Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
225,961 Gold!

:)

Hello everyone. Had to tell everyone about the milestone we reached here at Highlander Radio on 10/30/01. For the very first time we maxed out our shoutcast server at 50 listeners at one time! This accomplishment could not of occurred without an excellent group of listeners that provides us with support, emails, words of encouragement and feedback. In fact, in looking at the statistics lately, we seem to be gaining listeners during our off-peak hours too. For us, we are delighted that we are attracting and satisfying so many listeners.

By itself, 50 listeners may not seem like a whole lot of people to be listening to the broadcast, but when you consider the average listening time combined with the rotation of listeners coming in and out during the day, we can handle 500-1000 listeners per day. This is reflected in our webstream hits to the broadcast. Since 8/15/01 we have received 55,000 webstream hits alone to our shoutcast server. That does not include another 15,000 hits to our live365 server, which by the way can be used to connect to our broadcast when our main shoutcast server is full. The live365 stream can hold 365 listeners, which gives us plenty of room to grow!

So, were do we go from here? We have been configuring our development computer with the latest in broadcast and web development software. These tools will allow us to create professional station trailer jingles and advertisements for our sponsors. It will also allow us to produce an award winning website! We are currently re-designing the Highlander Radio website from the ground up and we may ask a few of our listeners to test out our new site on our test server. The new website will have more features that interact with our broadcast and will also be designed as a radio site ? utilizing flash media menus, music and more!

As we fine tune what Highlander Radio is all about, we also realize that we need to defer some of the cost with running an internet radio station. The whole basis of Highlander Radio has been to provide music to our listeners, to provide free audio advertising and to provide a means for Celtic musicians to get their music heard. On the plate right now we plan on offering mugs, mouse pads, t-shirts and other promotional items in our forth coming e-store. We have also entered into an arrangement to offer web hosting solutions on the Highlander computer servers. Hopefully by providing these modest services, we will be able to defer the costs of the station and to expand our broadcast to windows, real-media and high-speed formats in the not to distance future.

Well, that?s were we are headed with Highlander Radio. We would appreciate, as always, any feedback, suggestions or comments that could make for a better website and a better broadcast.

As always,

Best Regards!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 27-Dec-2004, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi there, Mac! How is this for some nostalgia! The broadcast was maxed out at 50 listeners! You've come a long way bud! And I, for one, greatly appreciate it!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 02-Jan-2005, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I second that....THANK-YOU!!!! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 03-Jan-2005, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

My lordy lord! This is big! You could create a radio statio...a big building...with puppie dogs.....birdies....wait what?

Day dreaming again!

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 04-Jan-2005, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

I apologize for my above post, I tried to be funny, but I guess it was non-sense. I got a message to be blocked from Highlander Radio for these non-sense posts! It scared the dickens out of me, so I apologize greatly!
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]