> Hugo Book Reviews, Books for teens and some for kids
Bookmark and Share
Hugo 
  Posted: 09-Feb-2005, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Welcome names Hugo but we new that. I'm a 14 year old kid that loves to read. This is where I will review those books hopefully getting others intersted and give me something to do in the middle of my own book.

Here's the deal, I will place my reviews here where you can read. Most of my books take 2 to 3 months untill the next one is published some take more or maybe years so I may do reviews on the other books. Here's the first review on a seris I've been reading ever since the summer The Chronicles of the Cursed Sword

[CENTER]Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Vol1[CENTER]

CCS is sexteen book long that only ten have come out so far and it most likely won't be finshed until next year. The art is done by Park Hui-jin and the author is Yuy Beop-Ryong and is rate T for teen (13 ^).

Together the author and the Illustrator bring a world to life were demons and humans continueously fight in a war and where anything can happen even 2 cursed sword forged from demon bones is the thing to save man kind. (Pasa and Pachun)

Rey Yan and his sister Shyao Lin are orphans that where raised by a wise master that showed them the ways of combat and magic. After a attacker kills his master they are force to travel in the middle of a war to the Great Azure Pavilion.

Armed with his cursed sword known as the Pasa sword he slaughters any and all demons that get in his way. By destiny he and his sister meet the handsom Jaryoon King of Hahyun and save him from a demon. After a horrible battle Jaryoon wishes to repay them for their help so he takes them to his castle where the King ask the sixteen year olds help. Rey declines Shyao asking Rey but he says he hates Demons and Government officials I wonder why?

As night comes the Black Wolf Bandits lead by Kuochien come to kidnap Jaryoon for pay back for putting some fo his men in jail. The King and his knights fight hard to get rid of the bandits. Dispite their efforts Rey is captured and the only why to make sure he doesn't get killed is for Jaryoon to go with the Bandits. Just as he was going to give himself up someone came from the sky and his name is white tiger and his wants Rey's sword and the King.

This book leaves off in a powerful battle. It is rate teen from some language, blood, a violence. It is from Tokyopop and volumes one through ten are out volume eleven will be out March 8, 2005

score: 9 out of 10

Next book: The Seventh Tower by Garth Nix

--------------------
My homeland is the grasslands home of the Karaya tribe just one of the six clans.
The with the Zexens is still on after loosing my best friend I was forced to go to the duck clan village. There I met Lilly and her crew. I promised to take them the Lizard Clan' Great Hallow (where my family was hiding). After we get there there seemed to be a fighting going on between the rest of my clan (Karayan), the lizard clan and the iron heads. After the battle settled I have to go to the Lake Castle. There is were we all get separeted. Going to another one of the clan's villages I met the women that killed my best friend, Lulu, Lady Chris fighting for our clans.
Favorite saying: "Married is a Bliss to women misfortune to men"
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

Well it seems that I am no longer the youngest member at celticradio! Welcome Hugo!

There is a place for this here were everyone would love to look at your book reviews!

I hope to talk to you in the near future, and again, another warm welcome! smile.gif

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

No I was mistaken...the link is...

Book Forum!!

Feel free to post you reviews here! laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Sachi 
Posted: 12-Feb-2005, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: In my own little world!!!!!!!

I make a reveiw that it is a good book, I've only read one of the books completely trough but I've heard/read bits of it!

I give it an 8 out of 10!

--------------------
I am from a strange demention. I recently meet up with 2 young boys and a Gryffon. Since then alot of weird stuuf has been happening, then again..it always has. My brother and one of the strange boy's always fight it gets annoying hearing them rant on and on and on. but..I guess thats just how it will be.
PMEmail Poster               
Hugo 
  Posted: 13-Feb-2005, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Alright time to review a new book ... this one is a good one too.

THe Seventh Tower

The Seventh Tower is a story about a kid name Tal who's father has disappeared and mother is sick and in bed. He raises his bother in sister while waiting for mom to hopefully get better and keeping his rank in the orange order. BUt there's more to this story then just that Tal's mother sun stone (a stone that gives them fake shadow's called shadow guards and strage magic powers) starts going out. Tal knows his mom won't surive long with out one. He has three choices to ask his cousins, to enter a contest, or to go to the voilet order. But all fall to Tal's sadness. He must seek into the red tower and get a main sun stone.

As he climbs the tower to get this sun stone he falls to his death but hopefully he had his shadow guard to protect him. Once he laid he finds himself in a strange snow-covered-land that's where he meets a strange girl named Milla and her tribe. The ask the young hero question about his shadow and what's going on but to Tal's dislike they don't trust him. So Tal must prove himself he must fix there sun stone. After some 'minor' troubles he fixes there sun stone but leaving his weak and about to go out and if that happens his shadow guard will leave him.

They let Tal go but he must take Milla (a crazy girl that wants to kill him) with him back to the castle and get her a sunstone also (make his trouble more diffcult) As they travel they enter a major fight with a monster ... only to be captured again.

Garth Nix went into major detail with this story your never left with asking question untill the end of the book. There are I belive seven books and I've only read 2 and 1/2 of them.

But over all I give this seris a 9 out of 10

Hugo 
Posted: 13-Feb-2005, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

next book Gamerz Heaven coming soon
Hugo 
Posted: 08-Mar-2005, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

I have to hold off on the Gamerz Heaven review reason to believe (after reading the first one any *only a 2 partr seris*) that there is Yaoi in it! For the people who don't know what that is it's "guy on guy love" not saying it's in there I just have to read the second one to find out. There's things in it that make it seem like it's leading to a Yaoi (evil Yoai)
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt