> My Grandmother...
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Oh dragonboy! I feel so very badly for you. I can imagine you are really hurting right now and I believe your family are trying to protect you from further pain. You have our support and prayers here. I am glad you feel comfortable enough to share all this pain in your life with us. You take care of yourself, young man. hug.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Dragonboy,
Thank you for letting me know what is going on. My Mom died from lung cancer. She went through the quitting of smoking and 5 years later died. I used to smoke and it is really a hard thing to give up. I didn't know patients could smoke in the hospital. With your Grandmother, may be they don't know what happened for sure. That is what happened with my brother.
What are you doing to keep yourself busy? I agree with Rose, take good, good care of yourself during this stressful time. Feel free to email me at anytime.
I will be praying for all of you.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
susieq76 
Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Hey Adam. Thanks so much for the update. I am so sorry to hear of your great-grandmother's death and the worsening of your grandfather. When my aunt died this fall of cancer, the waiting was the hardest thing. They also decided not to do surgery on her near the end, either. I know you are in a lot of pain, and I know that you cannot understand why these things are happening. Just cling to Jesus, and He will help you through this. We are all here too if you need us. Are there people around you that you can talk to about what has been happening? That might be good. Like the others said, take good care of yourself, and know that we are praying for you and your whole family at this time.

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 16-Feb-2005, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,271 Gold!

Adam, dealing with extreme illness and/or death of a loved one is probably the toughest thing we have to deal with in life. I know the feelings of helplessness, bewilderment, grief and even anger that can be so overwhelming. There's never an easy way to deal with it or a "shortcut" to getting over it. But sharing your feelings helps. Celtic Radio is your "other family" and we are here for you. Anything you want to share with us, ask us about, or just vent about, we're here for you. Rmember that love (love of God, love of family and love of friends) is the one thing in this life that lasts; it even lasts beyond this life. Let us know how you're doing and how everything else is progressing. Just remember that you are a very important person to your family at home and your family here. And we will remember you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Bill

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Iago 
Posted: 17-Feb-2005, 12:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Carlsbad, California

male

Hey there DB. Sorry I couldn't have found you in better times. I sometimes think that I have had more than my share of loss, and no matter who, what or why it never gets easier. All the advise given above is excellent. Most importnt is to let it out in some way, and remeber that God has a purpose. Sometimes pain is there to teach us or prepare us for all the things that life has to throw at us.
I wish you and your family peace, and I will be praying for you all.

~Iago

--------------------
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 17-Feb-2005, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Dragonboy,
I'm so sorry for all that you're going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are also with you and your family. So many of us have been in situations very much like yours, and we understand. Don't give up hope, and remember that we're all here for you.

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 01:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Dragonboy......just read all of the posts since I was last on. I am so sorry about your great grandmother's passing. I know how upsetting it is that your grandfather is still smoking in his condition, but I understand that it is very difficult for a lifetime smoker to quit. He is not trying to hurt you.....I am sure that he wishes he could quit...and he loves you very much. Grandchildren are so special to their grandparents, just as special as your grandfather is to you.

You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

I just went to my Great Grandmothers Funeral Today...wow, it was so hard. I hate funerals. I don't know how those undertakers do it!

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hey there Dragonboy,

Yes funerals, ahh I don't know anyone who likes them.. That hard part is behind you now. Now you must focus on the family and yourself. Try to keep busy and stay healthly. If you need to talk feel free to email me..

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
phoenix07 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

Realm: DXB

female

really sorry to hear this.. i know how hard it is to be in funerals,
hope it will be the last for you

--------------------
"May your mind be master of its vow; may your soul be master of its vow; and may you live on in the joy of your soul all the nights of your life."
user posted image
Vd. 18.27
PMEmail Poster                
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

male

The thing was...my great grandmother got divorced at a young age I believe. For 22 years she was living with her best friend named Ray intill her death. As soon as we walked in the funeral...everyone hung back not really sure what to do. Ray walked as fast as he could to the casket...held her hand, and burst into tears. I have never seen anything like this. 22 Years and to loose someone so precious!

My grandfather looked better when I saw him than when he was first diagnosed and started his Kemo. He's decided to try an experimental drug. I pray to god this works!
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

male

Sorry to make another post. I just wanted to let everyone know of my status on Celtic Radio.

yes...I remember that time when I was on everyday and loved this site so much...WELL I STILL DO!!!! *Gives everyone big hugs* My life has been so stressfull and full of pain/depression/babysitting/DOG BABYSITTING (there worse than some kids!) that I haven't been able to post as much as I would like too. So, just letting everyone know that I am still here, and i still love you all!
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,271 Gold!

We're here whenever you are Dragonboy.
stevenpd 
Posted: 23-Feb-2005, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Hang in there. Time will heal the wounds and this period of your life will be a memory.

I am continuing with my prayers and meditations for your grandfather and family.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Agrona Borimar 
Posted: 23-Feb-2005, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

female

I'm so sorry to hear about your great-Grandmother's passing. I'm equally sorry to just now be reading this.

It's good to hear that your Grandfather is looking better. I wish him the best of reults with the experimental drug.

Clearly this is a very difficult time for you and your family. You needn't apologize to us for your absence, we more than understand the reason. Family always comes first.

We are here when you need us; don't forget to take care of yourself.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]