> Tucson Celtic Festival, November 2-4. 2007
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Jul-2007, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Here is the link to the Celtic festival in Tucson. My re-enactment group, 1745 Jacobites, hope to be there. We are working on details now. Either way, I plan to be there as I have in the past. Hope to see many of you there!

http://www.tucsoncelticfestival.org/
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
TandVh 
Posted: 28-Jul-2007, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

CelticRose- if your troop makes it to the games, what sort of re-enactment will you be doing? What is your repitoire?
The gathering is too far away for us, so was just curious as to what we will be missing.

--------------------
TandVh
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Jul-2007, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello TandVH!

We are a "living history" group. we teach 18thc history, specifically the era of the Jacobite rising during 1745 and what it all means. Presently, my group is in the process of putting together a flier to hand out to the public that will share the history. If you want to know more about who the Jacobites were, I will post it in another forum...mostly likely the "re-enactment area" for all to read as soon as my group gets it all written up...so be watching for it posted soon! wink.gif

Re: the Tucson games. We will just be teaching living history. Possibly black powder demonstrations. We are still in talks with the organizers of this event and still trying to work out many details. Will keep you posted! Thanks for asking! smile.gif

*edited due to our group working on a simple post so we can share the 1745 history with others but will do so on another forum in this site as soon as it is available Will keep you posted.

This post has been edited by CelticRose on 11-Aug-2007, 06:24 PM
Donajhi 
Posted: 31-Jul-2007, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

Just received an email from Richard Park, head of entertainment for Tucson.
Oceans Apart have been signed and another group called, Killdares. I went on
MySpace and listened to their music. Perhaps I have no music taste, but it
sounds alot like country to me.
I did email back and gave him my thoughts and suggested The Wicked Tinkers.
Don't know if it will do any good, but at least I put my two cents worth in. boxing.gif

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Aug-2007, 03:26 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

DJ, I have been trying to get the Wicked Tinkers at the Tucson Celtic festival for years. Hope it will happen one day.

Our 1745 Jacobite Society is still in negotiations with the TCFA. Hope it all works out as we would love to be there teaching 18thc history. Will keep you all posted!
Donajhi 
Posted: 10-Aug-2007, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

I do believe Mr. Park has his nickers in a twist. He said the Wicked Tinkers were just noise. I told him he needed to refine his ideas of Celtic music and Country music. A bagpipe did not make a band Celtic. I think he was somewhat peeved at me, but I don't care what he thinks. He is wrong.

I also ask about the 1795 Jacobite Society appearing. He had no answer. I emailed back and told him I was quickly loosing interest in the gathering. He shot an email back and assured me there were many groups I would enjoy that was already signed up. He also called me, Mr., go figure......... idiot.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 11-Aug-2007, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Donajhi @ 10-Aug-2007, 04:18 PM)
I do believe Mr. Park has his nickers in a twist. He said the Wicked Tinkers were just noise. I told him he needed to refine his ideas of Celtic music and Country music. A bagpipe did not make a band Celtic. I think he was somewhat peeved at me, but I don't care what he thinks. He is wrong.

I also ask about the 1795 Jacobite Society appearing. He had no answer. I emailed back and told him I was quickly loosing interest in the gathering. He shot an email back and assured me there were many groups I would enjoy that was already signed up. He also called me, Mr., go figure......... idiot.gif

Oh my gosh, DJ! ohmy.gif I don't know who Mr. Parks is and have never spoken to him, but what?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wicked Tinkers is just noise?! How dare him?! LOL However, DJ. I hear that all the time. Whenever I speak to organizers I hear that as well. As much as I want the WT's performing at Mesa and Tucson games, Flagstaff is willing to host them as they draw a huge crowd there. Plus, the Wicked Tinkers don't appear to be lacking in places to perform. They have a huge following, but could have more if all our organizers in AZ were willing to bring them in. They have huge fan base! But I know it is not cheap for the organizers to bring in very reputable and succesful Celtic bands. I think it would be in their bst interest, but then I am not an organizer of an event and have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, monies, etc. All we can do as fans is KEEP asking for them anyway!! wink.gif

1745 Jacobite Society hopes to be there, but still in negotiatioins as well speak. It will take some time. Either way, I am still attending, albeit "Living Historian" or spectator as I do love the games they hold there.

will keep you posted! smile.gif
Donajhi 
Posted: 13-Aug-2007, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for the update, please do keep us posted.

Mr Richard Parks is head of entertainment at the Tucson Games....the knothead!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Aug-2007, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Looks like things are coming along with the Tucson Celtic games for us 45 Jacobites. We still have lots to do, but things are going smoothly and will keep you posted. They're supposed to have a host hotel, but I have yet to find out what and where that is. I am staying with family, but would be nice to let others know.

I know the President of the TCFA loves the Wicked Tinkers. She has seen them several times and would love to have them down in Tucson, but as of now they can't afford it. The Tucson games used to be the largest in Arizona, but now one of the smallest. However, they are working on that too. So perhaps given some time we'll see our WT guys down there. At least, I keep hoping to bug them about it. wink.gif
Donajhi 
Posted: 31-Aug-2007, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

female

Have you ironed out all the wrinkles for the Tucson Games?
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Sep-2007, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

As far as I know our 1745 Jacobite group will be there. We have to have a meeting with our group to iron out some logistics and what demonstrations, skits and talks we're going to do. Och! There is a lot of work to do in preparation for this stuff. One of the reasons I haven't posted much is because I am doing so much research on the 45, which is a never-ending project for any of us re-enactors. You research, check your sources and do it all over again cause there are always conflicting opinions on what is accurate. It can be really daunting sometimes! wacko.gif I'll keep ya posted though! thumbs_up.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Oct-2007, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Update on the Tucson Celtic Festival & Scottish Highland games. You can see the most pertinent info at this link:

http://www.tucsoncelticfestival.org/

Me and a few of our Jacobites will be there re-enacting/teaching. Unfortunately, we have several in our group who are not in good health right now and unable to attend. Those of us who will be there will be with bells on. We're so looking forward to this!

Hope to see many of you desert dwellers and others there. Our 1745 Jacobite Society group will be in the re-enactment area.

See you then!

Huzzuh! smile.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Nov-2007, 04:21 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Follow-up on the TCF. Well it was so-so as far as attendance is concerned. Our booth was way far in the back amongst the clan society tents. Not a good location for folks who are not interested in clan booths. Oh well. It was hot, but still lots of fun and I had a terrific time.

However, I was on a mission. I spoke to Richard personally from the TCF about having the Wicked Tinkers in the future. We will see what happens as time goes on, eh?

Will post photos in the re-enactment thread.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]