Posted: 10-Jun-2006, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 09-Jun-2006, 12:58 PM)
Okay guys, I have a question for you: in two weeks is my 25th anniversary. We already have some plans. We are spending the day at the zoo together. My wife is a simple woman (hey! no jokes here....j/k), with simple wants. She is not one for fancy dinners. She does not like to shop. So we are doing the zoo.
Does anyone have any other ideas? I was thinking of also going on a picnic with the zoo trip.
Any thoughts?

JPM,

I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread. I thought everyone knew we guys are incapable of "thoughts". Just ask any of the ladies. cool.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif (I guess someone forgot to send you the memo laugh.gif )

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 10-Jun-2006, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur, "Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want in Heaven.

"Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said,"I want to hang out with God."

St. Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room and introduced him to God. God recognized Arthur and commented, "Okay, so you were the one who invented the Harley Davidson motorcycle?"

Arthur said, "Yep, that's me."

God said, "Well, what's the big deal in inventing something that's pretty unstable, makes noise and pollution and can't run without a road?"

Arthur was apparently embarrassed, but finally he said, "Excuse me, but aren't You the inventor of woman?"

God said, "Yes."

"Well," said Arthur, "professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention:

1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end protrusions;

2. It chatters constantly at high speeds;

3. Most of the rear ends are too soft and wobble too much;

4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust;

5. And the maintenance costs are enormous!"

"Hmmmmm, you may have some good points there," replied God, "Hold on." God went to His Celestial super computer, typed in a few words and waited for the results.

The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it "Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed," God said to Arthur, "but according to these numbers>>>>>>>>

more men are ***CENSORED*** my invention than yours
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 10-Jun-2006, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 09-Jun-2006, 12:58 PM)
Okay guys, I have a question for you: in two weeks is my 25th anniversary. We already have some plans. We are spending the day at the zoo together. My wife is a simple woman (hey! no jokes here....j/k), with simple wants. She is not one for fancy dinners. She does not like to shop. So we are doing the zoo.
Does anyone have any other ideas? I was thinking of also going on a picnic with the zoo trip.
Any thoughts?

I know I'm not supposed to be here, but after reading your post, JP, and from all the help (??) you got here, maybe it's a good think I did peek in. tongue.gif I think the picnic and zoo idea is nice. Another addition to that plan could be an anniversary ring. It is a nice addition to the wedding ring or alone if you didn't exchange rings at your wedding. Another idea is to add an overnight stay at a nice bed and breakfast.

Just a thought.....BGL smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 11-Jun-2006, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hey BGL, that is an excellent idea!
And you are right - thanks for the help guys!! laugh.gif (j/k)
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 11-Jun-2006, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 11-Jun-2006, 08:39 AM)
Hey BGL, that is an excellent idea!
And you are right - thanks for the help guys!!      laugh.gif (j/k)

Now you've done it. The ladies are plotting your demise over in their "Ladies Only Thread"! rolleyes.gif

Since you are looking for suggestions on what to do with the "old lady" on your 25th here's a couple:

Pack up any "crumb-snatchers" that may still be hanging around the house and ship them off to see Grandma and Grandpa or Uncle Bob and Aunt Sue, and then take the wife fishing or hunting. Nothing says I love you like a day together on a Bass Boat or in your treestand!!! biggrin.gif
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 12-Jun-2006, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 11-Jun-2006, 06:10 PM)

... take the wife fishing or hunting. Nothing says I love you like a day together on a Bass Boat or in your treestand!!! biggrin.gif

Actually, that sounds like an excellent idea!!

Do you actually read the Ladies thread? I thought it was just a bunch of white noise... angel_not.gif

LOL - thanks Mac!
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 12-Jun-2006, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

True Friendship!

Are you all tired of those sissy "friendship" poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that really speaks to true friendship:

1. When you are sad - I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the lowlife that made you sad. cheers.gif
2. When you are blue - I will try to dislodge whatever it is that is choking you. cry.gif
3. When you smile - I will know you finally had sex. boff.gif
4. When you are scared - I will rag on you about it every chance I get. fear.gif
5. When you are worried - I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be and to quit whining. unsure.gif
6. When you are confused - I will use little words. dontgetit.gif
7. When you are sick - Stay the heck away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have. puke.gif
8. When you fall - I will point and laugh at your clumsy butt. lol.gif

This is my oath...I pledge it till the end. "Why?" you may ask? Because you are my friend. hug.gif

Send this to 10 of your closest friends, then get depressed because you can only
think of 4.

Remember: A good friend will help you move, but a really good friend will help
you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel....
Dogshirt 
Posted: 12-Jun-2006, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Now THAT is TRUE friendship! I think I'm getting VERKLEMPT! cry.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 16-Jun-2006, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,751 Gold!

My cousin sent me this essential information. Memorize it and pass it along. wink.gif

Understanding female verbage

FINE

this is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES

if she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING

this is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD

this is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH

This is not actually a word, but is a nonverbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS

a woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Herrerano 
Posted: 19-Jun-2006, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Hey y'all, I don't get in here often anymore but just happened to have a minute and saw this and figured y'all could use some really good advice.

Ok, what to do on a memorable occasion like an anniversary or something? Go on and do something really, really romantic. I think the zoo idea is fine, but then maybe you could follow it up with a really fantastic dinner at one of those places that serves exotic game. Doesn't that sound cool? After an afternoon of watching elephants and ostriches and crocodiles and monkeys you could then set down to a really neat dinner and eat some of them.

Hey, don't be afraid to show that little woman that you really do care for her. Remember too, that women are always more vulnerable and agreeable after eating exotic food. This is a special day and you really should go all out, after all this is a good opportunity to build up points that will help out during the year when things get a little rough. Do as much as you can, spend as much as you can then spend more on her this day. Look, how many times will a subtle remark reminding her of this special day and the wonderful time you had help get you into the house at four thirty in the morning when you can't find the door key? Cripes, anything you can do to build up equity is a plus, especially if you're like me and talk in your sleep.

After that romantic dinner and maybe some time spent sipping stupid nasty wine (sacrifice this day, sacrifice) you could then surprise her with a night in a romantic hotel suite. Plan ahead, tip the concierge so that you can surprise her with a layout of sexy lingerie on the bed as you carry her in for the evening of wild abandon. OH Hey! I'm not talking about the old Rosemont motel either with the mirrors on the ceiling (Good lord, first thing you know she will be wondering how you knew about it. Best she never finds out.) The key here is excess finesse. Splurge buddy, you never know when you may need to cash in some of these memories.

Hope that helps.

Leo

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

ĄVisté! ĄTe lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 19-Jun-2006, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

And here I was, plannin' a burger at BK (With EVERYTHING of course, spare NO expense!) And a pat on the behind wi' a fond "Well, we made it another year!" wink.gif

beer_mug.gif
crazykiltedcelt 
Posted: 06-Jul-2006, 01:22 PM
Quote Post

LOCH MOY
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: utah

male

Well saturday is my wife birthday she 's meeting me at the Payson Scottish Feastial that afternoon when she gets off work. We will go to dinner at a place of her choose and than a movie moer than likely. Only problem is I'll need to bring along a pair of pants for the evening, she OK with me in my kilt at the feastvail but not out on the town. The sacrfacies w e make for your wife biggrin.gif biggrin.gif , Hope they are worth it tonight know what I mean censored.gif MSNCAKE.GIF MSNGIFT.GIF

--------------------
shout freedom and loose the legs of woe

A man in a kilt is a man & an halve
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 06-Jul-2006, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

After 30 years of me in a breechcloth and leggings my wife doesn't have ANY problem with me going out in public in me kilt. wink.gif

beer_mug.gif
crazykiltedcelt 
Posted: 06-Jul-2006, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

LOCH MOY
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: utah

male

great idae Iahve one of thoes too may wering it she'll learn to like the kilt better biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 21-Jul-2006, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Legs? Kilts? OMG!! Sorry...wrong forum...Is is tue what's beneath the kilt...ok, I'll go now!!!!! MK

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]