Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (freekenny @ 10-Oct-2004, 03:54 AM)
O'siyo Shadow,
~Aye, I have had that experience more than once~ I agree with what you explained and I would add to it, my opinion only, that there are tymes that I know I am the one who is meant to deliver the 'message' wink.gif and had that stranger talked to me it could've altered their life sleep.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

Do not let that feeling limit you to just giving, there is also a message in it for you !
The ebb and flow of the universal spirit is a two way street, if you have a message to deliver then there is one for you there also, be attuned to the flow of energy.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Oct-2004, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (MacAibhistin @ 10-Oct-2004, 11:15 AM)
I am usually skeptical of such experiences, but I certainly don't discount them totally as I've had a similar experience.

It was about 12 years ago now. I was out deer hunting one day in an old forest area and I came into a small meadow which had a few relatively "new" trees growing in it. I felt this overwhelming sense that something was there with me. It was so intense that I was gripping my rifle extremely hard. I kept trying to tell my self that there must be a deer in the immediate vicinity and that I simply needed to be ready and I would soon seen it. Well, I walked to the other side of the meadow and did not see the deer I was so eagerly expecting. Then, just in the edge of the meadow, where the old growth forest resumed, there were the scattered bones and skull of a deer that had probably died there maybe 5-10 years previous. There were partially decayed. Nevertheless, I didn't see a live deer that day, but I sure has heck felt the presence of that dead one! It was the weirdest feeling I've ever had, and I've never felt it like that again. Od

dly, I rarely hunt alone now, and I did more often when I was younger. Perhaps when we drown out the other voices in our lives, we can better hear the spiritual ones.

Rory

Not Odd! You experienced the energy that life releases and recieved a message from the life of that animal. That encounter may have saved your life some where after that encounter, the bones could have been yours in the future of that encounter. You state you no longer hunt alone......!
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
freekenny 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (Shadows @ 10-Oct-2004, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (freekenny @ 10-Oct-2004, 03:54 AM)
O'siyo Shadow,
~Aye, I have had that experience more than once~ I agree with what you explained and I would add to it, my opinion only, that there are tymes that I know I am the one who is meant to deliver the 'message' wink.gif and had that stranger talked to me it could've altered their life sleep.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

Do not let that feeling limit you to just giving, there is also a message in it for you !
The ebb and flow of the universal spirit is a two way street, if you have a message to deliver then there is one for you there also, be attuned to the flow of energy.

O'siyo,
~Aye, but in most cases, if there is a message for me it comes later wink.gif Especially when I 'know' I am there for someone or something rolleyes.gif
~ Doesn't one need to always be 'in-tune' in order to give to others as well as receive~ It's a must for me~ beer.gif
~I have also 'noticed' that when one gives, there is total peace spiritually, mentally and physically~ Doesn't get any clearer or blessed than that biggrin.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (MacAibhistin @ 10-Oct-2004, 11:15 AM)
I am usually skeptical of such experiences, but I certainly don't discount them totally as I've had a similar experience.

It was about 12 years ago now. I was out deer hunting one day in an old forest area and I came into a small meadow which had a few relatively "new" trees growing in it. I felt this overwhelming sense that something was there with me. It was so intense that I was gripping my rifle extremely hard. I kept trying to tell my self that there must be a deer in the immediate vicinity and that I simply needed to be ready and I would soon seen it. Well, I walked to the other side of the meadow and did not see the deer I was so eagerly expecting. Then, just in the edge of the meadow, where the old growth forest resumed, there were the scattered bones and skull of a deer that had probably died there maybe 5-10 years previous. There were partially decayed. Nevertheless, I didn't see a live deer that day, but I sure has heck felt the presence of that dead one! It was the weirdest feeling I've ever had, and I've never felt it like that again. Od

dly, I rarely hunt alone now, and I did more often when I was younger. Perhaps when we drown out the other voices in our lives, we can better hear the spiritual ones.

Rory

O'siyo MacAibhistin,
~What a fantastic experience! Ni Ya We for sharing~
I guess just because we are 'expecting' something doesn't mean that we always get it eh? wink.gif
~Sty-U and have a blessed and peaceful eve red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

QUOTE (Elspeth @ 17-Aug-2004, 12:29 PM)
Might have Shadows smile.gif but it was too overwhelming for me as a child. That was the feeling, it was just too big of a thing for me to handle and I was getting out of there.

Interesting idea about me being her favorite. I don't think I was, probably a younger cousin was her favorite. But I was my grandfather's favorite and I used to spend my summers with him later as a kinda helper around the house/companion. Maybe that was the connection she wanted to make. With the one who could make my grandfather smile.

Don't you think you have to be open to portable spirits though? I have a hard time thinking of my grandma reaching out much. She was a good, kind, loving women but not big on imagination. Very down to earth and practicle.
Now me, there are some people I know I am connected to all the time, can feel when they are thinking of me. Then again, I'm quite imaginitive.

You may not have been her favorite, but were you most connected to her?

I think it may have been both experiences.

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]