Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,766 Gold!

The Glengarry Bhoys are a featured artist. Post your reviews and comments here!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Redbud 
  Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Texas

female

I got to see the GB's for the first time at the Texas Scottish Festival (the first weekend every June). They are awesome! In fact, they were the headliners. The guys are fantastic, but I really love that Shelley!

They tried to blow in some cooler weather from Canada for us, but alas, twas not to be--it was just downright hot in that tent!

I have their Rhoots & Juice cds, & just love them. The GB's are very talented musicians & performers, & I really look forward to seeing them next time around.

Fair faw,
Sherry

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
catlynelizabeth 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Boston

female

I love the music of the Bhoys. My parents own every single cd they have made and we always make sure that we seem them live at the festivals we go to ( we tend to go to quite a few as my mom and I both dance with our troupe a bunch of festivals).

--------------------
To watch us irish dance is to hear our hearts speak!
Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
Douglas Adams
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Eleanor Roosevelt
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
~ Wow!! I simply adore the Glengarry Bhoys!! A O'ginalli of mine had their CD, Juice sent to me and I haven't stopped listening to it! Their song, Deep Inside, first tyme I heard it, stopped me in my tracks..another song of theirs, My Friend, brings tears to my eyes almost every tyme I listen to it..Simply beautiful! It has been such a long tyme since I have heard any music or songs that touch me as the Glengarry Bhoys music has! I wish I could share with them just how much the song My Friend means to me and why..and most importantly, I wish I could personally say Ni Ya We (thank you in Cherokee) for sharing such beautiful music and lyrics with me!! If I had a wish, it would be to have my CD autographed by them..
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
balindsey 
Posted: 04-Oct-2005, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

Major lineup changes for the Glengarry Bhoys following their appearance at the Bethlehem Celtic Classic.

James Libbey (bagpiper/multi-instrumentalist), Shelley Downing (fiddler/step-dancer), and Steve McAlear (drummer) have left to form their own band, Greenwich Meantime, along with former Bhoy Nigel Gibson (bass guitar) and a new vocalist, Nick. I don't think we have a last name for Nick yet.

The two Grahams (founder/vocalist/guitarist Wright and bass guitarist Smith) remain with the Bhoys. Original Bhoy Ziggy Leroux has returned as drummer. New Bhoys are Miranda Mullholland (vocalist and fiddler), Ewan Brown (bagpiper), and Brendan Carey (fiddler).

The new Bhoys have done at least one gig, in Uxbridge, Massachusetts, to positive reviews.
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

The two Grahams (founder/vocalist/guitarist Wright and bass guitarist Smith) remain with the Bhoys.

Things come full circle- considering they started out with Graham (wright) and Zig doing gigs in local bars after work, now they effectively rebuilt the band from scratch again. It would be intereesting to find out what brough this on, but that's information that is unlikely to ever come our way. This does explain a lot about their performances at the Celtic Classic. A few of the members seemed to be mainly going through the motions instead of playing wholeheartedly. I don't mean to imply that they were bad performances, however they weren't up to the Bhoys' usual standards.
I just checked their website- it's a skeleton of its former self. The only group pictures are of two of Graham Wright and one of Graham Smith. No mention of any members anywhere, except one of the "road kills" (notes by the band members about various shows they played) was written by Ziggy.
If anyone gets a chance to see the new lineup I'd like reviews. It looks like I won't get a chance until May at the earliest.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
balindsey 
Posted: 25-Oct-2005, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (subhuman @ 22-Oct-2005, 11:41 AM)

This does explain a lot about their performances at the Celtic Classic.  A few of the members seemed to be mainly going through the motions instead of playing wholeheartedly. 

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

If anyone gets a chance to see the new lineup I'd like reviews.  It looks like I won't get a chance until May at the earliest.

Try the two groups on Yahoo Groups devoted to the Bhoys (search on "Glengarry" to find them).

There's a Yahoo group for Greenwich Meantime, too.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Oct-2005, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

joei if your still out there please pm me...

I love the Glengarry Bhoys..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 28-Oct-2005, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

For the heck of it I decided to check up on the website again. There's now a photo- just one- of the new lineup, but it's not under the photos page. Still no word on anything, I would like to see seomthing- even just names of the new members.
I did notice something else that may have negative repurcussions for them. The tour of Ireland is now billed as "Graham and Zig's" instead of being advertised as a tour with the Glengarry Bhoys. All payment for anyone going was due on or before Aug 1'st- meaning the tour details were changed after payment was recieved.
This could potentially have a legal backlash.

Try the two groups on Yahoo Groups devoted to the Bhoys (search on "Glengarry" to find them).

Thanks for the tip! I'll be over there shortly. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
balindsey 
Posted: 31-Oct-2005, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

For the heck of it I decided to check up on the website again.  There's now a photo- just one- of the new lineup, but it's not under the photos page.  Still no word on anything, I would like to see seomthing- even just names of the new members.

There's a bit about the lineup changes in the "Road Kill" section.

(A bit, not a lot.)

I did notice something else that may have negative repurcussions for them.  The tour of Ireland is now billed as "Graham and Zig's" instead of being advertised as a tour with the Glengarry Bhoys.  All payment for anyone going was due on or before Aug 1'st- meaning the tour details were changed after payment was recieved.
This could potentially have a legal backlash.

I think it was billed as "Graham's Wild Tour of Ireland" previously.

Greenwich Meantime has had its first gig, at a music festival in Grenville, Ontario.
PMEmail Poster               
Turkceltic 
Posted: 31-Oct-2005, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Lüleburg , Thrace, Turkey

male

Hi to honoroble Celts , well , there is a group which sings No Nay Never and The Moonshiner sometimes in rock style on highlander radio , do u know which group is it ? or who ?
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Oct-2005, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Turkcelt and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy the music as well as this great forum..

I am going to say the song you seek is from the band Barley Juice-Look in the Featured Artist section- If I am wrong someone do correct me...

Hope this helps..hope I have the right band.....

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 31-Oct-2005, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

sings No Nay Never and The Moonshiner

The number of groups and individuals that have covered these tunes is overwhelming. For the record, the (most common) title of the first one is "The Wild Rover."
Rindy, you may be right about both- I'm definitely seeing Moonshiner on Barley Juice's CD Another Round. However I don't know if they ever did The Wild Rover. However, the Barley BOYS definitely have- but they don't have as much of a rock style to their music.
PMEmail Poster               
Turkceltic 
Posted: 03-Nov-2005, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Lüleburg , Thrace, Turkey

male

I checked it ,and yea, thats the group that i search ,thanks both of u smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Brandondough 
Posted: 17-Mar-2008, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

male

Where are the Boyhs this weekend?
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]