Harlot 
Posted: 29-Mar-2009, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

The Great Raid Cast: Benjamin Bratt, James Franco, Robert Mammone Director: John Dahl
A courageous battalion tries to rescue a group of imprisoned Americans in the notorious Cabanatuan Japanese POW camp as World War II draws to a close. They only lost 2 men and 500 POW'S came home, it was the biggest rescue ever done to date.
Very good movie my Dad would of liked this one. It was on HDNet movies

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Camac
Posted: 29-Mar-2009, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Secondhand Lions for the 3rd time with Robert Duval,and Michael Caine.

flora 
Posted: 29-Mar-2009, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

That was a great one, Camac!

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 29-Mar-2009, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Camac, I agree with Flora, that was a great movie.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
ranger 
Posted: 29-Mar-2009, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

QUOTE (Harlot @ 29-Mar-2009, 12:20 PM)
The Great Raid Cast: Benjamin Bratt, James Franco, Robert Mammone Director: John Dahl
A courageous battalion tries to rescue a group of imprisoned Americans in the notorious Cabanatuan Japanese POW camp as World War II draws to a close. They only lost 2 men and 500 POW'S came home, it was the biggest rescue ever done to date.

Harlot, that was about my old Army unit that conducted the rescue. One of the original Ranger Battalions.

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Donajhi 
Posted: 31-Mar-2009, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

Twilight
Not bad, at least we did not have to suffer the
main players slobbering all over each other. Or
some skag in the all together. puke.gif

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Harlot 
Posted: 31-Mar-2009, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

QUOTE (ranger @ 29-Mar-2009, 09:17 PM)
QUOTE (Harlot @ 29-Mar-2009, 12:20 PM)

Harlot, that was about my old Army unit that conducted the rescue. One of the original Ranger Battalions.

Ranger,

That's great to hear that you were in that unit,you guys are so brave!!

My dad was stationed in the Philippines when that was going on but he wasn't with that Rangers. He actually received a metal for capturing some Japanese soldiers, it seems mother nature was calling and he took a walk to take care of it. He came around the bend in the road and there he sees some soldiers well he scared them and they put down their rifles raised their arms. And my daughter has all his army metals to show for it. MY dad always said he could not understand getting a metal for going to the bathroom just didn't make much since too him.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
ranger 
Posted: 31-Mar-2009, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Don't let him take anything away from himself, Harlot. If he wasn't the man he was to begin with, he wouldn't have been in position to do what he did. I'm sure their are a few soldiers who are extremely thankful that he had to "relieve" himself that night. As with all things in life, most of our accomplishments have alot of "dumb luck" and being in the right place at the right time meshed in with them. It's what you decide to do when those times come that matters. I have several friends that are no longer with us that wished they or someone else around them may have been in the right place at the right time for them. To all of them..... beer_mug.gif

Sorry everyone... oops.gif offtopic.gif

Back to the movies.....
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Took the grandson to see Monsters verses Aliens. I really thought it was going to be for just kids. There was more adult laughter then kids. Some of the characters were so modeled after Bush, Obama, General Patton, Three Stooges, etc. Highly recommend it.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

"Knowing" I don't know and not sure. Friends of mine asked me to join them at the theatre and I went for it. First of all I am not a Nicholas Cage fan. He did ok in the film. Lots of action, thriller, suspense, a wee bit of horror (the latter I am not fond of).

I believe the movie on the whole depends on ones' personal perspective. What you believe in regards to our future. Kept me captivated though with all the action and wanting to see what happens at the end.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I watched Slumdog Millionare tonight. A very good movie but not what I expected. I gathered from the adverts that this was a feel good movie, uplifting, joyous even. Nope, it was bloody depressing. Yes its a boy's quest to find a girl which also involves him being on a Who Wants to be a Millionare in India so she sees him and contacts him. It the amount of corruption, violence, and poverty that surrounds the life of this boy that is so depressing. It looks at a very ugly side of India and you probably won't want to be visiting there once you see this movie. Is like watching Princess Bride mixed in with the Godfather or Boondock saints although there is very little swearing.
Good movie about boy in love finding his woman against impossible odds, yes. Done in a happy brodway musical type surrounding-not.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 05-Apr-2009, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to visit the local Video Store. I had to settle for this batch of movies on T.V.:

The Nanny Diaries
The Fog (2005)
Raiders of the the Lost Ark - Never tire of this one biggrin.gif
PM               
jasminemoon 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: sausalito, california

female

not too up to date on my movies...

but recently i had the chance to see:

Tell No One (french flick based on Harlan Coben's book of the same title...)
~it was good... but as usual, the book was better...

HellBoyII - i personally liked this one better than the first. but the whole story made me want to side with the ruthless prince rather than mankind especially when they showed HellBoy fighting with an Elemental, who was, like him, the last of its kind... OH! and i would have loved to shop at the Troll Market.

Higlander, The Source - i dunno... duncan McCleod is just as cute, but there was something, just off about this movie. the story just didn't jive with the others. then again, the first one was the best. in a nutshell, this one felt like a useless orgasm... i don't know if that makes any sense...

The Secret of Roan Inish - i liked this movie... based on a old irish legend of the selkie. this movie always reminds me of how colorfully descriptive the irish can be, especially when the grandmother points out how underfed her granddaughter is by saying, "Look at yer arms, dear, like STICKS, they are!" for some reason, that line always makes me laugh... i dunno why. but its great movie.

and Chicken Run, i've watch this about 50million times... my son's favorite. omg, i've memorized the lines. but you know, for the accent alone, i could watch this movie over and over. Mac, the brainy hen, has this awesome scottish accent, and this character is just soo kewl! and of course, who wouldn't want to hear mel gibson play the Lone "free" Ranger. the makers of this movie did the expressions on the claymation characters soooo well, i still laugh even after i've watched it so many times already!

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Photobucket
~niessa&litlboybleu~
Adventures of The mighty lioness and her cub...
[email protected]

"Y'dinnieken wherr tae find a braw fish supper??"

"Stick the peanut in the peanut hole? Why? I'd rather eat mine!" Queen Elizabeth I

Don't go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Scottish by birth, British by law, Highlander by the grace of God.
Anonymous
ranger 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (jasminemoon @ 06-Apr-2009, 05:14 AM)

Higlander, The Source - i dunno... duncan McCleod is just as cute, but there was something, just off about this movie.  the story just didn't jive with the others.  then again, the first one was the best.  in a nutshell, this one felt like a useless orgasm... i don't know if that makes any sense...

I know exactly what you mean on this one, jasminemoon. I was really upset/disappointed. Maybe a little let down. Not just with the story line, but maybe more so with how the movie was "shot". It didn't seem very modern or up-to-date. The pictures and scenes throughout the whole movie were drab or "off". I'm assuming the producers wanted it that way, but for me, it took away from all of the hard work that had gone into the other movies and the series itself. sad.gif

PS....and not sure about the orgasm part....I take them when I can get them so the term "useless orgasm" to me is a play on words..... tongue.gif beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
jasminemoon 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: sausalito, california

female

PS....and not sure about the orgasm part....I take them when I can get them so the term "useless orgasm" to me is a play on words..... 

OH! das funny!!
thanks ranger!

biggrin.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]