Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 19-Dec-2003, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

hehe... well, whatever he thinks it's right... I don't care much, actually. I mean it's bad if the german economy doesn't get up on it's feet soon, but they shouldn't need Iraq for it.. if they do we're beyond help i think...

Actually, when I posted this, I didn't anticipate this much of a reaction.
I don't care if Germany, France, Russia etc are doing something in Iraq or not. But I think they should not give licences. Having competition is good for prices though.

Did you know that the British Army is still busy digging holes for waterpipes around Basra?

Our friend got home for Christmas and told us he's going to leave for Qatar on the 3rd January... I hope everything goes well, it should though. His troops main duty is guarding the Airport near Basra.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
High Plains Drifter 
Posted: 22-Dec-2003, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Colorado

male

One last comment on this thread. If Iraq had posed a threat to me, then I would have supported the invasion. It did not. If Iraq had invaded a neighbor as it did in 1990, I would have supported removing them from that country as was done. In 2003 it did not. If we had spent the money that the invasion cost supporting the Shiia in the south of Iraq and the Kurds in the north of Iraq I possibly could have supported that depending upon the circumstances. If we invaded because Saddam was a bad guy, then when are we invading Israel because Sharon seems to be a pretty bad guy to me. He has ordered the actions that has resulted in the deaths of many Palestinians who had never lifted a finger against Israel. Arafat also seems to be a bad guy, when are we going to take him out. The Chinese have a repressive regime, why haven't we invaded them. The list of bad guys in developing countries is nearly endless. Why aren't we invading them. For the same reason that we aren't awarding contracts to Germany, Russia, France, and Canada. It is not in the financial interest of the present administration to do these things. Can anyone say Haliburton? (BIG OIL) Just a bit of wild speculation but I find it interesting the the dictator we decided to oust happened to control the fourth largest oil reserve in the world and both Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney are first and foremost oilmen who are dabbling in politics. Again just unfounded speculation. I know that I will not change anyone mind but just remember that your opinions are just that as are mine. I may argue with you but I do respect your right to disagree with me. war.gif war.gif war.gif war.gif

--------------------
Be Mindful
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 23-Dec-2003, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Notice the trend. No president before Bush Sr. Invaded Iraq. Then oil Baron Bush Sr invades Iraq suppodely to free Kuqait, Then Clinton doesn't touch Iraq now comes along Bush Jr the oil barons son and amazingly we're back in Iraq. I mean what are the differences between every other president since Saddam took power and the Bush's?

PIL.

As for other countries helping rebuild Iraq that isn't for Bush to decide but for the Iraq government to decide who they contract out to to help rebuild! Not Shrubs choice!!!
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
  Posted: 23-Dec-2003, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (High Plains Drifter @ Dec 22 2003, 11:22 PM)
One last comment on this thread. If Iraq had posed a threat to me, then I would have supported the invasion. It did not. If Iraq had invaded a neighbor as it did in 1990, I would have supported removing them from that country as was done. In 2003 it did not. If we had spent the money that the invasion cost supporting the Shiia in the south of Iraq and the Kurds in the north of Iraq I possibly could have supported that depending upon the circumstances. If we invaded because Saddam was a bad guy, then when are we invading Israel because Sharon seems to be a pretty bad guy to me. He has ordered the actions that has resulted in the deaths of many Palestinians who had never lifted a finger against Israel. Arafat also seems to be a bad guy, when are we going to take him out. The Chinese have a repressive regime, why haven't we invaded them. The list of bad guys in developing countries is nearly endless. Why aren't we invading them. For the same reason that we aren't awarding contracts to Germany, Russia, France, and Canada. It is not in the financial interest of the present administration to do these things. Can anyone say Haliburton? (BIG OIL) Just a bit of wild speculation but I find it interesting the the dictator we decided to oust happened to control the fourth largest oil reserve in the world and both Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney are first and foremost oilmen who are dabbling in politics. Again just unfounded speculation. I know that I will not change anyone mind but just remember that your opinions are just that as are mine. I may argue with you but I do respect your right to disagree with me. war.gif war.gif war.gif war.gif

Please don't be upset if I agree with you. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 23-Dec-2003, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (maisky @ Dec 23 2003, 07:47 AM)
Please don't be upset if I agree with you. biggrin.gif

May I agree with you too? It all boils down to money. Seems that's what makes this world go round sad.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]