gwenlee 
Posted: 28-Nov-2006, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

He everyone. I had a great Thanksgiving. My daughter and son in law did all of the cooking and it was great.

My daughter Sarah has had another relapse with her MS. This time she is having skin sensitivity. It hurts her to be touched. So her we go again with another round of steroids.

The weather has been so nice and warm this week. Last week it was cold and we even had snow flurries. Strange weather in deed.

I have started to pull out the holiday decoration. I won't put it up before the 1st but I have to see what I can put out. The house we are in right now is smaller so I have to pick out my favorites.

Well I hope you have a good day. Take care.

Gwenlee
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Nov-2006, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

hello all! I can't tell you how many times I have written in this thread only to have hit some stupid key to poof me out. You probably wonder how I could do such a thing...well I have no idea either but I seem to be a master of doing it...poof! It is not excuse. It just seems to happen to me ...in this thread! go figure!

well now I am writing and not giving up.

Merry Christmas to y'all! We had a really terrific Thanksgiving at my sis's house in CA. Was hard to leave and yet so thankful to be home and in my own bed! LOL Sis is coming here for Christmas so that will be terrific.

All is going well. Nothing to complain about...lol. gotta get my decorations up this week, me thinks.

Gwenlee, so sorry to hear about your daughter, Sarah. I know my neice has some real issues as well with her MS. Wish they could get together and support one another as they live so close. But knowing my niece she is a very protective person. I am starting to pull out my Christmas decorations out now. I love it to last as long as possible!

Ballydun, I am so sorry to hear about you have had such a horrible year. Hope and pray 2007 will be a total upliifting and encouragement year for you. heard the hot air balloon festival in Albuquerque was excellent! I sure hope you and your family enjoyed yourself.

Mike, I am so sorry to hear about your Thanksgiving re the loss of your BIl's grandmother.

JP, Siobhan, good night.

All else be careful and sleep well.

Talk to you soon! Rosemary
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Nov-2006, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I wanted to share that I am part of the re-enactment section in this site and will be posting our re-enactments in hopes that some of you can make it or better yet...to be inspired to be a "living historian." I also will be posting photos from my re-enactments in there as well. Hope you all enjoy!
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 28-Nov-2006, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi All,

Home again!! We enjoyed our trip to Michigan and the opportunity to visit with family and friends, but it is always good to be home.

Now it is time to gear up for the Christmas season. Hopefully with the grandkids help, the Christmas tree in the family room will be decorated this weekend. Not sure how quickly the rest of the decorations will go up. wink.gif

Good to beable to check in and see how everyone is doing. Have a good night!!

BGL smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 29-Nov-2006, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

hey all

it's so much fun getting caught up on this thread with everyone!!!i hope you all stuffed yourselves with turkey and then did the "black Friday" thing...i understand it's a tradition for you yanks!!!hehehe

i can't believe the weather we've been having...no snow, not even one flake they say the temp today is going up to 14C (16C is 61F) and it seems that the rest of the week and weekend are going to be just as warm!!!YEAH!!!the west coast of canada seems to be getting the east coast weather this year, suits me to a tee!!! mind it makes even thinking about christmas difficult, i mean, walking around in a sweater instead of heavy coats and boots is soooo hard on the body!!hehehe
this weekend i'll start christmas cards anyways...i can sit outside and enjoy the balmy weather while doing them sipping on some christmas cheer!!!

i hope everyone has an inspiring rest to the week!! beer_mug.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 30-Nov-2006, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Well surprise, we didn't get snow up here in the U. P. The rest of the state and most of the midwest got hit pretty good to which I only have to say tongue.gif . We did however finally get hit with the cold. Six above this morning and only as high as 11 above today. We've gotten no real snowfall since the last warmspell melted everything so everyone is trying to keep their pipes from freezing tonight. Ski hills will be crying about the lack of snow soon. Tomorrow is Dec 1st when I finally cave in annd start celebrating Christmas. Not even the mistletoe goes up till Nov is over in our house. We like to give each holiday its own time. So I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and have a Merry Christmas

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 01-Dec-2006, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all from snowy Chicago!

In case you are wondering, the bulk of the snow missed my area. 3" was reported at Midway Airport. It passed mostly to the north and west of us. Some of the schools in my area were closed though. When I was in school, it had to be pretty bad for Sister Campion to call off school. If I was still in grade school, the snow we got in this area wouldn't have been enough.

I got a bit of a late start today too. The power went out in my building while I was asleep and reset my clocks. I only woke up because Mother Nature was calling. Also, I got to use my new snow brush for my car for the first time. I threw my old one out last year because the part that had the brush and the squeegee on it broke off sad.gif . I was disappointed when that happened. The squeegee made it so easy to get the snow off. But my new brush worked okay.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
MDF3530 
  Posted: 01-Dec-2006, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Also, I was driving out to my parents' area. No matter which way I go, I always pass through the county forest preserves. I wish I'd had a camera with me because the trees were really pretty with all the fresh snowfall.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Dec-2006, 02:27 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. I had a great time with my sis in CA. Took a ton of photos...as usual. Any excuse to take pictures! rolleyes.gif

Anyway, now onto Christmas in which I have yet to get my tree up and house decorated, which I usually do by now. I did spend yesterday out shopping for gifts and the better part of today doing on line shopping! I am pretty sure I have everyone covered as of now. We'll see.

Our desert temps have greatly dropped and we are experiencing very cold weather...for us!

I have had several projects going on that is occupying my time. Having fun with it but it is getting me behind in other projects I need to be doing as well. oh well.

Anyway, y'all have a very Merry Christmas. Talk to you soon!
Senara 
Posted: 02-Dec-2006, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Greetings from the snowy wastelands of Wisconsin! Yep...still digging out from all that snow. Got 10" around here and I'm pretty sure dundee is still digging out of the 14" of the fluffy stuff he got yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well and got all their holiday shopping done...and if not at least started! Things have been crazy for me. Sorry I haven't been around much. I just hope I can pop in more as things start to settle down after my band concert in a couple weeks.

For now though I had best get back to work. See you all soon.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
briantheflute 
Posted: 02-Dec-2006, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Kettering, Tasmania

male

Greetings to one and all!

One of the wonderful things about this site is the "humanity". We live in such a tecnological and urgent age that many of the finer things, the ordinariness of people escapes us and is shot off into space.

When I first found you all, I was touched by that feeling of compassion and care which is so eveident, and as I have read through and caught up with all that I had missed during the last months it struck me more poignantly how people here do care, and maintain that sense of loyalty and friendship.

I feel very proud to be part of such a group of people.

For those of you who have suffered, and there have been some really sad events, then please know you are especially in my prayers...prayers of hope that dark shadows don't hide the Light and Goodness emanating from The One who is there to guide and help us all, prayers that for those who have lost their dear one this approaching Christmas time will not be so much missing, but rather fond remembering. I have had to tread this part of the journey myself and would hope that I might offer some support and comfort if anyone needs it.

It's great to get caught up in the preparations for Christmas, and I'm sure there are going to be some very beautiful dwellings shortly, if not already.

There's nothing seasonal here in Tasmania. The weather has been so up and down, it's very cold for the beginning of Summer...we might even get a white Christmas!

There have been some serious bushfires already, and one came quite close to where I live; thank God, we had an abnormal wind which came from the "wrong" direction and the fire just burned through forest. Had it been from the Southwest as normal, Hobart would have been very charred and blackened.

My music is going okay...that means I love it as passionately as ever, and I'm now teaching myself the violin, so BTF might mean Brian the Flute...or Brian the Fiddle! Ha Ha!

Must close here, keep well everyone and God Bless!

All love and peace, Brian x x x smile.gif

--------------------
My peace I give you, unto you I give my peace. (John 14:27)
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 02-Dec-2006, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

Hey everyone! I haven't been around in quite some time, opps. Weather here in my part of Michigan has been pretty mild, only now are we getting colder winds coming through. Thanksgiving was hard, we lost an aunt to cancer. So hoping Christmas will be better.

But I just wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays! Talk to you soon.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 03-Dec-2006, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Sorry to hear about your aunt . My prayers are with you and your family. Hope you have a great Christmas! We finally got our snow up here after a couple days of really cold weather and as usually it came all at once. Ski hills should be opening and soon the delicate sounds of snowmobiles will be ripping past at speeds sober people only dream of. Looking very Christmascy up here right now but I've got to finish my reseach papers before I can get to decorating.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 03-Dec-2006, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hello everyone!

Another Sunday, another laundry day!

It's a good day for me! My Chicago Bears are going to the playoffs! NFC North Division champions!

Rose, pardon me if I don't tell you to break out your parka, but it is 14º with a wind chill of -1º here in Chicago.

CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Dec-2006, 02:17 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Brrrrrrrrrr, is it ever cold in this desert where I live! It was 70 degrees today! I couldn't believe how cold it was! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Yep, seriously. Us desert rats cannot handle cold in any way, shape or form! so you could tell the difference between us desert rats and the winter visitors. we were bundled up and the winter visitors were wearing shorts! unsure.gif

anyway, got the Christmas tree up and decorated! Whew! What a project but what a relief to get that much done. I always have such a hard time with the lights! I am such a dweeb when it comes to that part of it. rolleyes.gif I have most of my Christmas shopping done. Just have to wrap and mail some of them off.

All else goes well.

Merry Christmas!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]