Posted: 27-Apr-2009, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

My thoughts and continued prayers to Ester and her family.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 27-Apr-2009, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Thanks so much, Steven. It helps. I know the family and little Esther appreciate it as well. Lord bless.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 28-Apr-2009, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Our continued thoughts and prayers to Esther and her family.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 10-May-2009, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

It's finally over Esther Joy Travis is with the Lord. Thanks to all of you who prayed for this brave young lady. Here is the word from her family via CaringBridge. I will post this on a separate thread to amke sure everyone gets the word. Continue to pray for her parents, Adam and Jennifer, and her siblings. Lord bless.

Esther entered into
the Joy of her Lord, from death unto life eternal at 4:25pm Saturday, May 9, 2009.

Touches of grace : (things Esther said over this last week)

1. 4-30-09 Thursday morning she woke up and wanted to eat Adam remembers that prayer, She was so grateful to eat! Daddy asked her if she had seen Jesus. Esther said YES and Adam askedwhen. Esther said,"While I was praying for my food I saw Him in my heart". Adam went on to ask if He said anything and she said, "He said I will be with you." Anxious that she was going to go Adam asked "Is he with you now?" She replied,"He is always in my heart Daddy! He said I WILL be with you." Adam is still laughing about how silly his question was. =)

2. 4-30-09 We were watching a movie but she wasn't really watching so I asked her what she was thinking about she replied" I was thinking about how special Jesus is". I said, Yes, He is special, what special thing where you thinking about? She said" How strong He is".

3. 5-3-09 Sunday Adam walked the kids over to Sunday school and came back to help me with Esther. When she realized he was back she said, "Daddy you can go". He explained he was staying to help me with her and I ask, do you want Daddy to go? Esther nodded and said "Yes, I want you to go teach the Indians about Jesus".

4. 5-3-09 That night we had taken her into the hospital for platlets and two red cell transfusions. She sat up with a smile and wanted to hug me I will always remember those little boney arms with her pick line brace squeasing my neck as she spoke the words I love you mommy for the last time.
I was headed to get her meds a little later and she muttered "Don't worry about me mommy, Jesus will be with me."

5. 5-8-09 For fun when Daddy wiped an eyelash off her cheek he asked what she wished for. Esther said (what we would later know was her real last conversation) "I wish to go to heaven".

6. 5-9-09 After a hard night and morning we were able at 2:30 to get her pain finally to subside. We fell asleep stretched out by her. The Lord sent a total stranger to wake us up (a man from Southwood Baptist Church, who said they had taken up a collection for us and had been praying for us) as Adam started to visit with him I realized Esther was taking her last few breathes. I called Adam he excused himself and we along with her two older siblings Jonathan and Deborah were able to be with her as she took her last. The Lord answered our prayer to both be with her as she passed on.

Viewing will be Monday at Freeman & Harris - (918) 749-3333 , 3333 E. 41st, Tulsa, OK 74135.
The Funeral on Tuesday morning 10:00am at Southeast Baptist Church - (918) 836-6617, 1402 S. Memorial Dr. , Tulsa, OK. 74112[SIZE=14]
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 10-May-2009, 05:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Haynes9,

I know that maybe it'll shock you and some by what I am about to say but it's not meant to be mean...but I am not sorry for Esther...on the contrary...her horrible suffering has finally ended and now she is at peace and not suffering anymore...

SHE IS FREE from it all finally...though sometimes it angers me and question myself about God and His infinite Love...I still don't understand the purpose for a child to suffer like she did and for so long...yes some will say it's make see and appreciate what we have...but I don't need to see a child suffer to see it.

Now she is a bright star in the Universe and will watch over her family for eternity and I will pray for her and her family for them to find peace and comfort.

LOA (Plse do not be offended by my statement)

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 10-May-2009, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Lady-of-Avalon @ 10-May-2009, 04:06 AM)
Haynes9,

I know that maybe it'll shock you and some by what I am about to say but it's not meant to be mean...but I am not sorry for Esther...on the contrary...her horrible suffering has finally ended and now she is at peace and not suffering anymore...

SHE IS FREE from it all finally...though sometimes it angers me and question myself about God and His infinite Love...I still don't understand the purpose for a child to suffer like she did and for so long...yes some will say it's make see and appreciate what we have...but I don't need to see a child suffer to see it.

Now she is a bright star in the Universe and will watch over her family for eternity and I will pray for her and her family for them to find peace and comfort.

LOA (Plse do not be offended by my statement)

Not shocked at all. As a matter of fact, I agree with you. Her suffering is over. It is those of us left behind that have to "pick up the pieces," so to speak.

When I deal with things like this as a preacher, I, too, often wonder why. I don't understand why the suffering. Rather than give some weighted theological answer, I have to trust in the wisdom of my Father. I'm the first to admit that I don't "get it." I'm sure glad He does. I suppose there will be lots of questions answered in eternity.

No offense taken at all, LOA. Thank you for your kind heart and prayers for the Travis family. Lord bless!
Rindy 
Posted: 10-May-2009, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi haynes9 thanks for posting this about Ester. Even though we know it's coming it a shock.
She definitely worked her way into heaven along with the family and friends who went through all of this with her. I don't understand it all either, I am at the point I don't question it anymore. Bless you haynes9 for keeping us updated on all of this. My condolences going out to all of the family and friends at this time.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 11-May-2009, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Rob & I send our condolences to Esther's family and friends.

Val
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 11-May-2009, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

You have my deepest sympathy. The passing of ones child is about as hard as it gets. You will continue in my prayers.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]