Posted: 15-Feb-2009, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

In a document released Saturday by Burris he admitted that he had been involved in discussions with the gov's brother about "pay for play" re: obama's senate seat though he denied same under oath. Ill. may have a special election after all.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 15-Feb-2009, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

A corrupt Illinois Democrat. "Who'd have thunk it"?

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 16-Feb-2009, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I've said it before and I'll say it again SAME OLD, SAME OLD. Are we truly surprised?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 16-Feb-2009, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

That is what the lesser of two evils brings. Unfortunately in a "two" party system, such as we have, there is often no other choice.

I suspect we will see major changes in our government from here on out.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 16-Feb-2009, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

QUOTE (Patch @ 16-Feb-2009, 08:08 AM)
That is what the lesser of two evils brings. Unfortunately in a "two" party system, such as we have, there is often no other choice.

I suspect we will see major changes in our government from here on out.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Patch,
I really hope you are right and it would really be nice if they developed some common sense.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 16-Feb-2009, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (valpal59 @ 16-Feb-2009, 11:56 AM)

Patch,
I really hope you are right and it would really be nice if they developed some common sense.

Val

Some law makers will see the light, however, that isn't exactly where I see the govt headed.

Venezuela just voted to allow the elimination of term limits (because of their economic crisis which is worse than ours.) They are dealing with very high inflation.

Hugo Chavez is now poised to become a dictator!

People want someone to fix their problems (evidenced by Roosevelts election to 4 terms) and will vote for anything! He didn't save America, HItler, Hirohito andWW2 did. No country has EVER spent it's way out of an economic crisis or ever will!! Also, in "29" and the aftermath we were on the gold standard. Today the money is paper. based on our GDP which is shrinking even as we flood more money into the system. Very BAAD idea!

The govt will eventually spend it's self into oblivion and the only thing that will change is that we will be unable to buy the basic necessities. It happens often with countries throughout the world now and we haven't learned or we think we are to big to fail.

Mostly this flood of money is being accomplished by the federal reserve with no public accountability. The govt adds to the problem. First our money will have no value with our trading partners and shortly thereafter the same will occur at home! Some of our allies , the most recent being Canada, are now trying to help prop up our dollar.

I just hope that someone with the morals and ethics of the founding fathers will step in to pick up the pieces! If not, God help us all!!!

This may sound a bit radical, but google things like Fed. Reserve, Money supply, Economy, Recession, Depression (you have several to choose from) performance of gold/precious metals in same and performance of commodities in same. These will lead you other places and then each of you decide for yourselves!

Again I recommend "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin.

Sorry I drifted off topic a bit, but it is all about incompentnce and corruption in public office.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt