when my eyes beheld a strange glow coming from the east, I looked up just in time to see a fireball falling from the sky, just before it struck the ground the thing split apart, and from what I could tell, the light given was green and the other part was blue. I followed the path that it took and to my wonder there in the ground were the two pieces, I stayed just long enough to let them cool then picked them up and tried to place them in my sack but they seem to repel each other, so one I placed in the sack and the other I placed on my travois.
When I returned I started to work on the metal from the sky, ner in my days of stoking the forge have I ever had to have so hot a fire, the heat was so intense that my apprentice passed out from exhaustion, but never the less on I toiled, it was strange but the way that I judged the temperature was correct was that the two pieces of metal just seemed to jump back together, then came the forging and drawing out of the metal, every time I returned the metal to the fire you could here strange sounds coming from the forge, I hammered and twisted until I had 512 layers of this sky stone, then came the quenching, it took all the brine solution in my tank, almost as if it was drinking it up. Finally I was finished, or so I thought, I set the new sword down and fell asleep from utter exhaustion, late that night I awoke by a strange sound, the sword seemed to be buzzing I just shook it off as a dream, but one thing that I noticed in my dream was that it had greenish-blue glow.

The next morning I retrieved a special piece of oak that one of the forest people had given me, with great care I hollowed out the center and placed it on the sword for the handle, now all I needed was a piece of leather to wrap it with, it was just then that my apprentice came to me and reminded me of the shard of dragon skin that a knight had traded me so long ago. Then came the testing I found out that it would cleanly slice through a large timber like it was butter, then I tried it on some old armor and it too was cleanly split in two, funny thing was when it touched the metal of the armor, the buzzing and the glow intensified.

Just then one of the forest people suddenly appeared out of the forest and asked me to come out to him, he was a small kinda feller, white hair and pointed ears, still can?t get over those ears, oh well he told me that I had made something special that would be used in the fight of the darkness to come, and that I should name it Dragonstrike.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 18-Nov-2003, 01:35 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

A'shante... I am Angel Whitefang more lovingly reffered to as Rider. I am the Keeper of the Dragons.....yes Dragons, Dragons of every shape, size and breed. I live in the dungeon of Highlander Castle. I am disturbed less by being down here far from the rest of the world. I come when I am needed. Nemarth is the Queen Dragon of the Larger which reside in the cliffs and hillsides surrounding the castle. Don't be frighted when you see a tiny Dragon clinging to my ear, That is Rahshah he is the Masterof the smaller ones. I am never without him. If you should see small dragons fliting around the castle don't be alarmed they are simply saying hello to you. They know you can be trusted if you don't ever see one...*shrugs*. I do not Control them persay.........I hold the Title of High Dragon Master, They do as I request. If you should be of knowledge or are just curious about me and my Dragons or the Dragon Magick Ask oldraven or Aaediwin how to get to me. OldRaven holds the only map to the castle.

" Yes yes Rahshah, I'm going. I have heard Nemarths request to come to the forest, apparently there have been people who have recieved Dragon Burn"

*grabbing my healing bag & flipping my cape around me I set off for the forest village to do some healing and to find the menace*
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
oldraven 
Posted: 18-Nov-2003, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

I think it's about time I started scribing that map. There's obviously a need for it of late. So many newcomers that I'll expect to see a few lost souls roaming the corridors.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 18-Nov-2003, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Might be a good idea =)

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Highlander 
Posted: 19-Nov-2003, 12:17 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

Macerca, I would mightily love to hold that fine sounding sword, would you mind bringing it out to me, for as you know I step with-in no walls, for if I do it would be the death of my, according to the bard of our clan...
PMEmail Poster               
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 19-Nov-2003, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

I have heard of these firedrakes. They are revered in my land. Some are used to pass messages back and forth between clans.

My bow and sword are always available to those in need. I will defend the castle against any who have evil intentions.

I seek a lone ranger in the mountains. Some have said that he is dark at night and hair as white as snow. If you should hear of this one, please let me know.

Liriel

--------------------
Ciarda Lili

Always live for today.

Growing old is mandatory -- Growing up is optional.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 19-Nov-2003, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

*lays out a parchment and picks up the quill*

Lady Rider,

Could we call upon you to assist us with the Firedrake? He's been hiding in a cave in the mountains, coming out every so often to wreak havoc on the small villages nearby.

If you have the power of persuasion with these creatures, perhpas you could find out where the master would be. Never have I heard of a dragon of this breed be outright violent, without instigation. And to travel so far, he must be under some sort of hex.

Highlander, with Dragonstrike, would be a match for the Drake, but if there is a way to end this without bloodshed, and uncover our true enemy, by all means help us out.

Sincerely, and hopefuly in your debt
Labban.

*seals with wax and gives it to the messenger boy*

"By all means, be quick about it. No dawdling with the chaimbermaids this time." Catching a look of panick in the boys face. "Yes, I thought so. Here's a copper for your mother. Tell her the eggs are the best in the Northern Reaches."
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 19-Nov-2003, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

*levitates up the stair well to the top Dungeon door*
*setting down on the top flag stone I reach out for the door. It is opened before I can open it my self a young man stands before me, bows and hands me a message scroll*

Thank you....what is your name again?
*looks at the young man, seeing that he is shaking I smile gently*

Relax young one, they will not hurt you.

*looking down I notice the seal of Labban, Opening it quickly I read silently*

Lady Rider,

Could we call upon you to assist us with the Firedrake? He's been hiding in a cave in the mountains, coming out every so often to wreak havoc on the small villages nearby.

If you have the power of persuasion with these creatures, perhpas you could find out where the master would be. Never have I heard of a dragon of this breed be outright violent, without instigation. And to travel so far, he must be under some sort of hex.

Highlander, with Dragonstrike, would be a match for the Drake, but if there is a way to end this without bloodshed, and uncover our true enemy, by all means help us out.

Sincerely, and hopefuly in your debt
Labban.

*Looks up at the boy*
A FireDrake? Hmmm I see
*Hands him a Gold Coin* Thank you son, now be on your way.

*claps my hands together and disappears*

*Appears standing before Labban*

Labban, I will help as I can. I must heal the wounded first, Then I shall go to the Drake. This makes no sense why he would be so far away from his own realm.

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
MacErca 
Posted: 19-Nov-2003, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Highlander
It would be an honor to come out and meet with you, as well I understand, your postistion. Only meet with me in the grove of oaks down in the glen, then you shall behold Dragonstrike and begin to understand why the forest people put such hope in this weapon from the stars. At that time I shall tell you and only you what the Seelie Court and the underground realm of the Tuatha revealed to me about the sword, mayhaps if we are lucky we might even entertain a visit from Gloren the head of the Tuatha, for there is so much more that needs to be revealed about Dragonstrike.
oldraven 
Posted: 21-Nov-2003, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Damn. This floor plan is much more detailed than I could have ever imagined. And there seem to be great sections of solid rock all throughout the castle, at least three men wide in places. What poor use of space. Whoever the architect was, he was surely a fool.
PMEmail Poster               
MacErca 
Posted: 21-Nov-2003, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Labban

Have you seen the Highlander? I received a note from him stating that he would like to see Dragonsrtike, I had set up a meeting down in the glen where the Nemeton or the sacred grove of oaks stand.

I went there this morning and have been waiting most of the day, perhaps he has been called away on urgent matters.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 21-Nov-2003, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

*staggers into the room, tired from walking*

Ahhh, a roof! Been out and about the last few days trying to find out more about the firedrakes. It seems that in a town called Brisan, a few days journey to the west of here, they are hunting the firedrakes for sport. According to tales I encountered, the likeness of firedrake talons, scales, or teeth are common symbols of one's social position.

*pulls a parchment from his cloak*

Labban, what do you make of this?

*rolls the parchmant out on the table, covered in a strange text. The characters of which began burning as the parchment unrolled, yet the parchment was not consumed*

A fellow I met gave this to me when he heard I was inquiring of the firedrakes, said he got it on a visit to Brisan earlier this year. The text appears to be some strange dialect, but it's the characters themselves which got my attention. Don't read it near anything flammable.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]