Darby 
Posted: 03-Mar-2007, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Virginia

female

I like blue. . . cobalt or electric to be exact. Not sure whether make me an anal retentive son of a gun or a moody one unsure.gif

--------------------
"If you pray for a Cadillac and God sends you a jack-ass, ride it." Anon
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 17-Mar-2007, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

COLOR=MediumPurple]
OOOOHHHH! Purple - I'm definitely a purple. Well, okay, some of it is me.

Purple
Purple is the color of spirituality.
Purple personalities are always striving to be better than they consider themselves to be, both on a spiritual, emotional and a mental plane.
Needing more knowledge, they become avid readers. Trying to become what they think they should be, they search their own lives and the lives of others to find the answers.
The study of all religions make them feel as if they are accomplishing something bigger than themselves in life. A good theological discussion is right up their alley.
Wanting to help as many souls as they can, they are more than willing to give you the benefit of their education. Trying to achieve perfection, they seem to struggle with themselves more than most because they tend to be so critical of themselves.
The muted shades of purple can be religious zealots who know what God wants for themselves as well as everyone else. In their way of thinking, they are the ones put here to enforce religion for God. These people can be just a little frightening when they start searching for their holy grail.
The deeper shades of purple show someone working hard to find inner peace and love not only of their fellow man and themselves but of a higher power who many consider God.
Purple personalities make good friends because they always give first of themselves. Generally they do not ask much for themselves but some negative purples could be self martyred. This comes from the fact that when
they do finally ask for something from a friend, they may do so in such a way as the person they are asking did not understand.
When they do not receive the item which they requested, they turn silent and think of themselves as the only one who works in the relationship, thereby becoming the martyrs they think themselves to be.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
pflanary 
Posted: 21-May-2007, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Southwest VA (Lee Co.

female

My favorite color is yellow for sunshine. Purple is a very close second. Reading the descriptions above I seem to be purple and green. Green may not be my general favorite color but it is the color I prefer for painting the interior of my house and I crave green surroundings--mountains, hills, fields--that's why I love living where I do.

I don't know where to get the description for yellow. If someone would either get it for me or tell me where to get it, I'd appreciate it.

--------------------
God then made man. The Italians for their beauty. The French for their cuisine. The Welsh for their voices. The Germans for their cars. And on and on until He looked at what He had created and said, "This is all very well, but no-one is having fun. I'll have to make an Irishman."
PMEmail Poster               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 05:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

OK - here goes -

My favorites are
Purple
Cobalt Blue
Aqua
Emerald Green
Bright Pink
Black

These are the colors that dominate my wardrobe and surroundings.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 09-Aug-2007, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

My favorite color is brown, but it wasn't on the list so I went with my second fav which is black

Black
Black is one of the most beautiful colors and yet it is the absence of color too. It is the color of detail. Black personalities want every thing done in detail. They are good at statistics and make good accountants. Internal Revenue Service agents probably like this color.

If a job needs finishing, these are the people to finish it. These personalities need leaders, though, to tell them what needs to be done.
Under guidance, they are able to get to the crux of the matter and solve very large problems. When put in a position to find the mistakes of others, they are right at home.

They like puzzles, and finding others' mistakes brings out their tenacious spirits. Black personalities will sometimes intentionally find mistakes just so that they can repair them.

This color is one of holding things inside. When one wears black, they do not want to be touched. Putting a barrier between themselves and others is the purpose of this color.

Black is a relief color for most people, like "Mom's apple pie". It makes them feel comfortable and even, in some cases, makes them feel smaller, allowing them to hide from the sometimes cruel world.

That is a scary analysis though, I love statistics and I am minoring in accounting. I would love to become a forensic accountant who goes around uncovering pieces of a larger puzzle of fraud...hmmm
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Donajhi 
Posted: 10-Aug-2007, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

My favorite colours are in my plaid, blue and green.

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 10-Dec-2007, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Blue
Blue is an emotional color. People with a blue personality stay within themselves and do not trust people very much. They watch every move others make.
Pale shades of blue show someone who wants everything in order. Their closet is immaculate. They know where any piece of clothing is and most likely how long it will take them to get it out of the closet.
As blue moves to the deeper end of color, it becomes more moody and shows it. With royal blue, one can be on a high or in the deepest of wells.
This color would probably be worn by one who is deciding to parachute because it would mean one needed to make a quick decision. When looking back on that decision though, the person pulling the ripcord would not be so sure they made the correct decision.
The navy colors are very emotional but also want to hide it. It's almost as if they are wallowing in the fact that they are emotional. Some women, with a navy personality, go on cleaning binges, others go shopping.
If your house has too much blue in it, you may find yourself depressed most of the time. A baby put in a totally blue room cries all the time, but when taken into another room, it is a happy baby. Blue is a good color but it needs other shades to balance it.
Blue people think with their emotions. They are either way up or way down; feeling all the emotions they can experience on their way to either.
Crying when they are happy or sad, they are feelers. Having a need to feel every thing, they leave themselves open to others. Quickly they take the mood of any person they are around whether they are upset or elated. Feelers don't even know why their emotions run the gambit. They are products of their environment.
Blue people are no fun to be around when they expect you to be down with them. Showing signs of co-dependency, they need you to be by their side feeling with them as they do.

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
TetonAndDistrictPerformingArts 
Posted: 01-Oct-2015, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacIvy

Realm: South-East Idaho (Idaho Falls)

male

As a kid, blue was always my favorite color. It didn't matter the shade, as long as it was blue!

I had heard that the Clarks had their own tartan, but, could never find it. Then, at age 16, I was at the Stone Mountain Games in Georgia. While standing at one of the vendors, drooling over a sword or knife ( as a teenager might) this really pretty blue, black, and white tartan caught my eye. There it was... the Clark tartan!

Seeing this bright tartan dispelled many of my preconceived ideas that all old tartans were earthy greens, etc. I was shocked to find out that this tartan was "first recorded" in 1835.

Now... I have a bolt of it in my music room, which my wife pulls-from to make kilts for my band.

Life is Good beer_mug.gif

--------------------
David S. R. Clark, Administrative Sergeant-Major

Burns' Society of the Tetons

Ammon Scottish Festival
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]