Patch 
Posted: 21-Jun-2009, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

The regular news media has been effectively shut down. However, todays technology is getting pictures and video taken by Iranian citizens out of the country. I have been watching for a half an hour or so. I hope Americans feel as strongly about our freedom as Iranians feel about securing theirs.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 23-Jun-2009, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

The opposition leader in Iran is considered a moderate as compared to the hardliners in power. This moderate stand does not mean that if he ever came to power that there would be overnight Democracy in Iran. On the contrary. The Revolutionary Guard would still be there, the hardline clerics would still be the power behind the throne and Islamic Law would still be the Law of the Land. The best thing that the west can do is stay out of it. Any move or comment to support the protester will be seen as interference by the government and used to bolster anti- west rhetoric such as the U.S. is trying to bring back the Shah.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 23-Jun-2009, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I agree, We will never change anything in the middle east short of total destruction (which I do not advocate) I believe we should let them wallow in their ignorance and and poverty. I will say that many there were willing to risk death to get a bit of freedom. It is a noble cause and again I would hope that when the time comes, and it certainly will, that people will feel the same about freedom here.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 24-Jun-2009, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

The major problem with the Muslim World is the Religion. It is not just a religion in the normal sense but a philosophy and instruction book on how to conduct their lives. Hell it even contains instruction on how they should wipe their backsides. To them it is literally the word of God as spoken to the Prophet. It is so ingrained that they haven't a clue how to seperate it from politics or day to day living nor do I think they ever will. Personally I am as anti-religion as they come. I think they should all be banned, but that is my belief and I do not go around pontificating on it and as they never will be banned one has to learn to live with it and hope that somewhere along the line common sense will prevail.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 24-Jun-2009, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Islamic govt is the type of thing separation of church and state was meant to prevent. When govt puts forth one religion as part of a political agenda, nothing good can come of it! Also, I doubt common sense will ever prevail, though I wish it could. There used to be a site on the net called "Ask The Imam." It provided a lot of insight into the thinking of those of the muslim faith living abroad. It was both interesting and frightening. About 3 years ago it was pulled or moved. I did a quick search for the first time in a year and there are links. The one I tried was just one question. but there were 6 or so on the first page.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 24-Jun-2009, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

The Iranian Islamic Theocracy has proven that it is just as bad as any Ultra Right Wing Facist/Marxist Dictatorship with the added kick of being able to say "Imshallah" God wills it. You know Patch if there is a God, and I not saying there is or isn't, I am willing to bet that he/she washed his/her hands and walked away from Humanity a long time ago because he /she has got to be totally disgusted with the Human Race.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 24-Jun-2009, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

You may very well be right. There are good people in the world though they do not gravitate to politics and leadership. My church strives to control it's members and in the past they may have been able to accomplish that. Today, they follow only those edicts that help their situation. Being Catholic, I watch and have noticed that the large families have all but disappeared. Why, reliable birth control, of course? If the members had followed the churches lead they would have voted "pro life" and we would have been dealing with a different president. I believe the last truly violent religion in the world is islam. Most of the rest of us will fight back though.

I did note that in iran, women made up half or so of the crowds protesting the election.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 24-Jun-2009, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I've been following this and it could go either way. The goverment could do a massive shut up like the chinese did with Tiananmen Square or it could go into a full scale revolution. I am hoping some sort of peace could be gained without too much bloodshed. I do have to admit that the first thing I thought about when I heard that news was getting out via cell phones and twitter the only thing I could think of was that us geeks and our toys are finally changing the world..

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 25-Jun-2009, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I believe all information, be it good or bad, is important in making decisions. I was glad to find that it may no longer be possible to stop the flow of information though certainly the Iranian leaders were not! It could be an important factor on this continent one day. (Why do we really need a cyber czar and don't you just love the Russian terms?) Keep working to improve the technology. Thanks!!!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 25-Jun-2009, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Personally I think that the leaders in Iran look back in History and see Cyrus, Xerxes, and Darius, and dream of restoring the Persian Empire with an Islamic bent. When there is no distinct line between Politics and Religion then what ever is done must be "God's Will". Short of all out war and possible nuclear devestation the West is just going to have to learn to come to terms with Islam and it's Medieval mind set. Far be it for the West to declare a Crusade better still let's all go out and buy prayer mats and highlight Mecca on the maps. The religious tolerance that was once a hallmark of Islam is gone and been replaced by zealous intolerance to other faiths and even amongst the different sects of Islam. Where once it was the sword now it is the AK 47. Imshallah.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 25-Jun-2009, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I am willing to leave them alone but expect the same in return. I suspect they do not intend to. You are right and that is the biggest reason I feel we should have stayed out of Hussain's business in Iraq. At some point the radical element of islam will obtain a nuclear device or two and will use them on the U.S. or one of our allies. At that point the talk stops and the map-makers go back to work eliminating the countries that no longer exist. Even obama will have to react or be politically ruined!

It is a fine mess we have gotten ourselves into.

At least the world now sees islam for what it is.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]