> My favorite horse, A picture of my favorite horse strawberr
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 21-Jul-2002, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

Opps Sorry, I know what you mean about suberbs. We don't like being called a suberb of Detroit.  I grew up in Las Vegas, NM, much older than the one in Nevada. Most people hear the city name and don't listen to the state. But if I tell what state I'm from, they want to know if I'm a citizean yet. They don't hear the New in frount Mexico.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 21-Jul-2002, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

It's ok =)

I just wanted to explain why we don't like to be called Düsseldorfer (although I was born in Düsseldorf) but I grew up in Ratingen so I feel like a "Dumeklemmer" (nickname fr Ratingers)

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 23-Jul-2002, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Ok I'll bite. What is Ratingen famous for? Having you own Bishop doesn't count. Why are you called "Dumeklemmer" ?
While I was bopping around on the German map; I went looking for Krautheim and found 3 of them.   ::confused  Is that right?
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 24-Jul-2002, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

Strawberry has been acting crazy latley. He had a mental breakdown kind of thing. My friend was riding him and he started bucking and wouldn't stop bucking. So , I decided to lease Mombo A Chestnut Quarter horse. I rode him today. when I put him back in his stall I gave him a mint and he shook his head. I guess he was telling me he likes mints! Maybe I'll get a picture of him on here. Hes preety. He has a really nice quarter horse canter with Nice big strides. Hes awesome!  :)

--------------------
Vicky MacArthur
I Am a Scottish Dancer and I am proud of my heritage

Horses and dogs are not my whole life....But they make my life whole!
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 24-Jul-2002, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Maybe Strawberry got stung by a bee or a fly might have bit him.  Those flies can wreck havoc on a horse.  Anyway, I'm sure you made a wise decision on leasing another horse.  I know you'll bond with the new horse, especially if you give him treats.   :D   That is one sure way of being their friend and gaining their trust.  Have fun!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 24-Jul-2002, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

hi maggie. the reason strawberry went crazy is because he got over worked with trailrides and lessons , and then theres this camp they do there all the kids were poking him and annoying him and he couldn't take it any more so he went crazy!! Hes still not back to his normal self again. maybe when the camp kids leave. I gave him some treats and it calmed him down a bit. my friend was riding him on saturday and he had non stopping of bucking and rearing. She had to do the emergensy dismount to make him stop!!
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 25-Jul-2002, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

I guess that would make the best of horses go a little beserk, with all the different kids around and all that  poking and prodding.  Poor horse!  I'm glad your friend wasn't hurt Saturday.  I'm sure it was an experience she won't forget for awhile.  Maybe with your kindness and treats Strawberry will be back to normal before long.  Anyway, I hope so.  Take Care and Happy Trails to You!

maggiemahone1
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 25-Jul-2002, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

I hope strawberry gets well to! Hows your horse doing? I start leasing Mombo Next thursday! I can't wait. I'm gonna ride on the trails and my little sister wants to ride Mombo. I let her pet him yesterday. Yesterday When i was riding mombo , there was just  a few jumping polls on the ground and I was gonna trot over them and he jumped over them! Hes a preety horse. He looks sort of like Maggie (the horse) except bigger. I remeber the picture of your  horse I think shes beutiful. :D
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 25-Jul-2002, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

Hi Highland Lassie,  I'm so excited,  I just purchased a saddle today, to ride Maggie.  We got her shod last week, so she is all set to go.  She hasn't been ridden a whole lot for about 2 years.  I'm sure she will be a little frisky to ride.  Thanks for the compliment about Maggie.  She is a nice horse!   Have fun with Mombo.  

maggiemahone1
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 25-Jul-2002, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

We don't have our ownb bishop anymore... but that's ok, I'm Protestant.
Ratingen is not very famous, nobody knows it. it has an old city-centre a few famous castles around thats all.

We are called Dumeklemmer (people squeezing thumbs) because of an ancient story:

When the Holy Suitbertus (Swidbert, Suitbert) came to bring Christendom to the Ratingers they didn't want it and squeezed his thumb in the Towns Door. He cursed that all babies that are born in future in Ratingen would be born with a flat thumb.
i can't say if it is like that, I was born in Düsseldorf =)
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 25-Jul-2002, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,678 Gold!

Quote (Aon_Daonna @ July 25 2002,6:09)
We don't have our ownb bishop anymore... but that's ok, I'm Protestant.
Ratingen is not very famous, nobody knows it. it has an old city-centre a few famous castles around thats all.

We are called Dumeklemmer (people squeezing thumbs) because of an ancient story:

When the Holy Suitbertus (Swidbert, Suitbert) came to bring Christendom to the Ratingers they didn't want it and squeezed his thumb in the Towns Door. He cursed that all babies that are born in future in Ratingen would be born with a flat thumb.
i can't say if it is like that, I was born in Düsseldorf =)

Sounds like a beatuiful place to visit - Germany. I would love to go there someday - you certainly have a rich history and many great traditions.

I have to tell you the Highlight of my sons 9th birthday was at a German music hall with food and entertainment. We sat with a man who was by himself and from Germany - he told us all about Germany things! :)

I am also interested in my great grandfather whose last name was Cooper or perhaps it is written Cupper? in Germany? Do you know anything about this name?

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 26-Jul-2002, 05:34 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Thats awesome that you got a new saddle!! Do you ride english or western? Or any other diciplline? I ride english. I want to save up for my own saddle! I would want a colegate those are my favorite saddles.  But , first i think i'll save up for a riding helmet.
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 26-Jul-2002, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

:p Hi Everyone. I  won an english saddle on e-bay, drove over, talked horses, weather, farming; gave the couple $40, and left with 2 saddles. One pretty to use now, one to repair.  We had a great time, with nice people.  Now to get Moca Fudge use to it.
What a funny story about the thumbs. Is it not strange, that surperstion gave the power of a curse to religious men of high rank and witches. One was good and other evil; the question is which.
I would also like to see Germany; Ludwig's castles, and the citys that carry our family name, are high on my list of things to see.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 28-Jul-2002, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

I am of the opinion that every horse should have its own saddle. I met too many horses with back problems  :(

We once had a Arabian Stallion in the stable where I used to ride. He was always running his head up high and didn't like to get out of his box when someone was coming with the saddle. Everytime one of us tried to touch his back he was sinking down on his knees. I came with the idea that it could be his back and we found out that his saddle was the problem. It didn't fit and the poor horse had pain.
The owners let a saddler made a saddle for him and since then he was good to ride.

At Paul:

Perhaps his name was written Cüpper/Küpper?
Cupper reminds me of Copper, could be that his ancestors had to do with copper.

I'm starting to search and I'll tell you when I found something out.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 28-Jul-2002, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

I found out something about the name Küpper/Cüpper. Which I think is the original form of the name Cupper. Else his ancestors had been coppersmiths.

The Name Küpper comes from Küfer/Küfner which is someone who makes barrels. That means that someone of his ancestors had been Barrelmakers.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]