Posted: 08-Oct-2004, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
~October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month~ Please visit the following link, click on the 'button' and help achieve the goal of 500 Free Mamograms given to women all across the United States~ hug.gif NI YA WE for taking a moment out of your time to click on this site~ It only takes seconds and it is free tongue.gif If you are interested in purchasing merchandise from this website let me tell you the items are top notch!~ I have ordered tanks, t-shirts and sweatshirts from the AnimalRescueSite/RainforestSite and have been very pleased with each order~
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin...nkyoupg_BCSlogo

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 08-Oct-2004, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

That's on my daily clicks, darlin'. Has been for over a year now. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
freekenny 
Posted: 08-Oct-2004, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (Sekhmet @ 08-Oct-2004, 11:26 AM)
That's on my daily clicks, darlin'. Has been for over a year now. smile.gif

O'siyo,
~ tongue.gif Fantastic! I am a new 'clicker' on the website, about 2 months now I believe? biggrin.gif so just wanted to pass it around~ One of the members here shared it and I have it saved in Favourites and just wanted to pass it along~ Have a blessed and peaceful day and eve~
~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 08-Oct-2004, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Thanks for posting this, freekenny. Every woman over the age of 40 should have a mamogram. I had a good friend that died with breast cancer when she was 45. It was heartbreaking! Back in June I got a scare and had to have 2 ultrasounds of my breast. The waiting was terrible. It's what if, but thank the Good Lord it wasn't. I was diagnosed with a cyst. Also I have fibrocystic breast disease and have cut back on my caffeine, which is usually the culprit with this disease. Sometimes it's hard to tell what is the fbd and what might be something a whole lot worst.

Men can get breast cancer too. So guys or gals if you fill something that isn't just right, go to your doctor and have it checked out.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Oct-2004, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks Freekenny for leading us to this wonderful site it is just great....

Rindy thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 08-Oct-2004, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I have to be tellin ya that I do believe in Breast Cancer Awareness.

I am facing that situation in my life right now but I think and remain positive and deal with things as they happen.

So please support this cause. We lose so many people each year to this terrible disease.

I heard on a talk radio station yesterday that in the time a person takes their lunch hour each day that during that one hour period 10 women on the average per day are told they have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

I think I'll brown bag it! Please contribute any way you can to eradicate such a terrible disease.

Thank you!

Annabelle
The Radio Lady

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Oct-2004, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Here is something I thought was intersesting.

It would be wonderful if 2004 were the year a cure for breast cancer was found!!!!

The notion that we could raise $35 million by buying a book of stamps is powerful! As you may be aware, the US Postal Service has released its
"Fund the Cure" stamp to help fund breast cancer research. Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland designed the stamp. It is important that we take a stand against this disease that affects so many of our Mothers, Sisters and Friends.

Instead of the normal 37 cents for a stamp, this one costs 45 cents. The additional 8 cents will go to breast cancer research. A "normal" book costs $7.40. This one is only $9.00. It takes a few minutes in line at the Post Office and means so much. If all stamps are sold, it will raise an additional $35,000,000 for this vital research. Just as important as the money is our support. What a statement it would make if the stamp outsold the lottery this week. What a statement it would make that we care.
I urge you to do two things TODAY:

1. Go out and purchase some of these stamps.

2. E-mail your friends to do the same.

Many of us know women and their families whose lives are turned upside-down by breast cancer. It takes so little to do so much in this drive.

I am on my way to get some of those stamps.
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 09-Oct-2004, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Wonderful idea too. Sounds like it's time I got another book of stamps. Or two.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
freekenny 
Posted: 09-Oct-2004, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

O'siyo,
~Absolutely splendid idea when they printed Breast Cancer Awareness/Research stamps~ biggrin.gif My Post Office sold out within 2 days of them being issued~ By the way, if your local Post Office has sold out of these stamps, you can go online and order them~ biggrin.gif Would love to see a cure clap.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Yes i will go get a book tomorrow! It would be a wonderful thing to happen for all of us.

PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 10:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,983 Gold!

Excuse me ladies, I don't mean to barge in, but I wanted to say my mother beat breast cancer twice almost tweny years apart. If caught early, it is nearly 100% curable, but the key is catching it early. I know it sounds strange for me to be preaching to ya'll about this, but I don't want to lose any of you. So check yourselves monthly and get a yearly check from the doctor, including a mamogram.

And what Maggiemahone said about men getting it is absolutely true. A local doctor here in town was diagnosed a couple of years ago. He almost died, but has checked clear for a while now. So tell your husbands, sons, fathers and brothers that they are not immune.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
freekenny 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

O'siyo CarolinaScotsman,
Ni Ya We for sharing the success story of your mother!~ Indeed they are doing miraculous work now days with Breast Cancer~ biggrin.gif I do my part each month as well as routine mamograms to make certain that there are no surprises for me if it can be helped 1eye.gif
~May this day and eve find you with much peace and many blessings!
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 10-Oct-2004, 09:42 PM)
Excuse me ladies, I don't mean to barge in, but I wanted to say my mother beat breast cancer twice almost tweny years apart. If caught early, it is nearly 100% curable, but the key is catching it early. I know it sounds strange for me to be preaching to ya'll about this, but I don't want to lose any of you. So check yourselves monthly and get a yearly check from the doctor, including a mamogram.

And what Maggiemahone said about men getting it is absolutely true. A local doctor here in town was diagnosed a couple of years ago. He almost died, but has checked clear for a while now. So tell your husbands, sons, fathers and brothers that they are not immune.

Hey CarolinaScotsman,

I am so happy for you that your mother beat it. Like you said if it is caught early ya might have a chance. It is kind of weird that men can get it to. But I guess a breast is a breast...

Take care
Rindy
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]