Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 13-May-2007, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

This band is becoming one of my favorites. I'm actually getting better at the brodhran thanks to one of their website links. They and Gaelic Storm are one of the few Irish bands that come up here on a yearly basis to Big Top Chautauqua. I was watching their video log from 2003 and it's really strange when you see parrts of your area on something as big as Youtube or a music video but there we are. Anyway, the've been mentioned on the forum in a few places and when I did a search I was surprised to see they had no topic of their own. So here you go.
They are similar to Clan an Drumma and Tartanic but with a 70's folk song sound to them. Here is the link. Enjoy!
http://www.differentdrums.info/index.htm

Check out the T-shirts with some of the song lyics on them.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 14-May-2007, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for putting this thread up Roberto. I love the sounds of this band. They also have a cool myspace. That song Heartbeat is wonderful. I wish them all the best!

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 08-Sep-2007, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Wife and I saw the band last night at Big Top. It was a great preformance and they have a new CD called "Follow the Drum". Some of the songs from past CD's were Northern Man, Drums and Drumlins, Don't Let them Get you Down, and alot from the new CD. The solos were all great and Row mentioned that he first thought of himself as a songwriter when Tommy Maken recorded one of this songs. Great solos with each band member. We got the chance to talk with them after the show and we picked up two copies of the new CD and they all autographed one of the copies for us. Only minus side was they only had the new CD at the merchandise tent. No shirts or any of the older CD's but still a grand time all around. I hope they return to Irishfest next year.
PMEmail Poster               
TandVh 
Posted: 08-Sep-2007, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

First time I've heard these guys- I am a big fan of Albannach so I am happy to say that these guys are now on my list of must get music. Thanks Robert- this sort of Celtic musice is quite compelling!

--------------------
TandVh
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 09-Sep-2007, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I would suggest getting Drums and Drumlins or Different Drums LIVE at Big Top Chautauqua. The new CD is a a bit less celtic and more folk than these two. More guitar and pipes and less drum. It is still good though and worth a listen.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]