Patch 
Posted: 22-Jun-2009, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

This one happened on I 69. Some one went off the road and over corrected, crossing the median and hitting the team bus head on. We had a quarter of a page on the accident in an area paper today.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 30-Jun-2009, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

To-morrow 1 July 2009 is the 142nd Birthday of what we, understandably, consider the greatest Nation on Earth, CANADA. We are not a great industrial, finacial, political, or military power we are just us, and because we are just us that makes us great. We have never started a war but have never back away from one especially if the cause is just. We will help any and all who are in trouble and we ask nothing in return. We will and do stand beside our friends and neighbours through thick and thin and will never turn our back on those same friends when they need our help. We are slow to anger and quick to forgive but we will not be taken advantage of. Since that first Canada Day in 1867 we have answered the call to arms 6 times, The Boer War, WW1, WW11, Korea, Peacekeeping duties around the world, and Afghanistan and we have done so with Honour and Pride. We are a Multi-Cultural People and officialy a Bi-Lingual Country but you name the language and I bet you will find one or more of us who speak it. We are the direct inheritors of our four founding peoples, The First Nations, The French, The English, and the Scots. We are a Constitutional Monarchy under a Parliamentary Government and it is a good system, not perfect, but good. Perhaps the biggest drawback with us is that we are not boastful and as is quite often the case , out of sight out of mind. Yet when the U.N or NATO has a problem they ask for us. We gave the world the Blue Berets, Peace Keepers, We spearheaded the death of Apartheid in South Africa and helped bring Peace to the former Yugoslavia, Our first Peacekeeping role was in Egypt in 1956 followed by Cyprus, Gaza, then countless other places around the world. Well Like I said we are just us the quiet folk that live in the North and we will always be here. If you ever need our help just call Eh!!.

HAPPY CANADA DAY. BON FETE' CANADA.

Camac. band.gif cheers.gif happybday.gif

Patch 
Posted: 01-Jul-2009, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Happy birthday!!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 03-Jul-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

To-day Cpl Nicholas Bulger of the P.P.C.L.I. (Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry {Princess Pats}) stationed in Edmonton Alberta, was killed by a I.E.D while on patrol. He is our 121st soilder to die in Afghanistan.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 04-Jul-2009, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I wish we gave ours the same respect. The fact that the govt keeps the names out of the press does not speak well for Americans or their govt. The last I knew our count was around 4500 and I do not believe it indicated whether that was on one or both fronts.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 07-Jul-2009, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Two more of our young people were killed yesterday in Afghanistan bring the total 124. The lastest died when their Chopper crashed.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET

Camac.

Camac
Posted: 16-Jul-2009, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Another Van Doo died to-day in Afghanistan the total now 126.

ALL HONOUR TO THE FALLEN

LEST WE FORGET.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 17-Jul-2009, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I correspond with a WW2 vet and he keeps me posted on the passing of those of his war. If I have kept accurate count our losses in Iraq and Afghanistan are right at 5000. Even sadder for both our countries are those who have returned with horrendous injuries and will never have a normal life. Now we are looking to increase our military by an additional 30,000. So much for winding down the conflict.

Slàinte,     

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 18-Jul-2009, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

It is unfortunate but true that those who are maimed physically, mentally, and spiritually are burden for the remainder of their lives. The Dead are the lucky ones.

I have said this before but as an amateur student of History the world seems to be repeating the past. What the U.S. is doing is almost an exact copy of Rome.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 19-Jul-2009, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 18-Jul-2009, 12:16 PM)

I have said this before but as an amateur student of History the world seems to be repeating the past. What the U.S. is doing is almost an exact copy of Rome.

Camac.

I must agree and those "running the train" have not a clue!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 31-Jul-2009, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Monday 3 Aug. is a Holiday up here in the True North. All across Canada it is called Civic Holiday amongst many other names. In Ontario it'is called Simcoe Day after the first Lt. Govenor, Lord Simcoe. In B.C. it's called British Columbia Day, In New Brunswick, New Brunswick Day, in P. E.I. Natal Day actually it is only in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories that it is called Civic Holiday. Anyway it is a Nation wide Statutory Holiday and you can call it what ever you want. Any excuse for a Beer Bust and Fireworks. Enjoy.

beer.gif cheers.gif clap.gif band.gif pepsi.gif

oldraven 
Posted: 04-Aug-2009, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

That would be nice, but Natal Day isn't an official holiday in Nova Scotia. sad.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 25-Aug-2009, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

I came across this great qoute last night by Helen Gordon McPherson.

"CANADIANS HAVE BEEN SO BUSY EXPLAINING TO THE AMERICANS THAT WE AREN'T BRITISH, AND TO THE BRITISH THAT WE AREN'T AMERICANS THAT WE HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO BECOME CANADIANS".

Also this one by Rick Mercer.

"The US is our trading partner, our neighbour, our ally and our friend... and sometimes we'd like to give them such a smack".

Camac.

Camac
Posted: 02-Sep-2009, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

"Canadians are people who know how to make love in a canoe." Pierre Burton.

"There are few, if any Canadian men that have never spelled their name in a snow bank." Douglas Coupland.

Camac.

oldraven 
Posted: 02-Sep-2009, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Spelled in yellow. It takes true talent, and much beer, to write it, though.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]