Posted: 01-May-2007, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!!!

I'm here at the library again! They are a great resource, aren't they?

I've started watching the new "Doctor Who" series on PBS, the one with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. I've never seen any of the previous series, but I'd have to say he's great, playing it with a bit of humor. I changed my avatar to his mode of transportation, the TARDIS.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
marti64 
Posted: 01-May-2007, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Happy May day to all!!!!!!! It is May 1st already!!! It soesn't seem possible!! I am doing OK, and thought it was time for a bit of an update!
I have been doing better, and things have begun to calm down.

There have been a few minor setbacks, but all in all, I am adjusting to being single again........
I may have a chance to get promoted at work soon, but I am not really crossing my fingers and toes jsut yet!! one of my supervisors is getting burned out, and is thinking about leaving.....the only way to move is up!!

Take care all!!!! Love ya!!! Marti

wub.gif wub.gif kiss1.gif kiss2.gif kisss.gif beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
ballydun 
Posted: 01-May-2007, 11:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Hi all!
Just wanted to stop in and say "HI!"

Hubby and I went to Celtic Woman tonight. Wow what a show it was. Those are such talented ladies! He bought me the tickets as a birthday present. I loved the concert, but sometimes I wish he would come up with the birthday gift ideas without me having to tell him," I want to go see Celtic Woman for my birthday." Oh well, he did get the tickets anyway. tongue.gif

We are getting ready for our Celtic Festival and Highland games. They are on May 19th this year. I will have a vendors booth as well as helping out with whatever the director needs me to do. The festival almost didn't happen this year, so the new person in charge of the event is putting a lot of effort into it to get it back on it's feet for next year.

well, take care everyone!

Cheers beer_mug.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 02-May-2007, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (ballydun @ 01-May-2007, 11:27 PM)
I loved the concert, but sometimes I wish he would come up with the birthday gift ideas without me having to tell him," I want to go see Celtic Woman for my birthday." Oh well, he did get the tickets anyway. tongue.gif

Come, you know how us guys are biggrin.gif .

If you don't tell us what you want, you end up getting a cheap bottle of knock-off perfume and a t-shirt that says "I'm With Stupid" cool.gif .
valpal59 
Posted: 03-May-2007, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

yes.gif Sad but true.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-May-2007, 10:55 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh Ballydun! What Mike says can unfortunately be true...not with all guys, but with most. A long time ago, hubby and I made it a point to tell each other what we wanted for all occasions. That way are assured to get what we want. wink.gif I bet you had a great time at the Celtic woman show. have fun at your Highland game event coming up! How is your daughter doing?

Mike, do you have to pay to use the library computers? We do here. hope you are doing well.

Hey Marti, Valpal, JP and everyone else. All goes well here. Stay pretty busy most the time. It is starting to get very warm here in the desert.

Marti, hope you get that much wanted promotion! thumbs_up.gif

JP, how are things with you? I have been out taking lots of photos of desert flowers that have been in bloom! I love this time of year!

we're going back to western/coastal Oregon the end of June. I can hardly wait! I was there two years ago and took a boat load of photos. this year I hope to take better ones! wink.gif

You all take care!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-May-2007, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 03-May-2007, 10:55 PM)
Mike, do you have to pay to use the library computers? We do here. hope you are doing well.

Hey evryone!

I'm here at the library again, using the internet and listening to my iPod. I specifically checked and we are allowed to use music devices as long as we use headphones and keep the volume to a respectable level.

CR, no, we don't. We just have to sign up for online access when we get a library card.

I have some possible good news to share with you all. I have a job interview for a court runner/process server position on Tuesday! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
ballydun 
Posted: 04-May-2007, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Come, you know how us guys are

I know, but you'd think after 14 years he'd have me figured out! I guess it will never change. wink.gif

CR, everyone here is fine, healthy, and ready for school to be out! I think hubby is more ready than the kids! (He teaches High School Science)

Mike, that is great news!!! I'll definitely be thinking about you and praying things go well for you. I can't imagine the frustration you must feel!
Good luck!

Marti, I think of you often. I'm glad to hear you are doing well and that you are looking at a promotion! What an exciting opportunity for you.

Hope everyone else is keeping busy and is staying healthy.

Cheers beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 06-May-2007, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 04-May-2007, 03:31 PM)
I have some possible good news to share with you all. I have a job interview for a court runner/process server position on Tuesday! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Will be praying that the job works out for you, Mike! Best wishes!

Hey, ballydun, that was a great concert, wasn't it? Did you notice the "confetti" while Meav was singing Danny Boy? I'm going to write a review of the concert sometime this week and explain that. I thought my girls were going to crack up! BTW, did you hear that Mairead apparently sprained her ankle at the Phoenix show the next night? How can that girl play the fiddle unless she can jump?

Have a great day everyone!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
valpal59 
Posted: 07-May-2007, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

GOOD LUCK!!! Fingers crossed.
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 07-May-2007, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Sorry I have not been around here as much lately. I have been very busy with both work and projects at home. My youngest is graduating from high school in less than a month. Not only are we scrambling to get the house ready by cleaning, etc, but are also trying to fit in a bit of remodeling too. We are redoing the floors in the living room, dining room and kitchen.

CR - I have been taking some photos lately, mostly at track meets. I'll try to download some to my gallery when I can get to it.

MDF - good luck with the job!!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 07-May-2007, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hello everyone!

I'm here at my parents' house, doing my laundry and looking through the help wanted ads. I didn't do it yesterday because I was up half the night the other night with an upset stomach. I think I had some undercooked Polish sausage Saturday night.

This weekend, the upset stomach aside, was a good one for me. My older niece Megan made her First Communion. The Mass was at 9:30 Saturday, so I spent Friday night at my parents' house. The party was at one of the aunt & uncle's house. I left after lunch because I didn't sleep very well Friday night and I wanted to catch some z's.

My dad asked around about the place where I have my interview tomorrow. Apparently, one of his friends used to be a business partner with the owner of this business and he said that this guy is quite a character, so while I will go to the interview, I'm not going in with a bunch of hope that this'll be a full-time position.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 07-May-2007, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Mike, I am crossing my fingers for ya, good luck tomorrow!

I have been extremely busy, kids ball games and homework, I haven't had any time to myself! There is only 2 1/2 weeks left until the kids get out of school, I know It will be a lot tougher then to get anything done around the house. Hope everyone is well!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-May-2007, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Mike! Praying for a terrific interview for you. It sounds like a great job opportunity as well. Keep us posted!

All is well here. Weather is getting pretty warm here in the desert.

I got a call last night to photograph a special event at our church on Friday night and on Sunday morning. I am sorry but this is hysterical to me. Who the heck knew that God would use me as photographer of our church! I never heard of such a thing.....church photographer! But you know? I prayed about what I could do with my camera and God supplied the resources. Sorry to be "religious" to y'all, but I am always amazed what God does in my life!

I *think* I told you all we are going back up to Oregon the last week in June. I can hardly wait! It is so beautiful on the coast and with it being a family reunion, we are staying in a beach house right off the beach...like we did two years ago!

There is always lots going on at my house, but nothing so important that you all would want to hear.

JP, anxious to see your photos!

Talk to you all soon!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-May-2007, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (haynes9 @ 06-May-2007, 10:04 AM)
Will be praying that the job works out for you, Mike! Best wishes!

Hey, ballydun, that was a great concert, wasn't it? Did you notice the "confetti" while Meav was singing Danny Boy? I'm going to write a review of the concert sometime this week and explain that. I thought my girls were going to crack up! BTW, did you hear that Mairead apparently sprained her ankle at the Phoenix show the next night? How can that girl play the fiddle unless she can jump?

Have a great day everyone!

Haynes and ballydun! Were you both in Phoenix and did not let me know? I sure hope this is not true! tongue.gif biggrin.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]